• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remembering Those of Sonoma...

T

Trinsauce

I'll throw out a few more names for u nostalgic peeps.

Tree
a drunk celt
Exodus
CLIFFORD hahahaha
Falcor
PrettyWoman
Malice
DaPain
NBK

Wanted to give a shout out to Skaught... Old school name from TK... The other half of the guild known as LoS-Lords of Sosaria... Later a good majority of the guys left from LoS joined [F]-F*ckheads... fun times

P

Pursuivant

OK Maybe not PK or anti-PK names, but names to remember from pre-Trammel:

Janos Antero
Loryn
Minotaur
Kender (A humble Yewish Smith)

How about Dor gives us a list of the old names on the current YMCA Banned list? Hehe. Actually I could do that too I think (if Satellite lag wouldn't kill me in Fel).

My ex-roommate acquired a bunch of accounts of people leaving, so if I wanted to I could see a few names pop up and surprise people. (Like Machiavelli, Minotaur, Janos Antero, and others I would remember if I spent the $$ to open the accounts)

Pursuivant, aka
Argond Earandir, Arghun, Ugluk, Yerrom, Robin Hood, Sadie Lace, Sorcha, Aeron, Maid Marion and others (Why is it my crafters are female and my others are not?)

D

Dor of Sonoma

I met Triskin and Gara (among others) when I hosted a RL get-together for OGD back in '99. You can find pictures of them and others (including Hawk of [ML] and Shandra) at that event on OGD's site:

http://ogd.syix.com/RenFaire.html

I also have a piece of OCT weaponry laying around somewhere...one of my favorite possessions. :)

D

Dor of Sonoma

Heh...I remember being guardwhacked in Vesper when I healed a grey Falcor - even though we were allied at the time (back when NecroLyte started -S-).

Falcor was a trip :)

I

imported_Vexxed

Some of my REALLY old Pictures...

Factions were fun once upon a time.

Heh.. back when having a Tower with a 3 house blocked in courtyard was the way to go, and looting someone keys was HUGE...

Good ole days of the bonewall..... ahhh training and chatting oldschool.

S

Skaught

<blockquote><hr>

I met Triskin and Gara (among others) when I hosted a RL get-together for OGD back in '99. You can find pictures of them and others (including Hawk of [ML] and Shandra) at that event on OGD's site:

http://ogd.syix.com/RenFaire.html

I also have a piece of OCT weaponry laying around somewhere...one of my favorite possessions. :)

[/ QUOTE ]

Been trying to track down Triskin for awhile. Old email address I have from him is long gone.

That OCT weaponry if by chance is a bow, was crafted by Siger. I'm pretty sure he was one of the few GM bowcrafters way back in the day and was supplying all the bows to the troops. He used to spend HOURS chopping wood in Yew.

I've been looking around these forums and I was glad to see the YMCA was still in existance. That place sure did see its fair share of chaos back in the day. It got raided numerous times back in the day. It was at one point a regular stop on our search for PKs

S

Skaught

Ok, have to admit...I laughed when I saw the screen shot of Jerry Springer

D

Dor of Sonoma

I just logged in to check, and I was wrong. It's actually a set of platemail arms made by Knockmore-OCT.

If you're ever wandering by in the area, they and many other ancient names and items can be viewed on the third floor of -S-prit De Corps ([-S-]'s large guild tower), which has always been open to the public. I can guarantee that you'll see names there that will bring those days flooding back. (Oh, and Gara's head :)

The tower is located in Felucca (of course) just to the west of the road by the Yew Crossroads sign.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
what happened to....Angie, Guildmistress of SDK??
i strolled by her castle the other day &amp; see she's not the owner anymore.

other old (and maybe not so old) names from various periods of time in uo life:
tree
kaun
aceis
sentri
beast
moria aka mistress j (i think the original moria is gone &amp; someone else now possesses the account)
lillith (i see she's returned)
orian
maverick
nevada bob

there were many others but i struggle to remember the names.

P

PhireHawk_PkP

Well, here's my annual check-in with the Sonoma faithful.

Hope all is well, and thanks for the mentions. No time spent in any MMO will ever compare, or hold a candle to the time I/we spent on Sonoma.

Whatever side of the battle you may have seen me on, In Vas Mani or Vas Ort Flam, I hold no ill-wills and wish you all the best.

Regards!!

-PhireHawk (Ashibar)

www.forsakenkings.net

D

Dor of Sonoma

Heya, Phire!

We were just talking about you ingame the other night.

