• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Remembering Those of Sonoma...

Naja Haje

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hah what a nostalgic hoot this thread has been. Some great old names from way back. Nice to see my old OCH brothers get some love, we had a lot of fun for many years with this game. Find myself missing my old "house" at the graveyard in Moonglow every once in a blue moon. Edge, it's great to see you're still kicking buddy.

DD_Sonoma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi everyone,

Don't know if anybody remembers me but I was around a lot during '98 to 2000, somewhere around there. I used to have 2 characters called DD, 1 being a fencer with neon green hair and another being a tamer/mage but rarely had any dragons or anything out lol.

I don't even remember that much myself but I used to hang around a lot around moonglow and brit graveyard with people like Dio and name. Ran around pvping a ton and used to be around buc's den a lot (I remember people like KMSemperfi was around those area a lot as well during that time) before the faction days. Won a couple fight nights before and was commander of CoM for a while during the early days of factions. I never really connected with the community or posted on forums so that may be a reason as to why a lot of people don't really know me. I'm sure some of you will remember me though as all I really did was run around and pvp.

I remember a lotta the names mentioned in this thread. I used to think I was a pretty good mage but not sure if you guys would agree lol. I was really into dueling and dueled a lot with some people but already forgot the names (sorry =.=). So I'm sure the people here that says they were really good or the best at dueling might not think I was really good since I never really connected with them but you can think what you want, I'm not really here to say whether I was good or not. All I remember was dueling with a couple mage a lot in the farms whenever I was bored.

Anyways, I stopped using that name for other games and I usually use the name Roz for other games like CS, WoW and Starcraft 2 just in case any of you know me from there as well since I played pretty competitively in most of them. My skype name is: freddy.chi , so add me if you know who I am and wanna catch up!

DD / Roz

Last edited:

DREAD of Sonoma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I am amazed that I (DREAD) and my best friend DaGon are not mentioned at all (Pre-AOS). We used to kick the **** out of everyone and had a lot of friends and enemies. The true Player Killer Palace will always remember me and so will the guild that evolved after it (The Empire). C_D (Clan of Darkness) Will never forget me.

I miss my old friends that I use to run with:

phix (lumberjacker one of the best) Minax
Yox II (lumberjacker one of the best) Minax
FuKaDa (fencer one of the best) True Britannians
Scream/Zatar (fencer one of the best) Shadowlords
KoRn (mage one of the best) True Britannians
Tek Tek (fencer one of the best)
Talisman (fencer one of the best)
Sakan (mage) Black Plauge
WASP (mage one of the best) Circle of Power. I know you miss your old friend Selk Painbringer

There are so many more that I am missing. If any of you are out there please contact me, my friends and my foes. I would love to hear how you guys are doing.

E-Mail: [email protected]

Last edited:

icm420

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just out of curiosity here.. out of all these old names of which I recall a few who still plays? If they don't where did they all go? The reason I ask is that I was a noob when most of these guys quit and I recall a lot of them teaching me how to pvp and honestly being all around decent people with me. Of course there was always guys like Kyrite who just killed you lol'd and ran off, but others like ziggy, kms, sadistica, etc would take time to show me how to play and understood that noobs were the future of the game. I remember some asshat screaming at me in a vent one day for not cross healing and he was booted from the guild and banned from vent because I was a new pvper and didn't know any better. The guild stood up for me even tho I was the new guy! It was literally my 1st big fight ever, and that said a lot to me. It said that they wanted to keep the pvp going and wanted to keep the game going. Of course to me anyone who flips like that is a completely worthless person. I believe this was around 2006.. I just started pvping around then

My feeling was that WoW took a large chunk of the remaining population of UO pvpers. But perhaps they just served hopped again and are still playing? Of them I am pretty sure Six Under still plays but other then that I don't know. (and yes this is an ancient thread )

