• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Releasing tamed animals without using context menu?

• Thread starter frodofeet
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
F

frodofeet

As the subject say, does anyone know a way to release a pet without using the context menu?

According to the player guide "All release" or "<petname> release" should work, but...

All release doesn't work at all
<petname> release only works for single word names like "fido release", "A Bull Release" doesn't work.

I'm working taming on another char atm and it's driving me mad having to use the context menu, and I don't want to have to rename every single creature I tame

Anyone got any ideas?

p.s. I tried UOTamer, but that doesn't do it since it only sends the commands that are already available in-game, i.e. "All release", "A Bull Release", etc.

G

Renaming is proper tamer etiquitte as this will let the next tamer know the creature has been tamed before.
Easiest method is to back over the name to the "a" and then macro "a release".
It's quite simple.

F

frodofeet

<blockquote><hr>

Renaming is proper tamer etiquitte as this will let the next tamer know the creature has been tamed before.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's better etiquette to release and kill (imho
), which I always do so the next tamer doesn't need to worry about getting my seconds.

Which is why I was asking my question. I want to setup a macro which will tame, then release, then kill my target.

Atm I have a macro which will target &amp; tame, and another one for target and kill, but the bit I can't automate is the release. Changing the name on the gump isn't any use because it require using the mouse and can't be macro'd.

Thanks for your input though

G

Please keep in mind that, unless you're a new tamer, pre-tames are often very helpful for gains for other tamers. That's why vets will advise to rename fresh tames, or add your "tag" if it's already been tamed by someone else, then release.

G

My usual practice is to tame where there are critters you can kill tames on. If someone else appears I'll offer to tame and release, but otherwise if I'm after fast gains it's tame - all kill on a healer/monster and repeat.

Wenchy

G

I don't mind renaming my tames. For fresh tames, I will rename them "one", indicating that this creature has been tamed and released once. For pre-tames that have already been renamed, I will just add my initials to the end of the existing name, then release.

I was getting annoyed with the context menu, and decided to tell my tames to "all stay" before releasing them. That way I don't have to chase them all over trying to get the menu! =P

If you don't want to use the context menu at all, then just rename your tamed critters the same name, like "one" for example, and then make a "one release" macro. It saves a little time!

5% Luck

Try joining a guild and useing the all guard me to make them green and killing them that way. Works great for those guilded tamers that want to skip a step.

I

imported_Sarphus

I just make a macro that does all kill on last target twice (first time flags the target and the 2nd time kills it. I will keep a pet with me that can kill whatever I'm taming.

I don't like tame/release because it can screw up other tamers (if they don't have skill trainer statue)

I

imported_Mark Trail

Yeah. What he said. What's the skill trainer statue?

G

<blockquote><hr>

It's better etiquette to release and kill (imho
), which I always do so the next tamer doesn't need to worry about getting my seconds.

[/ QUOTE ]This is the "new school" approach to taming.
The "Old school" (those of us crotchety and set in our ways) approach is that pretamed pets give better gains at higher levels then freshly spawned.
*remembers looking for bulls that had been tamed twice*