Good to hear from you. :)

D

Dor of Sonoma

Considering who was discussing you...no. We were waxing nostalgic.

It's all good. :-D

T

Triskin

LOL when I saw the pics of jerry springer I was there in the next room killing some of his friends.I saw that pic and busted up laughing and was thinking of old times.Some of thoes pics brings back so many memorys and some of the friends I havent seen for ages.

I remember the nights of Pk hunting with OGD and OCT and being in LoS first guild I helped formed then got absorbed into OCT and also fighting SaS on a minute by minute basis.

SaS=great guild to fight and very sneaky LOL
DOM=See above
OCT=Good guys to be with in pking and very serious about it
OGD=Great pkers and also just best in PvP, hung around after OCT left with these guys and well they were great
Dor=What can I say the heart and soul of Sonoma
Skaught/Sir Scott=Great guy and brother in arms
Cant remeber most of the names but Sonoma had great times

Anyways playing on a free server at the moment but might get back into somona if hopping again..

Dor I need more eggs if you still make them as mine broke that I gave to my wife...

D

Dor of Sonoma

Your...wife?!

Omigods. I didn't realize that it had been that long. Belated congratulations, friend! If you are considering hitting Sonoma again at all, please please let me know. It would be my pleasure to help welcome you back, however I could. :-D

T

Triskin

Yep tied the knot last feb 15th 2006 in vegas...

Is sonoma still filled with millions of houses and does it have many people now? or is it a ghost town?

D

Dor of Sonoma

It varies. :)

I really can't speak for Trammel, as I remain relatively unfamiliar with it. We're still hanging on around the YMCA - although Kender's Forge finally decayed sometime around this past Thanksgiving. No more can I take players by there and tell them how it was placed on New Year's Eve, 1997. Bah!

By the way, please check your PMs, slacker. :p

G

HeWhoHasNoName Post was moved due to accusations in the post. Comments / accusations about real life have no place on this board.

The edited post, from HeWhoHasNoName is below:
-----------------

Alot of you are name'n off your friends, whom that perhaps in your own little world made a diffrence in your guilds, etc. Here are some of the people im a give some props too for making a diffrence on Sonoma/have'n fun for all people.

-Lich Soulstealer of Golgotha guild
-Cice of the Black Guards guild
-Kingdavid
-Jazzman (he was always around)
-Dor (only because she dedicated time every friday for RPG at the Y)
-Galad of the LuT guild
-Bacci of the DP guild (entertaining)
-Anyone in the post-1998 guild of the Warlords(I think someone mentioned them)
-Grunk the Half Orc of the BLD guild
-Mr.Grimm and Mastermind of the SAS guild
-Lady Brighamm (or whatever her name was)
-Majim of a guild whos name has been lost in time...
-The ladies of the lair (all of them)
-the entire guild of SOJ from moonglow
- THRAXIMUS whom always knew how and still does know how, too have a good time.

That is all of the uo peeps that ment anything too me that I can think of at the moment. *Noname*

------------------------
Don't jump to conclusions. Feel Free to PM me anytime, I'll be happy to tell you why a post was moved. I too, agree that the history is important. I also think if they wanted the posts to stay around, they could just follow the RoC.

Q

R

Razeial

I remember when Suicidal Gnome ran a macer named Perry back in the day, he had a pony tail and a van**** and ran around on a llama and in black clothing, always had the l33t3st macen weaps, he was a two hit wonder./

D

DwofAvalon

Not sure if anyone remembers Darkwing from that small town across the bay from the Shrine of Justice, Avalon. Anyway I checked the other day and my account is still available to me so when the Kingdom Reborn starts up I will be back. I still talk to Orion and Wolivere all the time and they will be coming back for a look as well.

Hello Dor, nice to see you still around!

Darkwing of Avalon

Ahh yes some of the names I remember...

Rand
Pander
Lorin (not sure if I am spelling her name right)
Shandra
Janos
Dor
Kender
Bree
Stevenson

D

Dor of Sonoma

Darkwing! Omigods!!

*hugs, grinning*

I was just thinking about you recently, as a matter of fact. So wonderful to hear from you! How have you been doing?

Polgara

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If that was the two mule houses side by side south of the YMCA, I think I did the IDOC. I have a pair of ringmail shadow arms made by Kender if you are interested in stuff made by him/her as keepsake or to lock at the Y.

G

I agree there needs to be some kind of posterity for our shard. While UO is a wonderful environment for keeping me entertained, I've often felt a bit sad that there's no real monuments to our history, a history that we each have forged with our interactions, our events, and our deeds (both charitable and unsavory).