Chaz_II

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Woodstock
Ba Ba Booey (one of the first people to ever PK me)
KMSEMPERFI (who would ever forget COP?)
Mesdoram Elmdor (taught me so much, literally my #1 idol and could hardly ever beat him in duels)
Percival (played DAoC with him for a bit- where'd he go Mes?)
Flood (classic flood ;))
Du Hast (awesome personality, very very talented player)
godami (sorry I robbed your house man- still think about that sometimes)
Osprey / Visage (brothers) (had a blast playing with this guy, we scammed so many people with the backpack / max item trick)
Farquhar (one of the first players to have a full phoenix set of armor sitting my Brit Bank showing off his suit)
KoRn (learned a lot from him, very happy to be part of TB faction when he was in it)
Abraham Lucavi (loved playing with the guy)
Method Man (great PK)
Zaruba / JohnLeguizamo / Har Har (tinker PK) (who could forget Todd- such a great character)
Fallen Paladin / Chenster (when he quit he gifted me one of his accounts after deleting Fallen Paladin)
Gohan (sitting in Bucs Den dude, remember those days?)
The Low Man (introduced me to Baja and Damascus)
Kimo (one of my good friends / then he stabbed me in the heart- it was coming to me because it happened after the godami incident years later)
Wario (love you man, miss you)
WONDERCHICKEN (what ever happened to dean?)
TooL / Dial (we made matching faction chars)
BrAiNlEsS (my first house behind Brit GY we had a small wooden house and we would run around that little 8x8 dueling each other with two chests in the middle- he was an archer)
Selenda Swiftedge (ages sister, had a huge crush on her haha)
Wisecat (she was like a mom to me in game)
Magus Void
TONY MONTANA / Lucifer - (still friends to this day, played some WoW together)
Sub Zero (remember the time I robbed YMCA during opening and stratics made a post about me gate hoping and stealing items ruining the event)
Lysander (one of the best sword/mages ever during his time - often hung out near SAS keep near Oasis NE of Brit)
PhireHawk (one of the first people to take me in and give me some lessons in PVP)
Sparhawk (always looked up to this guy)
Jerry Springer (this dude speed hacked swear to god)

First of all I want to say thank you all for the memories and the wonderful time together on that server. I seriously grew up with that game- my uncle bought it for me when I was 12 years old and it was the best and only game I had ever played on the computer for a very long time. Honestly I was a compulsive liar during that time and lied completely about my age- thinking that if any of you knew how old I was that I would be rejected because I was bullied and not very well liked in school. I turned to the internet and my persona in UO, seeking approval from as many good players as I could and trying to make alliances so that I could survive as a solo player… met a lot of good people, made some great friends, learned a lot of life lessons and will never forget the OLD OLD UO. There are a lot of familiar faces from this thread and I had to make an account just to say hello. Fighting behind Britain GY were some of my first introductions into PVP- being a thief (stealing books from a shop and selling them back to the vendors thinking that was a good way to make money) I picked up Magery and gave pvp a shot. Started stealing and then it just turned into a blast from there- thief mage was the combo I started with. Mesdoram is right, I worshipped that man- I was merely a kid and a fanboy before fanboys were even a thing. The first person I ever screwed over was godami, he let me use his house near brit GY to macro off some innocent kills and then I looted his items, put them on a boat and parked it next to Blackthorns castle. After a few hours all the items were gone (either looted/ probably looted) or decayed… I was crushed and couldn't own up to godami that I took the items from his house. HE never let me live that down, and then we became enemies. I had to learn how to fend for myself on the server, started PVPing a ton and really got into it. I played UO for hours upon hours, stayed up late so many nights and slept most of 7th-10th grade away during school.

