• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Relic Fragments

D

dielock

I used to be able to get Relic Fragments from stolen weps. such as Light of the Void etc. Now they give me essence. This happened with the last patch.

What gives Relics now? And how can I tell if anything has enough weight or whatever it takes to get relics? I have looked for charts or formulas but I cannot find any information.

Please, does someone have information on this?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

And how can I tell if anything has enough weight or whatever it takes to get relics?

Enhanced Client + PGCD's Item Property Evaluator mod. Shows the weighted value of each item you get and is highly accurate in what you unravel the item (among other fun tidbits of info such as DPS on weapons, adjusted swing speed, best enhancement materials, and for BODs what the likely reward will be).

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
great mod I highly recommend it ! if they did away with EC now and gave us the choice of one to keep this would be it!

a couple things to note though
swing speed does not take into account armor items that give ssi(unless there has been a update i missed)
also with the changes to imbuing the What to enhance with may be off(also unless I missed a update)

Anyway back to the point! if you use enhanced client and want to sort loot fast ! This is what you want!

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PGCD's mod doesn't work for me anymore, all relics predicted after enhancement now give essence, so instead of making relics (a BASIC component, not the rare stuff you have to farm for hours for high end imbues) more common, it seems they are now harder to come by.

I hope my tests were just a streak of bad luck, because if relics are actually harder to come by it's the final nail in the coffin of my crafter's business, and, IMHO, a VERY bad move from the devs.

B

Beastmaster

The field has been drastically reduced as to what gives relics now. And if you are planning to enhance items to get relics you can almost forget it. Enhancing gives only a tiny benefit now.

P

pgcd

The field has been drastically reduced as to what gives relics now. And if you are planning to enhance items to get relics you can almost forget it. Enhancing gives only a tiny benefit now.
I wouldn't be so drastic - valorite minimum went from 320 to 335, which sucks but is not soooo terrible, I think.

B

Beastmaster

I wouldn't be so drastic - valorite minimum went from 320 to 335, which sucks but is not soooo terrible, I think.
Valorite and frostwood enhancement are about it. The rest went to less than 10 point bonus each. Some went to only a 1 point bonus, what's the point?

F

Fink

So Human plus Queen bonus minimum would be 355 + Valorite?

Y

Yalp

Does using item id skill still work to find what you get with unraveling? or did that get buggered too?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I used to be able to get Relic Fragments from stolen weps. such as Light of the Void etc. Now they give me essence. This happened with the last patch.

What gives Relics now? And how can I tell if anything has enough weight or whatever it takes to get relics? I have looked for charts or formulas but I cannot find any information.

Ok, time to give out my secret. Merry xmass everyone!

Get Yew Runic Fletching kits. You can get from quest in Heartwood or buy them on the open market. I can buy them for 250k on GL.

Make frostwood EX bows with the kit. Unravel at queens forge with gargoyle. I get 3-5 relics per kit even after the latest changes (used to get 5-10). Thats still about 50k-75k each + frostwood.

Z

zeroshade

What is that? Where do I get it? And how does it work?

I'm a newbie to the enhanced client

Thanks,
Q
Ditto on that.
http://uo.modders-exchange.net/

Enhanced Client + PGCD's Item Property Evaluator mod.

While i realize im getting old, i dont see this (Item Property Evaluator) on that site.... All i see is the Item Property Highlighting. Same? Diff? Plus last release was on the 3rd of december before the last publish

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Enhanced Client + PGCD's Item Property Evaluator mod.

While i realize im getting old, i dont see this (Item Property Evaluator) on that site.... All i see is the Item Property Highlighting. Same? Diff? Plus last release was on the 3rd of december before the last publish
Item Property Highlighting that's the one!

pgcd is working on gathering the data to make changes from the publish like the amount special mats give etc I am sure when its done there will be a new version! I would not expect it till after the first of the year but thats just a guess

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get Yew Runic Fletching kits ... I get 3-5 relics per kit
Do you realize how boring it is to camp Heartwood when you don't run a scripted bot?
It takes hours to have a yew kit drop, and for 3-5 relics?