For so much of it, it lives in my memory and in stories. Some things are props of innocuous design and no real value, but still special to me. I was in love with two young ladies I met through the game, and spent a lot of time with them -- one of them emoted kissing my tricorne hat for luck, and the other gave me a whispering rose on valentine's day. One of them is gone -- she left UO. The other one plays still, but on a different shard, and we no longer are in contact.

Though they are gone, they still mean much to me. Thus, both of these items are locked down in a makeshift shrine to them in my tower. A small white table, with the items, and a book with the simple inscription naming the two ladies, and "I will remember you for all time and until times are done."

As long as I play, regardless of my abode -- be it a 8x8 plot or a castle -- there will always be this shrine.

And of course, there have been the friends. I had played my first few years on Sonoma as a hermit -- fed up with the guild nonsense and friends who seemed to let me down at the worst times. But I've had many friends on the other shards. I'll never forget some of the fun times we would have. Lord Moander's Barbeque Party down in Hythloth in 98. The Cult of Bob. Invasion of Trinsic (where FOE, the biggest PK guild in the shard, actually came to the rescue one day)The Brotherhood of Night Ring-A-Ding-Dong-Dandy Booze Cruise. Good times.

I would love to have a feature of paintings: much like our statues, but you can put an inscription about the subject.

We need to have more commemorative stuff. Many of my friends have moved on to other games, but their actions and interactions in this silly online game seem as real as anything that would happen in real life.

D

DevilHimself

Most of the combatants I would have chosen to be remembered have already been named. A few noncombat characters have already been named, such as DameJudi (I have such fond memories of her). But a few I would like to add to the greatset Sonomans list:

Salty Pete
Genjuro/Lothar of Paladine
Miri
Nadia of Sonoma
Kittykat
Voluptuous
Bob McDeath
Pluffina
Cliodna/Patty

And probably a few others that I have forgotten.

I was a horrid pk/pvper, pretty decent solo mage, but I had fun w/ this game until AoS rolled out. I just couldn't stomach it anymore.

P

PhireHawk_PkP

Not that it really matters anymore, but since it's apparently a trend in this thread I will list as many of the characters I played as that I can remember:

PhireHawk - 7x peacemaker/mage
PhireHawk of PkP - 7x hally/mage
PhireHawk Jr - Archer/dexer
Ashibar Cruise - Tamer/Mage
Barrett Wallace - Fencer
Dwarfden - Faction Parry Dexer when mages didn't do damage in town
Gus - mule
Alice - The mage I played as after GM Haan banned me
Goku - when we did our DBZ pk guild
Bobby Brady - when we did our Brady Bunch pk guild
WHITE ZOMBIE - random pk archer
Crimson Blade - archer/mage I infiltrated the Oasis Guards with and then looted their main storage tower. tehe
Molly - a character I only had to own the Trammel Keep I placed and then sold since I never used it - I was never in trammel. :p

I may be leaving names off, maybe you don't care but it was sort of fun for me to think back on every name I used.

L

Lullaby Love

My mom is Brianne of SAS. Started out as a Beta Player and is still playing today, although not much anymore. She still tells the same stories of pre-aos SAS to this day, even though it's been at least 5 years since she's been in SAS. Thank you Deathclaw for mentioning her name. I'm happy she was not forgotten.

B

BaliBerryBlast

I've always wondered what happened to Brianne. She quit years back, now shes playing again?

Are you Michelle? I don't remember if that was her daughters character or just a friend of hers.

Tell her MasterMind/Garen says hi. Also if shes still in contact with Scott/SHADOW tell her to have him message me.

L

Lullaby Love

She is playing again. I'm her daughter (Not Michelle that was her friend...) and we all started back up again about 4 years back.

We do keep in contact with Scott still (Busy busy guy though!).. infact he was our room mate for 4 years before he moved back to Canada!
Only through e-mail because of phone charges but if you would like.. you can pm me and I can pass the e-mail on? Let me know.
OMG MM!!!! I know you! (this is so odd!) We were just talking about you today!
Anyways, yea let me know.. and I'll get you, Brianne and Shadow in contact again, alrighty?

B

BaliBerryBlast

I'm almost offended that Bri returned to UO without announcing it to me :] She was the mother of SAS and Queen of Trinsic south bank. I hope shes not a huge Trammie now.

