• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) regarding talisman slaying properties

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was having trouble finding an exact answer to my question here. So, I thought I'd turn to the Catskills forum populous. :)

If wearing a slayer talisman, and you have a weapon (or spellbook) that has a slaying property on it, which takes president? Is there an "order" to it? Like does it go Talisman before weapon, or visa/versa? What if the two slayers are opposing slayers ( humanoid opposed to undead ) and are both equipped? Do they cancel each other out? Or do they stack? And what if your a bard/fighter/mage and you have a slaying talisman, a slayer weapon (or spellbook) and you are using a slayer instrument?

I tried looking at a few different sites, many of which had extensive explanations to slayers, but did not quite answer my question.

I did learn that same slayer types will stack up to 300% which is cool. And I learned they revamped the lesser slayers to do triple damage, which is really cool (especially against poison elementals, I hate those guys) .

So yeah... um maybe a complicated question. I have been trying to experiment, but I am unsure of my testing so far.

An extra question... On the 300% thing, how exactly does that percentage play out? Normally a talisman does 20 percent extra damage. How would it be possible to get to 300 percent? I don't think there are enough equip-able items in the game to get to that number.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If wearing a slayer talisman, and you have a weapon (or spellbook) that has a slaying property on it, which takes president? Is there an "order" to it? Like does it go Talisman before weapon, or visa/versa? What if the two slayers are opposing slayers ( humanoid opposed to undead ) and are both equipped? Do they cancel each other out? Or do they stack? And what if your a bard/fighter/mage and you have a slaying talisman, a slayer weapon (or spellbook) and you are using a slayer instrument?
Instruments only work when using a bard skill and simply allow you a better success percentage when affecting that creature type with a Bard skill.

I have never had any cancellation effect when I had opposing slayers equipped. You simple gain the benefit from both of them. If you have an undead and repond slayer equipped you would do double damage to both of those types while taking double damage from both of those types.

I do believe they removed the ability to use spells with slayers. I tried this out the other day and may damage did not change from having a slayer equipped.

The slayer spellbooks will affect your spells, although I do not know about spell-like affects.

How would it be possible to get to 300 percent? I don't think there are enough equip-able items in the game to get to that number.
I do believe you can only gain a damage increase from items up to 100%. The other 200% are from spells and spell like abilities. i.e. Enemy of One.

Bob_the_fart_guy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As far as the damage that you do while using a spellbook, my research (Stratics and UOGuide) has told me that it affects direct damage spells, excluding mind blast and harm...which is odd.

I'm glad to know that they don't cancel each other out though. And thank you for clearing up the 300 percent thing. I wasn't even thinking about factoring in damage increase mods or enemy of one.

R

Rodan/Linu

I've never seen mindblast work with a slayer spellbook, just saying.