Heh, no, thanks :coco:

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Do you realize how boring it is to camp Heartwood when you don't run a scripted bot?
It takes hours to have a yew kit drop, and for 3-5 relics?

Heh, no, thanks :coco:
I have never gotten one from there and i have burned over 250k wood
got lots of tali though
i just go fight swoop and loot the higher end items that you can turn into relics and everything thats 3 or less stones goes in a bag to unravel
each trip i net 3to 6 frags and takes me about 30 min to 45 min depending on who all is there

D

dielock

Ok let me ask all of you this. What do I make (be it armor, weps whatever) and not have to imbue to get a relic?

K

Kamin

So how do you load this mod, I can't find any instructions with it?

F

Fink

Thats still about 50k-75k each + frostwood.
Damn, that much? I used to make them for about 19-25K up until the last change. I think I'd rather go hunting than do runics, at least the loot is more interesting and I get "paid" to do it. I thought the whole idea of Imbuing was to offer an alternative to the runic lottery (both in dropping them and burning them for something useful).

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

All ya need to know is Here

That page shows you how to install the various mods. I would personally suggest going to the Skins tab at the top and choosing either the Copper_Enhanced or Legacy II skin packages as they will have the Evaluator in the package as well as many other additions as well as give the game a different look based on the package design, so pick one that you feel looks good and has the favored features.

A

altarego

Is there a skins and mods forum or subforum here on stratics, where we can ask questions/request things?

There doesn't seem to be any sort of open forum on the mod site itself.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Is there a skins and mods forum or subforum here on stratics, where we can ask questions/request things?

There doesn't seem to be any sort of open forum on the mod site itself.
The Enhanced client forum is where you want to be...

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pub63's Unravelling Calculation.

A. Total Magic intensity
The basis doesn't change except damage convert intensity.
After Publish63, Material's Property is included in the intensity calculation.
However, Resist+ bonus is not included only by it.
Exceptional effect, DI+ or Resist+ bonus, is not reflected in the intensity calculation only by it, too.

example)
lower requirement -50% by dullcopper weapon is 50% intensity and 1 property.

A'. More than 5 properties.
When the number of properties in which intensity is calculated becomes 6 or more, the following adjustment is done.

a. Total intensity of all properties is calculated. Below the decimal is rounded down. [X]
b. X is divided by the number of properties. Below the decimal is rounded down. [Y]
c. 5 is multiplied by Y.

example) 5 properties weapon enhanced gold ingot
Hit Dispel : 40%
Hit Cold Area : 50%
Hit Stamina leech : 46%
Hit Chance increase : +10%
Defence chance increase : +9%
Lower requirement : -50%
Luck : 40

a. Total Magic and Material intensity
= 80 + 100 + 92 + 66 + 60 + 50 + 40 = 488% [but 488% is not applied]
b. 488 / 7 = 69
c. 69 * 5 = 345%

B. Material Bonus
After Publish63, Material Bonus is multiplication by the total value of A or A'[Total Magic intensity].
Before Publish62, Material Bonus was addition.

Dullcopper : *1.02
Shadow : *1.03
Copper : *1.04
Bronze : *1.05
Gold : *1.07
Agapite : *1.09
Verite : *1.12
Valorite : *1.20
Spined : *1.01
Horned : *1.02
Barbed : *1.04
Oak : *1.01
Ash : *1.03
Yew : *1.07
Heartwood : *1.10
Bloodwood : *1.15
Frostwood : *1.20
All Scales : *1.03

C. Race Bonus [not changed]
Human : +0
Elf : +0
Gargoyle : +20

D. Soul Forge Bonus [not changed]
Normal : +0
Royal city(center) : +10
Queen's : +30

E. Durability and Imbued penalty [not changed]

If Durability is less than 50, correction rate decreases 0.02 each.
If "Imbued", correction rate is 0.80.

example)
durability 45 and imbued --- correction rate is 0.70 (=1.00-0.02*5-0.20)

example)
unravelling item property[weapon] :
"Imbued"
Damage Increase +45%
Hit Stamina leech : 44%
Hit Cold Area : 44%
Dragon Slayer
Material : Valorite
Race : Gargoyle
Soul Forge : Queen's
durability is more than 50.