Kimo was a good friend of mine and had access to both of my accounts and one day went wild and decided to loot all of my ethies / regs/ 2story in deceit island and then wouldn't man up to it for a long time. After that The Low Man introduced me to Damascus who was a great PVPer on Baja and I made the switch over there (this was around 2001-2002) I stilled popped in and out of Sonoma, made a made name Oscar and ran with Damascus exclusively for a very long time. We are still friends today- there was this player on that server with hacked stats named Repressed Soul, he was also a great player and after a while I made a second character and named him Mesdoram Elmdor in honor of Mes from Sonoma, not thinking anyone would notice or cross-server references would happen. (the internet was still young at the time… we all know this). I really took some of you guys to heart when playing that game, for example: Zaruba made an alt named John Leguizamo as his smith and I based my PSN name off of his smith- so JohnLeguizamo is where you'll find me there ;)

I did get really good at PVP eventually and grew into my skin, thanks to a lot of you guys who helped teach me and mold me. I definitely learned a lot about the world from UO and things that have helped me even to this day. **** hit the fan and both of my parents died unexpectedly and that was the end of my UO run until college in 04- which I came back to Baja for a while…. messed around with artifacts for a bit got pretty decked out and then UO lost its magic for me. Honestly what made the game so great was the community and we had one badass community on sonoma. I had a lot of fun playing with you guys, and will never forget those times- some of the best times I have ever had in a MMO. My original character on Sonoma was named 'Chaz' and I killed a few wandering healers and PKd a few innocent people trying to get the title 'dread' in my name so I could go farm Lich Lords in Deceit and get the Lord title. I was running around the maze leveling up magery casting Incognito and my name was different when I died to a deamon (it was my first discovery of the maze) - logged out immediately (never died as a red player before) was afraid of stat loss and then the next day accidentally deleted my main because the name wasn't saved as Chaz. Literally one of the saddest moments of my life, I cried at my PC- all my hard work all the skills I had - everything boom done. erased. Just bought a house too and had a black dye tub- that's where Chaz II came from.
I ended up becoming pretty good thanks to a lot of you putting up with me, and fighting me over and over. Even when I lost - I would always put up another fight. Here are a few links referencing me:
http://uo.stratics.com/news/arc8-2001.shtml
took second place at fight night in 01,
Here is a link to me raising some hell in 98 at YMCA: (this is when I was 12 years old) griefing so hard, I'm sorry guys. Haha.
http://uo.stratics.com/shard/Sonoma/historical_establishments/sn_ymca_1998/sn_ymca_1998.shtml

Macro that I spammed frequently:
You don't need pants for the victory dance!
Because I am better than you.
I am now king of my mind.
I AM
CHAZ II

Thanks to Zortness / Vortex I nabbed that one and made my own variation of it. Miss these days, the game will never be the same and also UO set such a high standard for online gaming that I enjoyed WoW for a few years until after TBC. Ran a large guild horde side on laughin skull, horde side. Latency was my handle. I play DOTA 2 now and some FPS / ps4 but that's about it for gaming for me. Was thinking about coming back to UO just for nostalgia sake- pretty sure I have my accounts active- hope life has treated you guys well sans UO. Pub 16 was a huge change in the community and the game, that's when it started to go downhill in my opinion.

Last edited:

OldBalla

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Chaz I was just speaking of you the other day in another realm, hope all is well with you. I wont even bother much with a list for most of the names I would mention already have been.

Ghost Knight

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Famine, Flood, and Wasp were the only three that would truly get my pulse going when they came on screen. I always pked solo and I could usually count on getting a fair 1v1 fight from them.

Kall-Su

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hey hey hey...anyone remember me at all? Kall-Su of WAR!

No, probably not. Just logged in for the first time in YEARS. Honestly surprised the game is still going. Does PvP still happen? Ran around Fel for a while and found nothing, not that I'd have remembered how to defend myself anyway. :D

Played from I think 98 until...2003 or 4? I'm unsure, took breaks and always seemed to come back.

Last edited:

LordLodoss

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
LODOSS here...

Hit me up if you got a free server for me to join and PvP..

I think about the great times I had with the game all the time. All the friendship and experience that I got from it mold me into the person I am today. UO at one point was and still is the best mmorpg.

