• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Registration issue

M

ministry7

Hello Everyone, happy to be apart of this forum.

A friend of mine recently bought FFXI for the X box. He remembers his play online ID and Password but he lost his book containing his registration code for his character. Is there a way he can obtain this registration code again or would he have to call Playonline? Thanks for the help.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Edit because I'm now more awake:

If he made it through registration of Play Online and the game at some point, he shouldn't need it. He submitted that to Play Online, where it was stored. He should just have to re-install and it should work. If not, then he will have to purchase another coy.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello Everyone, happy to be apart of this forum.

A friend of mine recently bought FFXI for the X box. He remembers his play online ID and Password but he lost his book containing his registration code for his character. Is there a way he can obtain this registration code again or would he have to call Playonline? Thanks for the help.
Sorry I am kind of confused by the posting. Did your friend play before? The game didn't finish getting registered?

Yeah if you lost the registration code and didn't get it registered, then you will have to go get another registration code. Probably means purchasing another game unfortunately.

If any other account problem, with your friend remembering his online ID he is golden. Won't really have any problems from my customer service experiences.

M

ministry7

Thank you all for your posts. I went over my friends house tonight and found out the real problem. My friend has just bought an Xbox 360 and is having problems with his gamer tag being linked to his play online ID. However, before my friend bought his Xbox he played on my Xbox using a gamer tag created on my xbox account. I know that he wont be able to change his Play online ID unless he gets a new character. Is there some possible way he can create or modify a gamer tag so that he can log on from his Xbox? Thank you.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you all for your posts. I went over my friends house tonight and found out the real problem. My friend has just bought an Xbox 360 and is having problems with his gamer tag being linked to his play online ID. However, before my friend bought his Xbox he played on my Xbox using a gamer tag created on my xbox account. I know that he wont be able to change his Play online ID unless he gets a new character. Is there some possible way he can create or modify a gamer tag so that he can log on from his Xbox? Thank you.
Sorry, THAT question I do not know. I only used PS2 and occasionally a laptop to play. Hopefully someone with XBOX expertise can get to your question soon.

Trish

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think he's going to have to buy a new copy of the game, and start his own character. I base this opinion on the fact that I can log into my hubby's xbox account from my comp, but he can't log into my PC version on his xbox. Nor can he log into the kid's PS2, and she can log in as anything.

M

ministry7

Thanks for the help everyone. I called Play Online tonight and was informed by personel that whenever YOUR gamer tag is LINKED with a friends Play Online ID, they must be unlinked. Play Online will unlink them for you once the Play Online account holder provides them with the proper identification, which is basically every thing the account holder would know. Once identification is provided the personel will unlink the gamer tag from the Play Online ID and he/she will ask you to reset your xbox. After you reset your xbox you will be able to link YOUR gamer tag to your Play Online account. Thanks alot every one.

Diomedes Artega

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the help everyone. I called Play Online tonight and was informed by personel that whenever YOUR gamer tag is LINKED with a friends Play Online ID, they must be unlinked. Play Online will unlink them for you once the Play Online account holder provides them with the proper identification, which is basically every thing the account holder would know. Once identification is provided the personel will unlink the gamer tag from the Play Online ID and he/she will ask you to reset your xbox. After you reset your xbox you will be able to link YOUR gamer tag to your Play Online account. Thanks alot every one.
Hey, great information! Thanks for the helpful tip.