A : Total Magic intensity = 90+80+88+88+100 = 446%
B : Material Bonus = *1.20
C : Race Bonus = +20%
D : Soul Forge Bonus = +30%
A * B + C + D = 585%
unravelling intensity = 585% * 0.80 = 468%
Relic Fragment is unravelled.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
very nice chrome think we may need to sticky this info in the imbuing forum ! Would that be ok with you?

Chrome

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
very nice chrome think we may need to sticky this info in the imbuing forum ! Would that be ok with you?
It's OK

Adding info
unravelling intensity < 50 : Magical residue * 1
50~99 : Magical residue * 2~3
100~149 : Magical residue * 3~4
150~199 : Magical residue * 4~5
200~299 : enchanted essence * 1~2
300~399 : enchanted essence * 2~3
400~450 : enchanted essence * 3~4
>=451 : relic fragment * 1~2

P

pgcd

Pub63's Unravelling Calculation.

A. Total Magic intensity
The basis doesn't change except damage convert intensity.
After Publish63, Material's Property is included in the intensity calculation.
However, Resist+ bonus is not included only by it.
Exceptional effect, DI+ or Resist+ bonus, is not reflected in the intensity calculation only by it, too.

example)
lower requirement -50% by dullcopper weapon is 50% intensity and 1 property.

A'. More than 5 properties.
When the number of properties in which intensity is calculated becomes 6 or more, the following adjustment is done.

a. Total intensity of all properties is calculated. Below the decimal is rounded down. [X]
b. X is divided by the number of properties. Below the decimal is rounded down. [Y]
c. 5 is multiplied by Y.

example) 5 properties weapon enhanced gold ingot
Hit Cold Area : 50%
Hit Stamina leech : 46%
Hit Chance increase : +10%
Defence chance increase : +9%
Lower requirement : -50%
Luck : 40

a. Total Magic and Material intensity
= 80 + 100 + 92 + 66 + 60 + 50 + 40 = 488% [but 488% is not applied]
b. 488 / 7 = 69
c. 69 * 5 = 345%

B. Material Bonus
After Publish63, Material Bonus is multiplication by the total value of A or A'[Total Magic intensity].
Before Publish62, Material Bonus was addition.

Dullcopper : *1.02
Shadow : *1.03
Copper : *1.04
Bronze : *1.05
Gold : *1.07
Agapite : *1.09
Verite : *1.12
Valorite : *1.20
Spined : *1.01
Horned : *1.02
Barbed : *1.04
Oak : *1.01
Ash : *1.03
Yew : *1.07
Heartwood : *1.10
Bloodwood : *1.15
Frostwood : *1.20
All Scales : *1.03

C. Race Bonus [not changed]
Human : +0
Elf : +0
Gargoyle : +20

D. Soul Forge Bonus [not changed]
Normal : +0
Royal city(center) : +10
Queen's : +30

E. Durability and Imbued penalty [not changed]

If Durability is less than 50, correction rate decreases 0.02 each.
If "Imbued", correction rate is 0.80.

example)
durability 45 and imbued --- correction rate is 0.70 (=1.00-0.02*5-0.20)

example)
unravelling item property[weapon] :
"Imbued"
Damage Increase +45%
Hit Stamina leech : 44%
Hit Cold Area : 44%
Dragon Slayer
Material : Valorite
Race : Gargoyle
Soul Forge : Queen's
durability is more than 50.

A : Total Magic intensity = 90+80+88+88+100 = 446%
B : Material Bonus = *1.20
C : Race Bonus = +20%
D : Soul Forge Bonus = +30%
A * B + C + D = 585%
unravelling intensity = 585% * 0.80 = 468%
Relic Fragment is unravelled.
Thanks Chrome, I guess this is all I need to update my stuff - and I wouldn't have guessed that 5+ properties part in a million years. But it nicely explains why some stuff was completely off in my calculations =)

D

dielock

This is all great info. But it still does not answer my question. What do we have to make now to unravel to get relics?