Shout outs for friends that stuck with me till the end.

Falcor
Chad
Jerry Springer (always a pain in my butt.)
Ba ba booey
Mememe
Hellbane (Turned on me at the end, but will always be my bro)

.. many others that I don't remember the name. You know who you are...

Necro brothers. I will always remember the first time we met in covetous when I saw you guys killing harpies. You guys were so willingly and blindly join my guild. What a friendship we turned it into.. We lost touch with eath other later on but nevertheless you guys were some of my best friends. Hope our paths will cross again someday.

In my PvP days there are only a few people besides the ones I listed in my squad are note worthy as a pvper...

Mastermind - master PvPer that joined my guild near the end.

Ziggy (ran out of reagents in our duel multiple times.. no one ever won)

Don't remember anyone else beating me in a true 1 vs 1.. including most of BD and M.

Last edited:

Elmdor_Sonoma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Come back! Join us! You'll love it!
You know, I sort of wanted to get back into it a couple years ago, but I stopped playing before the garbage account merge, I don't remember my password, and I sure as hell don't remember which garbage hotmail its associated with. All in all, im SOL. And Customer Service was useless too.

Oh well, I remember the game fondly for what it was, not what it later became.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
You know, I sort of wanted to get back into it a couple years ago, but I stopped playing before the garbage account merge, I don't remember my password, and I sure as hell don't remember which garbage hotmail its associated with. All in all, im SOL. And Customer Service was useless too.

Oh well, I remember the game fondly for what it was, not what it later became.
It took them three days of emailing back and forth, account names, pass words, char name, emails we used, last four of the CC, telephone #, home address etc.. But finally they fixed it so we could come back, so don't give up. I even found old snaps we had from the game to send in as well.

Elmdor_Sonoma

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
It took them three days of emailing back and forth, account names, pass words, char name, emails we used, last four of the CC, telephone #, home address etc.. But finally they fixed it so we could come back, so don't give up. I even found old snaps we had from the game to send in as well.
Well. I sent a request to customer service again. Included all the details I was 100% sure of. But some things I just cant provide. cc last digits changed because I changed banking company a long time ago. email I cant provide because I just don't remember which garbage hotmail account I used back then. I have since centralized all my **** into a single email address that I can safely send professional emails from (aka its not called [email protected]). I just did provide a lot of information regardless so hopefully they can help me out. If I get it back, it would be hilarious to log back on after like 1o years, I bet it would kind of like playing a new game altogether. I tried reading some stuff about UO and I just about understood nada.

Jester

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have been back since November and I still haven't figured out all the Armor and weapons stuff. I liked it better when you could just grab a sword and go kill something. now I guess its all about matching up certain numbers or some kinda bs. Seems being gm at your skill just isn't enough anymore. you have to have damge increase, spell damage increase, and a bunch of other junk. So I just run around and buy stuff and kill what I can and if not run, lol.

Usha Starchild

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Usha Starchild here, ran mostly solo at first while ran with DOM later, but we were friends with PKP, OGD. I had a cable modem when UO launched as did Calisto DOM so was pretty unfair PVP for us the first year or two. Just stole peoples reagents and then toyed with them. Used to love trapping peoples ghosts with ore or boxes, and furniture also.

Remember the days when you 7x GM would be ruined by walking by a fire and gaining camping skill? Human Jerky was fun also.

Fought tons of people on this thread, remember lots od these name, good days. I still think UO was the most fun of all time. I remember torturing TREE at the crossroads with Phirehawk.

Fought Balinor, jerry springer (early on), wallmart, Wario, a billion times, later on Ziggy was a pain in my ass more often than not., SAS was always hunting us or vise versa so were the Fukcheads (zerg) later on. Being RED from day one made the game fun though, having our own island was cool too. Quite playing soon as they split the shards though, that ruined the game for PK's like me, noting to hunt. Actually sold Uo-2.com to EA around that time then got a job there as well. Had all the design docs for U02, but internal meetings canceled UO2 at the time because they didn't want to cannibalize their user base from UO1. that and Todd McFarlane art was a little out there. (my opinion)

SugarMMM

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I love that this thread is still going and I love to pop in here and re-read it! There are soo many names I recognize in here and tons of memories with those names.