Now I want to be cool like PhireHawk so

Account 1 (Banzored in 99)
MasterMind II - Mage/PK
MasterMind - YMCA/Oasis socialite
Kiwi Strawberry - Gimp
Garen - Smith

Account 2 (Sold in 01)
Anton LaVey - Mage
General Dro - Gimp
Garen - Smith

*waits for evasion ban*

S

Skaught

Man someone had shown me some screenshots of like 4 guilds looting KK's guild house (large brick) way back in the day. Saw names on those shots like Absolute Peppar and such.

Mastermind/Garen - where is Rivan? or BC? Someone said you guys might had jumped onto a free shard. True?

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

. Saw names on those shots like Absolute Peppar and such

[/ QUOTE ]
I got his head in my keep, hehe. Got when I my dad quit, and he got from my uncle (Malice of UGK) when he quit. Nice to know I got a known reds head, hehe.

B

BaliBerryBlast

I don't know what Riven does. They've been in and out of every game that has come between UO and now including some free shards.

It's not very active but you can find most of them here www.sasguild.org

T

Trinsauce

Ya I've got the head of Barbe as well locked down on the floor of my keep...

I rather miss the old style of players... Noone talked [censored] back then near the content that goes on now... We fought, fought, fought and that was that... Everything was left out on the field of battle... Was never a tremendous amount of running away involved either...

I

imported_Bc_of_SAS

Holy geez the rumours are true, Bri is alive! Good to see you
One of my first and best friends I ever made in UO. Scott stops by IRC sometimes if you want to get a hold of him Garen just idle in there, Thomas would love it

Good to see some old names kicking around on the board still, makes me feel good having those memories come back. I've been playing around with the idea of come back #232343223432, but if those new graphics go in I don't think I could enjoy the game anymore. The look of UO is half the fun, the memories, the atari graphics.

You are all more than welcome to stop by SAS IRC any time, irc.gamesurge.net #sas. We idle a lot, not really a game guild anymore, just an old group of friends who like to bull$*#@. We might kick start the guild though for Warhammer or Age of Conan, any old or new Sonoma players would be more than welcome to join us of course.

Bri you should definately stop by IRC, I am sure there are more than a few people who would love to say Hi. Also I was sifting through the uo.com guild listings and I saw taht OCT was still kicking, or back whatever, good to see one of our greatest enemies of all time is still around
Had a lot of good fights against you guys and when you guys Voltroned up for AC, I was having an arguement with a friend about what guilds were in that uber alliance, fill me in.

As for the FoH question, those guys were FoH but FoH and SAS were like brothers, we backed each other up. I went on the FoH stone a few times when they needed bodies for a war, and they did the same for us. We were just two really close guilds that went waaayyy back.

Also I should add here is an old website made by my buddy Dyn/Drizzt Do'Urden about some people of Sonoma, its old and crappy but good for a memory or two

http://www.angelfire.com/fl/themacuo/

I

imported_Salty Pete

<blockquote><hr>

Salty Pete
Genjuro/Lothar of Paladine
Miri
Nadia of Sonoma
Kittykat
Voluptuous
Bob McDeath
Pluffina
Cliodna/Patty

[/ QUOTE ]

Trammies and beggars, the lot of 'em!

Devil and I were the best no one ever heard of us PKs Sonoma ever had.

I still remember having Shooter McGavin and Chubbs attacking real PvPers while we laughed our asses off. Good times.

I

imported_Mesdoram_Elmdor

Oh man wow... I look up my old UO name on google out of sheer curiosity and find threads I'm mentionned in long after I quit, and a video on youtube.

Interesting.

Anyhow, without getting into a fight here, I'll state a few things:

- First of all I've read a thread about Balla claiming he dueled the very bests back then, and beat them? Im sorry bro, I like you, you know that but, you weren't anything to be reckoned with back then. You tried hard but you just did not have it. I actually remember you talking tough and dueling me in front of my patio on a mage with very balanced stats, rendering MB entirely useless, when it was the backbone of mage dueling at the time. I killed you with combos of energy bolts and other less effective spells (before the spell resist changes, which made EB hit really hard consistantly even against gm resist).

The only ones I'd lose to in duels back then were these two guys, and they would basically lose only to me, or to each other. In terms of dueling, nobody could really hang with Booey, Bash and I, simply because we'd spend so many hours perfecting the art.

Field fighting/factions/pk whatever was another story entirely. Although I do believe I was amongst the best in that category also, the fact that everything went and there were no restrictions meant a lot of people could rise to the occasion. And teamwork came into play. There were honestly too many good field fighters, Im not about to start a list.