Mook Chessy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Get keys to lady Mel, 20 mins

Tamer in dog form (with added hp regen and 30 smoke bombs)

Bushy Archer with 3000 ++ Luck

Two people kill lady Mel (nice suit and honor) 15 mins

10/15 Relic Frags

B

Beastmaster

This is all great info. But it still does not answer my question. What do we have to make now to unravel to get relics?

Its very obvious you have absolutely no appreciation for the work Chrome did to get the info he posted. I did about half of it independently and its a lot of work! If you can't take this info and figure out the rest for yourself I don't think you deserve it. Lazy to the nth degree.

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its very obvious you have absolutely no appreciation for the work Chrome did to get the info he posted. I did about half of it independently and its a lot of work! If you can't take this info and figure out the rest for yourself I don't think you deserve it. Lazy to the nth degree.
Chill out, he's just asking a question, and quite politely.

Nerds thinking you need a math degree to play roleplaying games get on my nerves, sometimes :scholar:

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Based on the above math it is indeed possible to manufacture relic.

However, it aint cheap, and in fact would be reosurce/cost prohibitive to mass produce relics in this fashion. It could be useful to make 5-10 relics allowing you to imbue a particular stat on a "keeper" weapon.

For example:
I've created a Scimitar
40 DI
40 LL
40 ML
40 SL
12 Fire

Valorite

So I get
80 + 80 + 80 + 80 + 80 = 400
400 * 1.2 for valorite = 480
480 + 50 for race/forge bonus = 531
530 * .8 for imbuing penalty = 424 => No Frag

So Lets Bump up Fire to Max and burn 10 pelts
80+80+80+80+100 => 420 * 1.2 => 504 + 50 => 554 *.8 => 443.1 => No Frag

Continuing - Lets bump up SL and ML to 44 and burn some orbs also
80+80+88+88+100=> 436 * 1.2 => 523 + 50 => 573 * .8 => 458 => Frag

Woops - Too High...lets go lower
80+80+84+88+100=> 432 * 1.2 => 518 + 50 => 568 * .8 => 454 => Frag

Trying Lower
80+80+84+84+100=> 428 * 1.2 => 514 + 50 => 564* .8 => 451 => Frag

However, to get this frag I wound up using 10 Boura Pelts, and I think 4 Void Orbs. Plus gems, essances, and residue.

You might try DI-40, SL-40, Resist-13(Pelt), Dispel-42(Slith Tounge) and Luck-100(Muchroom) in valorite as a gargoyle at the queens forge on there.

But to be honest, in my opinion it would be quicker to just hunt monsters and get an item, enhance with valorite and get the frags that way. It would be faster and more economical.

Q

D

dielock

Thats pretty harsh and yes I appreciate it very much what both of you did. I am figuring it out now.

Next time watch your mouth there was no call for what you said. You are the one that is rude and arrogant. I wish I knew you in real life, I assure you would not speak to me in that manner.

And if you want to meet PM me and I will give you my address and phone numbers.

D

dielock

Based on the above math it is indeed possible to manufacture relic.

However, it aint cheap, and in fact would be reosurce/cost prohibitive to mass produce relics in this fashion. It could be useful to make 5-10 relics allowing you to imbue a particular stat on a "keeper" weapon.

For example:
I've created a Scimitar
40 DI
40 LL
40 ML
40 SL
12 Fire

Valorite

So I get
80 + 80 + 80 + 80 + 80 = 400
400 * 1.2 for valorite = 480
480 + 50 for race/forge bonus = 531
530 * .8 for imbuing penalty = 424 => No Frag

So Lets Bump up Fire to Max and burn 10 pelts
80+80+80+80+100 => 420 * 1.2 => 504 + 50 => 554 *.8 => 443.1 => No Frag

Continuing - Lets bump up SL and ML to 44 and burn some orbs also
80+80+88+88+100=> 436 * 1.2 => 523 + 50 => 573 * .8 => 458 => Frag

Woops - Too High...lets go lower
80+80+84+88+100=> 432 * 1.2 => 518 + 50 => 568 * .8 => 454 => Frag

Trying Lower
80+80+84+84+100=> 428 * 1.2 => 514 + 50 => 564* .8 => 451 => Frag

However, to get this frag I wound up using 10 Boura Pelts, and I think 4 Void Orbs. Plus gems, essances, and residue.