I have always had 8 or more accounts so I don't expect anyone to know any of my characters because I flew under the radar pretty much doing my own thing. The places that I hung out the most were Serpents Hold Bank, Vesper Cemetery Road and all around Moonglow.

Naja Haje mentioned above the OCH and I remembered how I used to torment their members with my thief in Moonglow! One of their members was super rude to me back in the day so I made it my mission to mess with them for a while....hehe

PhireHawk

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Been 8 years since I last posted in this thread, and it's still going. Unreal.

Been playing WoW for about the last 7 years or so, and tried pretty much every other game that has come along. Still haven't found anything like 1998-2001 Sonoma. Best game, best people...

Miss y'all.

~Phire
www.rplguild.com

Mandrake

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I played Mandrake (the original one) back in 1998-2001. All I did was PvP / PkP for the most part. Was a part of CrS guild before I got into the PvP.

I just came back and play on Atlantic now from time to time.

Nothing was like Sonoma back in the old days. I just ran around some areas and most of Sonoma seems dead. Its to bad.

Not sure if I played with anyone from Sonoma back then. If you played with Mandrake, Nadine, TripFlashback, Patrick, Malik, Katarn.

ICQ# 658266752

Jagerstadt

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man, this thread brings back some memories. Once upon a time, I ran as Sean/Bombsquad/Machine Gun Mimi with EFL, then E^E, and then Waka for a short time at the very end. Hooman/Harry Manback and Sapphire were my guildmates for years.

I remember going up against Wasp, KMS from COP, Ron Fellows and Philos from Waka, Trinity from KQ. Other names come to mind, like Dor, Hunter, Poo, and Thraximus. There were countless others. I've yet to find a game that compares to early 2000's UO.

Morph

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Man, this thread brings back some memories. Once upon a time, I ran as Sean/Bombsquad/Machine Gun Mimi with EFL, then E^E, and then Waka for a short time at the very end. Hooman/Harry Manback and Sapphire were my guildmates for years.

I remember going up against Wasp, KMS from COP, Ron Fellows and Philos from Waka, Trinity from KQ. Other names come to mind, like Dor, Hunter, Poo, and Thraximus. There were countless others. I've yet to find a game that compares to early 2000's UO.
Hiya Sean, you do know that we are back playing again. We were lucky to get the E^E tag back and got the guild back up and running.

Sadistica

Visitor
Just out of curiosity here.. out of all these old names of which I recall a few who still plays? If they don't where did they all go? The reason I ask is that I was a noob when most of these guys quit and I recall a lot of them teaching me how to pvp and honestly being all around decent people with me. Of course there was always guys like Kyrite who just killed you lol'd and ran off, but others like ziggy, kms, sadistica, etc would take time to show me how to play and understood that noobs were the future of the game. I remember some asshat screaming at me in a vent one day for not cross healing and he was booted from the guild and banned from vent because I was a new pvper and didn't know any better. The guild stood up for me even tho I was the new guy! It was literally my 1st big fight ever, and that said a lot to me. It said that they wanted to keep the pvp going and wanted to keep the game going. Of course to me anyone who flips like that is a completely worthless person. I believe this was around 2006.. I just started pvping around then

My feeling was that WoW took a large chunk of the remaining population of UO pvpers. But perhaps they just served hopped again and are still playing? Of them I am pretty sure Six Under still plays but other then that I don't know. (and yes this is an ancient thread )
Gasp. Who is this? Totally having a nostalgic night - and lo and behold - I stumble across this old thread! I can't believe it's still around *tugs at heart strings* I believe Six still plays, I can ask, we're still fb buds.

