• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remembering Those of Sonoma...

Boontendo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK Maybe not PK or anti-PK names, but names to remember from pre-Trammel:

Janos Antero
Loryn
Minotaur
Kender (A humble Yewish Smith)

How about Dor gives us a list of the old names on the current YMCA Banned list? Hehe. Actually I could do that too I think (if Satellite lag wouldn't kill me in Fel).

My ex-roommate acquired a bunch of accounts of people leaving, so if I wanted to I could see a few names pop up and surprise people. (Like Machiavelli, Minotaur, Janos Antero, and others I would remember if I spent the $$ to open the accounts)

Pursuivant, aka
Argond Earandir, Arghun, Ugluk, Yerrom, Robin Hood, Sadie Lace, Sorcha, Aeron, Maid Marion and others (Why is it my crafters are female and my others are not?)
I have two Whispering Roses from Janos Antero on ATL if you're interested.....

Phobos

Visitor
Wow, talk about a blast from the past. Appreciate the honorable mention. Some SAS & PKP decided to play together recently on UO Forever. Out of this came updating the history of Sonoma screenshots, since we are talking to each other vice ebolting. Feel free to add to the common history of our adventures!

clanet.io/wiki/Sonoma

PhireHawk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
We have a fairly large contingent of former Sonoma players on UO Forever. I still check icq if you're interested.

xaarman

Visitor
I got linked to this thread from another board... wow so many names.

Anyways, It's Gohan... I made that name when I was 13... I'm almost 27 now. I'm with everyone else that this thread really brings back memories, and it's amazing to see the old names. I'll check back periodically, but no guarantees. Have a good one!
Guess it's time for my once a decade check in. Hope all is well. Crazy to see the names dropped. Also played as Ghost Ithyliri for a while. Thanks for the shout outs everyone!

Ning

Journeyman
Ghost, thank you so much for the thread necro on this. This was so much fun to read. I remember so so many of these guys and guilds from my time in factions pre-AOS. I fought with and against so many of them and those days were the best times of my gaming life.

Ningauble (of HOG) on the tram side.
Navajo, GM of P:M (We OOooOO So You Don't Have To) of True Britanians

Hey all - love seeing this. @ Chaz II, I sent you a direct message. You might not be able to receive it. It's been many years. mrdeanm is my google mail

I truly enjoyed our days playing together, particularly our practice dueling. I had a lot of fun thanks to our hours of work.

Coca-Cola

Visitor
Stumbled upon this way too late!. Got nostalgic for UO. Can't believe so many of you were here. I remember a lot of you. I was Coca-Cola the mage that never got fast cast gear lol (Flood let me borrow some of his gear from time to time to test it out) never got lucky in Doom unfortunately. I still want a damn pair of hat of the magi and inquisitor's resolution. Never tried private servers, are those active at all in 2021? What are you all playing now a days? after taking a break from UO I ended up playing anything that was popular. Everquest,DAOC,Rift,WoW,FF14. Nothing quite like UO unfortunately. Speaking of remembering players the most I remember Tinky Winky because he was like the only archer that actually killed people instantly. He was the most geared and the one to start the trend for archers to make a come back imo. He did have a lot of Doom gear from what I remember though.

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
(Flood let me borrow some of his gear from time to time to test it out) never got lucky in Doom unfortunately. I still want a damn pair of hat of the magi and inquisitor's resolution.
Flood worked Doom hard. I remember the day he got the Midnight Bracers, on top of his Inquisitor's, Hat, Ornament, and didn't he have an Arcane Shield also? So FC4 with all that SDI? Someone said, "Flood will be unstoppable now."

Brunoo

Visitor
I started playing on UO forever on and off since I couldn't recover my old account. I recognize so many names.

After Aos came out I just solely pvped and played on Bruno and basically lived at brit moongate with Flood, Wasp, Mandrake, Jenny coco, ETC when COP was around.
I was the first person to use a bone harvester in pvp on Sonoma. Pretty cool to see this thread pop up in my Google search. Some good nostalgia came back reading it.

Golbez

Visitor
I'll always remember Sonoma and all of you. It was the best and first time in an MMO!

Golbez is headed to the New World next week. I'll be playing with Fires of Redemption if you'd like to link up, we're on Guilded.

I was also Evin the Banker and Mister Rogers (thief and thief archer). Stealing those master keys to the SDK city from Angie was really one of those conundrums for me back then. Getting those ICQ messages out of the blue kinda freaked me out TBH :)

Melchior1

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sonoma has some good memories and bad ones. I reside on Atlantic now. Sonoma basically died like all the other shards. I'm sure there's a few more people holding it down tho.

Guess it's time for my once a decade check in. Hope all is well. Crazy to see the names dropped. Also played as Ghost Ithyliri for a while. Thanks for the shout outs everyone!
Eric I haven’t talked to you since I saw you at a bar in Fort Worth a few years ago lol. Hope things are going well, I noticed you left Facebook. I still keep up with Kimo,
Trinity (Rod) and decrepit goat (Mike).

Well holy crap. What a trip down memory lane. I haven't played UO for probably 15 or more years. All the names, all the memories. Jesus.

I can say that this game and all you guys, you made the internet for me. I'm about to hit my 50's and I can't believe time has flown this much.

@Garen , Ged, Damien Vryce, Dor, Phire, so so many.

It's always good seeing people find this thread.
Yes sir, I got to thinking about old times and UO and started google searching old names and places. I still play a lot of PC games but hardly anything online, almost all single player and only because every time I try a MMO, I compare it to my time in UO and the experience always comes up short. It' sad.

Queen Mum

Crazed Zealot
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
*cookie wave* ... nice to see you stop by and say hi. We do wonder what happens to our Sonoma friends .....
cookie1.gif

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
Well holy crap. What a trip down memory lane. I haven't played UO for probably 15 or more years. All the names, all the memories. Jesus.

I can say that this game and all you guys, you made the internet for me. I'm about to hit my 50's and I can't believe time has flown this much.

@Garen , Ged, Damien Vryce, Dor, Phire, so so many.
71 years old and still playing UO.
3-7-22230006.jpg

Rand

Visitor
Fel' nostalgic 'n all, an' stumbled 'ere. Couldn' si' around an' no try my hand a' typin' this ou' once again.

In all honesty... It hurts my brain... How did you people let me do this for so long?

It had to be many instances of kindness and hushed whispers of "No one knows what he's saying, but he's happy, just leave him be and bring an extra juice box"

wendypenrod

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I no longer play Sonoma. I use to be Shadow Moon, Ebony Lockhaven and not really sure who else. But the ones I remember are Vladimir Taltos, Pluffina, Queen Mum, Gypsy Keja Mimi, Ravenloff, MBeast. I was a stratics reporter for a short time, and I was in the PAS guild when King David ran it.