• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Relic Fragments

G

georgemarvin2001

After the last publish, I needed a bunch of frags to make some jewelry for friends, so I had to do some experimenting to figure out how to make them without having to go hunting or pay an arm and a leg from the Luna vendors. I have found that it's possible to get about 25-30 relic frags per copper runic hammer I burned. But it does take some thinking and simple arithmetic to figure it out. It's also not cheap; you'll end up spending about 35-40k per frag, depending on your luck and the streaky UO RNG. Since the Devs seem to nerf everything we figure out to make our own relic frags, I'm not going to post specifics. But you just need to look through the whole menu to figure out what you can make with blacksmithing, and remember about the 20% valorite bonus.

F

Fink

But to be honest, in my opinion it would be quicker to just hunt monsters and get an item, enhance with valorite and get the frags that way. It would be faster and more economical.

Q
Thanks for the figures, Q.

I'm going the loot route as, being a human artificer, this latest nerf has pushed me out of the manufacturing of relics for all practical purposes. Rather than being semi-screwed, as per the information at the time I purchased the expansion, humans are now closer to fully-screwed.

But I'm still not going the flapping dingbat route. As much as they made UO skill-based, then item-based, now pushing class/race-based, but I've always played it as character-based. It makes no sense for my human to suddenly sprout wings, period.

Satana

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ok so using Chrome's calculations, I had this item:

Exceptional Valorite Helmet
Total Magical Intensity 448%
multiply by 1.2 for the Valorite = 537%
race bonus none
add 30 Queen's Soulforge = 567%

Unravelling: 567% * .80 (item was imbued) = 453

This gave me essence. Assuming the item had 50 plus durability (I forgot to check, lol... athough I am pretty sure it did), why no relic frag?

B

Beastmaster

race bonus none

This gave me essence. Assuming the item had 50 plus durability (I forgot to check, lol... athough I am pretty sure it did), why no relic frag?
Show your calculations to reach 448 and next time check the durability. This post was pointless without both.

Satana

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter

race bonus none

Edit: adding the calcs to get to 448% intensity:

luck 100 =100%
lrc 18 = 90%
stam 7 = 96%
mana 7 = 96%
hpi 3 = 66%

total = 448%

Just tried another and still no frag (durability on second item was 94/94)

Satana

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
ok im lost now. so how did you get the 87.5? :D

ohhhh, n/m i understand now!! thanks :)

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
yes the new unraveling seems strange, sometimes i get relics from like the flesh ripper martie at queens forge and other times its essence. as for making relics, they should just come out and say that you shouldnt be able to form your own relics, other than runic made stuff. Relics should only come from looted, artie/martie, or runic crafted nonimbued.