Any other vets still around from Sonoma and what are you guys up to these days? :eek:

Ged

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Ged here, some of you may remember me, some may not. Myself, Keys and my couzin Dark Knight started a pvp guild called DLS oOo. We ran amuck until disbanded by OSI. I had some good friends in PAS....KD and Armand. I just started playing again.

kingtoad

Visitor
I found this thread after googling Ultima Online and my username. I remember a lot of players in this thread. Some of my greatest times were PVPing and PKing at the YMCA with Ryin and NBK. I recall we all attempted to make archer mages that mimic'd the A team. Mine was "Hannibal" who eventually died pretty deep into statloss. I ran into Thraximus Zog a few times as well as Wasp on some free servers a while ago but have stopped playing UO in probably a good four or five years. I don't think I can fathom playing this game anymore, haha. It is the one game that has brought the most enjoyable gaming memories, however.

Jester

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Had no idea Dor left. She is the one who welcomed me into UO, along with countless others.

Joram

Visitor
Heh its been a long time since I lurked here. I can't remember my old Stratics user/password so had to make a new one. Good memories of UO, but I've been gone a long time now. I think the last time I logged in was around 2002... Nice to see some familiar names here tho :)

Mandrake

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I miss sonoma. I played sonoma until 2002 or 2003, as Mandrake mainly. Now i just came back and playing atlantic, since everyone is there

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I miss sonoma. I played sonoma until 2002 or 2003, as Mandrake mainly. Now i just came back and playing atlantic, since everyone is there
ya there is a lot of traffic on Atlantic, but I love my Sonoma. Still you can always do like a few folks do that are from there, they live and craft there but come play with us on Sonoma.

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Heh its been a long time since I lurked here. I can't remember my old Stratics user/password so had to make a new one. Good memories of UO, but I've been gone a long time now. I think the last time I logged in was around 2002... Nice to see some familiar names here tho :)
I recall a Joram Soulrift (I think that was the name) who maybe used to go with us (Ordo Sylvanus) sometimes on hunts? I think he was a reporter too :) I keep thinking of the names Haplo and Onyx too...I could be wrong though. Twas a long time ago :confused:

Mandrake

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Is sonoma decently active? I still have a couple characters on that server I like to play, but was going to move them. Hit me up if its somewhat active. My UO life started with sonoma. I still walk by the old guild area of CrS, remembering the day when it was a dream to place a small house lol

Joram

Visitor
I recall a Joram Soulrift (I think that was the name) who maybe used to go with us (Ordo Sylvanus) sometimes on hunts? I think he was a reporter too :) I keep thinking of the names Haplo and Onyx too...I could be wrong though. Twas a long time ago :confused:
Yes, that would be me. Onyx Fernstrum (my crafter) and Haplo was my dexer. Joram Soulrift was the reporter (tamer/bard). I remember good times with Ordo Sylvanus - I moved to Sonoma from LS along with Elric the Blade and some others from the Knights Hospitaller. Seems like an age ago now!

Are Ordo still active? I have been toying with a return, but I have about a decade of changes to catch up on. I doubt very much my old account still exists :(

Miri of Sonoma

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, that would be me. Onyx Fernstrum (my crafter) and Haplo was my dexer. Joram Soulrift was the reporter (tamer/bard). I remember good times with Ordo Sylvanus - I moved to Sonoma from LS along with Elric the Blade and some others from the Knights Hospitaller. Seems like an age ago now!

Are Ordo still active? I have been toying with a return, but I have about a decade of changes to catch up on. I doubt very much my old account still exists :(

Hail Joram! :) Sadly Ordo Sylvanus is not what you would call active. Tess Soaringeagle (aka Nishdow, Atlas) and I are holding down the fort. All the others from the old days have moved on :(. We are in an alliance with another guild though. I remember Elric too I think.

