• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reinstall

• Thread starter GrinderCB
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
G

GrinderCB

Anyone know how to recover my last UI & macro data?

Over the holidays I finally completed my new build and have reinstalled SWG. The reinstallation off the SWG website was successful (took about 2-1/2 hrs to download...) and all looks wonderful. Newer video cards and a dual-core processor really improved the look over my very-outdated system. The game runs a lot smoother than before and for once it's nice to not have to have my settings bottomed out. So far, so good. Now I'm trying to find a way to load my old UI's/macros for my characters.

Before dismantling the old system I copied the entire SWG directory from the hard drive to a flash drive. Been sifting through approx. 6.5GB of data for logical filenames such as logs, UI's, my character names, etc, and found nothing that makes any sense. I'm hoping that all it would take is copying a few files from the flash drive over to the new SWG directory.

Any help would be appreciated.

G

GrinderCB

Re: SWG Reinstallation/Recovery of my UI

Worked like a charm, thanks. Since my character names were all the same, just updated due to the clean reinstallation, I didn't need to rename anything. All I had to do was login for each character ( two on Starsider, two on Bloodfin) to create the initial [blank] UI's. After that I just copied & pasted the saved profiles into the new installation and voila, all done.

With the new system and two SLI'd graphics cards I just had to spend some quality time tweaking my options. Loving it now. Everything was getting pretty tiresome on the old system with all the options set to bare minimum.

:D

RainStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Re: SWG Reinstallation/Recovery of my UI

Glad you got it working and yes, it is amazing how much better the game runs and looks on a better computer.

aoaoo0

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Try to reinstall WoWRDX OOBE maybe or just make fresh install of RDX.
Your recovery file should be in SavedVariables folder (RDX_Recovery.lua), not in "Addons", but in \WTF\ etc..