• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Relic Human

• Thread starter MalusFerrarius
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
M

MalusFerrarius

I am a human with Legendary Imbue/Blacksmith what would be my best bet on obtaining relic fragments. Do monsters produce loot that will unravel into relics and how can you tell? Sorry for the slow speed played in the late 90's and have returned.

Mark Trail

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, some monster loot unravels to relics. But you still can craft relics.

- Use a bronze runic hammer or better.
- Use valorite ingots, the metal type gives a bonus but the spread of damage types is irrelevant. Verite ingots might have a chance, untested by me.
- Make Leafblade of Ease, Guardian Axe, or Knight's War Clever. 18 ingots each.
- Use a smith with arms lore to get the 5% damage increase bonus if you can.
- Unravel at the Queen's Soulforge.
- Use a gargoyle to do the unravelling.

The Queen's soulforge gives a big bonus, well worth the effort of killing 340 toxic sliths. Being a gargoyle also gives a bonus but you might have some success as a human, unverified. Typical results will be 20 Knight's War Cleavers unravel to 22 relics.

Imbuing lesser items up to relic level intensity does not work. The intensity of an imbued item is multiplied by 0.80 before the unravel step.

M

MalusFerrarius

Thanks Mark, I will give that a shot I do have 100 arms lore but I want to stick to human I don't really care for the gargoyle race no offense to gargoyles. I am using my home forge but if it is a big bonus then I will try out that queens forge thanks again.

PS, Now that I think about it human is jack of all trades wouldn't that be the same as the gargoyle bonus or close anyway?

--Malus

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No, the human jack of all trades is not the same as the gargoyle racial bonus. Let's say you were a human that did not have any real skill imbuing or your real skill was less than 20. Your jack of all trades bonus would kick in and you would have 20 imbuing. This would allow you to unravel low intensity items to get residue. The gargoyle bonus is only applied to gargoyles.

F

Fink

I am a human with Legendary Imbue/Blacksmith what would be my best bet on obtaining relic fragments. Do monsters produce loot that will unravel into relics and how can you tell? Sorry for the slow speed played in the late 90's and have returned.
There are some methods for humans to make relic fragments in the thread at the top of the forum. Named ML monsters seem to produce good loot, although I seem to have a lot of success from weird things like the lesser goblin champ spawn and so forth.

As for determining which loot unravels into what, the quickest way to tell is to use the Enhanced Client with the Item Properties mod. It puts all the information you'll need on your tooltip and you can customise the colour coding if you like. It'll even tell you what material to enhanced an item with if it doesn't immediately make a relic fragment. If you don't use EC + Item mod on your hunters, it's at least worthwhile on your Artificer.

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Farm Miasma and collect all of the gold and items. You'll get one or two relics an hour unravelling her loot with a garg artificer at the Queen's forge. And you'll make a boat load of gold and collect a few marties in the process.

-OBSIDIAN-