Your account is probably still around although I have heard it can be hard to get it reactivated of you don't remember the information. Coming back after such a long time would be interesting to say the least but people have done it and actually enjoy themselves. Many though are not happy with how things have changed and leave again. Sonoma is much smaller than it was in your day so that might be a negative for you. I would certainly be happy to help you out in anyway I can if you do decide to have a look. Maybe make a trial account and check things out first?

Whatever you decide, it is nice to hear from you at least :D
Strength and Honor,
Miri

P.S. Haplo drawn by CBob

Ordo Sylvanus Haplo.jpg

Wow, the memories...I was Lion of Judah, pure healer (all 3 GM - Bandages/Alch/Mage) and the first GM healer I think (I was 99 when it was still broken, and got GM a few hours after bandages were made strong.) I didn't pvp with Lion much, but had an Order guard named Moses ben Israel who I remember fighting some of these reds with though, always solo (thx for the vanqs :p). Lion was mainly a soloist wandering healer who had the first, maybe only?, all healers guild (initials were JAH) for a while, though I changed the name constantly. I played with an ex, named Lioness, and some really good friends I wanted to shout out, mainly Exar Khun, still a rl friend, who I saw take 4 E-bolts in the Deceit Lich Lord room from pks and resist them all, and Green Slime, who I fought back to back with through Covetous lvl 2 after the flood patch, and before it was fixed, that made sure no one was coming out of there alive, even though we did it. Also a big ups to Thraximus, who asked me to minister his in game wedding (though back then I only checked mail once a month and I missed it) and who recruited my healers guild for a war that was maybe the biggest online fight I've still ever seen, on par with SS/TM in wow vanilla days. UO is still the best MMO of all time imho, and the most fun I've ever had gaming. It's good to see people still stoked on it, I know it's a time in my life I'll never forget. I hope life brings each of you as much joy as playing on Sonoma did for me.

After posting and thinking about it, I think my guild, while active, was BoH, Brotherhood of Healers, and maybe later used Hlr too. Also, I think I originally remember meeting Thaximus Zog before even ZOG, weren't you somehow part of Holy Roman Empire HRE or order or something like that? Man, it's been just about 20 years...it's crazy how time flies.

Drakelord

Grand Poobah
Governor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Awards
I have some UO friends that are AWOL to WOW, they sent me an account to play on there. Been there a few days and I really like it but hate it as well. I like the over head look in UO, I like that I can turn off the music in UO. I like that I can recall, gate, or moongate to locations, dungeons, cities in UO. I like that I can have a house in UO on Sonoma and Siege. I like that in UO I can ride a horse right away and not worry about level up. I like UOAM in UO as I can see where everything is at a glance.

As you can see I like UO far better then WOW. But they need me to play for 4 months so they can get a special mount. I hate that I cannot get screen shots of the game there. My UO screen saver will not work there for some reason. I hate that the WOW game takes up a full screen and I have to exit the game to see ICQ or PMs etc.. Really dangerous at time as there is no instant log unless in an Inn or someplace safe. I hate the constant music, and I hate that I cannot set hot keys like in UO or UOA, maybe I will fine a way later. Now I do like the paper doll there, far better then the EC of UO. I like the art there, its just a bit better then CC of UO and a lot better then the EC of UO. I am not a fan of the EC of UO, never been so when I say the art is better there then UO, I am speaking in general overall. I'm not to keen on the Races, nor monsters, they look down right silly most of the time. Kind of reminds me of the D&D art, (not the early days). The Characters (two) are human that I am running with. Mage and a healer so far.

But UO is really the only game I really like and I missed it so much those years I was gone. At 65 now and I hate that there are so few folks around. The only times I see people is at EM events it seems. Or at PAS nightly events. Still I am able to play on other shards, I like the GIL on Siege, have a lot of fun with those folks. I do the UORadio events as well. Was on Chessy and Atlantic yesterday for those events. If they allowed more then one house I would set up on the other shards with smaller houses, I would hate to lose my Castle on Sonoma, but today we can only have one shard (except Siege).