- Secondly, Flood. I did not even see you PvP ever pre-AoS, post-AoS sure you were pretty good, you also had the best gear, so whatever. I rolled as a nox mage hybrid then because quite frankly, I did not have the gold nor the time to get the best artifacts and LMC items and whatnot. I still dropped you a few times, and yes you dropped me a few times also, I'll admit it willingly. At the time I moved to Siege Perilous, which severely limited the itemization due to only being able to use a PBD and a CBD. So the better geared people would run with an arti and a magi hat, or an arti and a 1/3 ring. Whatever, though.

- Thirdly, /E/ and moving to chessy/napa (actually it was Baja) whatever.

First, Im going to make a few things clear.

/E/ was founded by:
- Ba Ba Booey
- Jaric/Ciraj (Edit, was actually Arize, if memory serves)
- Phirehawk
- Zatar
- Myself

*Edit, come to think of it I keep thinking of Arize as one of the founders now, but there were only 5 founders... I think Ciraj was one of the few guys we let in but he was not actually a founder*

4/5 of us had NEVER planned to have any sort of recruiting, we wanted it kept small, in the way we liked to PvP in small numbers (as opposed to other guilds such as PkP and those guys in black &amp; purple whos guild name I dont remember at all - they all had the most stupid last name Ittilyriruir or something like that, who all liked to zerg).

/E/ essentially broke after Zatar started recruiting people like Chad II, Kyndrith, Wario, etc. No offense to those guys at all, but they weren't part of the original plan. Most of the founders moved to Chessy with M, and I believe Zatar took not-really-/E/ Baja, don't recall which.

I will state for the record that Zatar never went to Chessy, and that I never went to Baja. I saw many contradictory posts in another thread, but this is the simple truth. If you saw a Mesdoram Elmdor on Baja, then it was ChazII that rolled one out of pure worship (true story). And don't ever compare me with Chaz, I liked the guy and taught him a lot of tricks, but he wasn't me, and i'm insulted if you think it was.

And that's the end of that.

This thread brought back a lot of memories, so thank you everyone.

I miss UO, but not this UO, the one too many years back.

Take care.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well holy hell, Hey Mes!

You should post on here just for [censored] n gigles.

Good to see your still somewhat around, hope all is well with you.

I

imported_Mesdoram_Elmdor

Hey man... yea all's good with me. What about you?

I wasn't aware UO still existed, and what's this [censored] I saw about UO:KR?

How's the game now?

Nothing holds my interest anymore as far as gaming goes. I guess that is the curse of having played the best MMO ever for so long.

Lord Hunter

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im doing good, im runing my own business now. Pretty hectic.

I couldnt really tell ya about KR, I have not logged into UO for months now. Im not even sure if my accounts still active. Last I logged in it was pretty bad, atleast for me, Bards still cant compete very well in PvP.

But I still lurk these boards for some reason. It always brightens my day to read the PvP arguments that everyone seems to have now adays.

The good old days are long gone and will never return.

I hear ya on the gaming part, the only games that seem to catch a little bit of my interest seem to be on a 360, and those dont even hold me very long.

P

PrinceLysander

Mes, I kicked your ass a more than once. You kicked my ass more than once. Guess its not as cool to mention duels against dexers ;)

To everyone reading this string- I am back, and I've brought a few oldschool friends.

Please contact me via PM if you'd like to roll with us a little bit, we are reviving an old Elite crew. Hell, even just to say hi.

-Lysander

S

sean_lo

Flood,

I'm pretty sure dark purist and me left a castle to decay back on ice island. ;)

Quenchant

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, some posts were moved. Just some house cleaning to put the thread back on topic.

Q

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Leurned Hand (sp?) first and only pvp thief i have ever met that made over a mill just from stealing, and that was being modest, i was there and looted some of his stuff when his house dropped, there was soooooo much resources there and items it was just freaky (was also the Mod for the assassin forum for years, made up sonomians proud) he also had a stealth red, Mia 'something' that was the queen of res kills.

DeathRage of NUB hell of a fun guy and a really good cartoonist.

the older people from AOE, well and the newer ones as well before the guild got disbanded.

the original YAD was a bloody hoot.
took the idea of the NUB guild and made it work with factions.
idea being take as many trammies and bodies as possible and chuck them at the enemy and hope that we can drown them with our dead bodies, hahahha.

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
reading this thread makes me think of one thing.

BRING BACK BOUNTY HUNTING!!!!!

seeing all those old names back from the turn in the head days, man i miss that.