You might try DI-40, SL-40, Resist-13(Pelt), Dispel-42(Slith Tounge) and Luck-100(Muchroom) in valorite as a gargoyle at the queens forge on there.

But to be honest, in my opinion it would be quicker to just hunt monsters and get an item, enhance with valorite and get the frags that way. It would be faster and more economical.

Q
Thank you that is all I asked for.

L

longshanks

Thats pretty harsh and yes I appreciate it very much what both of you did. I am figuring it out now.

Next time watch your mouth there was no call for what you said. You are the one that is rude and arrogant. I wish I knew you in real life, I assure you would not speak to me in that manner.

And if you want to meet PM me and I will give you my address and phone numbers.

awesome, totally awesome. lives in detroit. 35.7 pct unemployment. a purely desparate area of the country. no, i don't think i'd want to meet you in rl.

p.s. lousy football team too.

just too much for one man to be potentially angry about for me. :D

D

dielock

You are right about the football team and now our hockey team is following them in their path to failure. Oh well, glad I am not a fan of either team.

I am not unemployed I am retired, but I would like to work just to to something. But since manufacturing is done overseas now, there is nothing for me to do.

And I am not angry at all. I just did not like the remark and since it is our way, I have to retaliate immediately with no mercy. That is how things are done here.

Your information is very helpful and I am using it right now. I just wish those maroons at EA would leave well enough alone. Now those guys I would take great pleasure in showing them our ways.

B

Beastmaster

What gives Relics now?
And how can I tell if anything has enough weight or whatever it takes to get relics? I have looked for charts or formulas but I cannot find any information.

You were given this information (the bold part) by Chrome and you were still too lazy to do it. What you really wanted was the part I highlighted in red and which was brought to you by TheLetterQ. You could have done the same thing TheLetterQ did, but you wanted it handed to you on a platter.

ps. your personal threats don't mean squat here

D

dielock

Then pm me.

If you read the later posts, that is if you can read. you would have seen that I did use the information they gave me.

And please Meet me in rl I am aching for a meeting.

Y

Yacct

Grr lost post.

Perhaps I'm missing something but testing Chrome's numbers with a 492 intensity imbued jingasa gave me 3 essence, assuming all bonuses. Chrome's numbers suggest only 429 is needed.

TheLetterQ

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Grr lost post.

Perhaps I'm missing something but testing Chrome's numbers with a 492 intensity imbued jingasa gave me 3 essence, assuming all bonuses. Chrome's numbers suggest only 429 is needed.
I think you get a Mage Armor on that piece as part of th creation. I don't think that counts towards the unraveling total anymore.

Can you post the stats of the piece and maybe we can hash it out.

Crazy bit'o'trivia. I actually woke up in the middle of the night with the solution to how these guys are getting these numbers. How strange is that?

Q

M

Mitzlplik_SP

Then pm me.

If you read the later posts, that is if you can read. you would have seen that I did use the information they gave me.

And please Meet me in rl I am aching for a meeting.
You need some thicker skin. Afterall,this is just the interweb. :D

S

Stupid Miner

I think you get a Mage Armor on that piece as part of th creation. I don't think that counts towards the unraveling total anymore.

Q
Mage Armor hasn't unraveled for at least a publish or two.

Konge

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Can you post the stats of the piece and maybe we can hash it out.

Crazy bit'o'trivia. I actually woke up in the middle of the night with the solution to how these guys are getting these numbers. How strange is that?

Q
That's one of the theories on what your brain does while you sleep, one theory is it flushes out unneeded memories, thats what dreams are. Another is that while you sleep and your body regenerates the chemicals in your brain, it solves problems at an accelerated rate that you haven't solved while you were awake.