• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Regarding Fake Bidding and Trolling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hiya everyone,

I just posted the new trade forum rules, they are stickied at the top. The parts that apply directly to fake bidding are #9 under the Guidelines for safer trading section, and #4 under the General Policies section.

Hopefully this will help a bit :)

I locked the stickied thread, but all feedback about the new rules is welcome if anyone wants to post in this thread.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Captn. When a seller posts up "xxx is banned from bidding on this auction" can a mod just not block that certain person from adding anything to the post?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Hey Captn. When a seller posts up "xxx is banned from bidding on this auction" can a mod just not block that certain person from adding anything to the post?
Yes, we can ban them from the thread at any time. If the thread starter posts that someone isn't allowed to bid, I will be able to ban that person from the thread.

Edited to give accurate info, messed up the 1st time.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've never see the trader hall flooded with some many morons as it has been recently..it's deterring other from bidding because nobody can tell who is bidding legitimately or just boosting prices it seems

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I've never see the trader hall flooded with some many morons as it has been recently..it's deterring other from bidding because nobody can tell who is bidding legitimately or just boosting prices it seems

And now with the new rules, as long as there is proof in the form of Stratics PM's that someone did not pay for the item they bid on, the moderators can deal with them.

We can't accept any proof other than Stratics PM's though, since outside sources could be faked.

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And now with the new rules, as long as there is proof in the form of Stratics PM's that someone did not pay for the item they bid on, the moderators can deal with them.

We can't accept any proof other than Stratics PM's though, since outside sources could be faked.
Is there a way to incorporate a reputation system, that can't be defrauded, almost like a rate your experience type deal after an auction/sale

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Is there a way to incorporate a reputation system, that can't be defrauded, almost like a rate your experience type deal after an auction/sale

That would be up to the owner Ron Bron, and the Administrators Kirthag, Nexus, and Zuckuss. It has been suggested to them before, and they said they would think about it last I heard, but I'm not sure if that's still the plan or not. Moderators have no control, at all over mainstream forum stuff like that. Moderators can use the tools the owner and Admins provide, but we cannot create new tools.

UNKNOWN of Atlantic

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Well This Hall is Placed in a 100 year flood plan but with way the Weather is now its really kind of sketchy ....*looks down Scraps Some the stupidity off his boots* L *looks Over and see The Poor Cleaners Scrubbing the walls & Shoveling the stuff off the floors & into a row of Carts Outside and notices Even the horses Pulling the carts Don't like the smell of stupidy * Shakes my head & ponders on How they are going to contain all of it ....Maybe we could feed it to the horde Minions!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The rules have been updated, new things have been added. One of the new things that just added is as of now, selling game codes of any kind on the forums is not allowed.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
The rules have been updated, new things have been added. One of the new things that just added is as of now, selling game codes of any kind on the forums is not allowed.
!!! You just closed down half of souls business !!! Man people need to eat.

JDGTR

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics should IP ban M Dangerous.

After countless complains from sellers and new forum rules on fake bidding plus trolling, he continues to break all measures of the terms of use.

I hope moderators can consider this. It'll also punish the real guy behind it, whom I reckon is the Chairman of Universal Spastics Association - Trollberg.

Please like this post if you support IP BAN on this NOOB.

WootSauce

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
awesome, so not only do i get to deal with mike D clogging the whole gen chat of the ATL shard with his excrement troll-tastic-ness, now he gets to litter up stratics sales threads. yay!

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
awesome, so not only do i get to deal with mike D clogging the whole gen chat of the ATL shard with his excrement troll-tastic-ness, now he gets to litter up stratics sales threads. yay!
Each time he refuses to pay for an item he bids on, he will recieve a warning. After enough warnings, he will be perma banned. It's only a matter of time.

michael dangerous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Each time he refuses to pay for an item he bids on, he will recieve a warning. After enough warnings, he will be perma banned. It's only a matter of time.
But how can you prove i refused to pay? Whats stopping wootsauce or someone else i don't know from here but know on the game selling an item, i win and then they just say i refuse to pay?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
But how can you prove i refused to pay? Whats stopping wootsauce or someone else i don't know from here but know on the game selling an item, i win and then they just say i refuse to pay?
I'll say it once again, read the new rules. It says that if a person has proof of a deal through Stratics PM's, and then says you did not pay, it is up to the moderator to decide who is telling the truth. It is my call.

michael dangerous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I'll say it once again, read the new rules. It says that if a person has proof of a deal through Stratics PM's, and then says you did not pay, it is up to the moderator to decide who is telling the truth. It is my call.
I read them, i just don't see how you could prove who is in the wrong.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I read them, i just don't see how you could prove who is in the wrong.
You do realize that we technically don't have to prove anything right, Stratics is a privately owned website, if the owner wanted to ban everyone that uses it for no reason at all, he could and would perfectly within his rights.

michael dangerous

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
You do realize that we technically don't have to prove anything right, Stratics is a privately owned website, if the owner wanted to ban everyone that uses it for no reason at all, he could and would perfectly within his rights.
Oh boy i could see it now, the riots this would cause if i got banned.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have removed 1 post from this thread for personal attacks and trolling, the person who posted it has been warned, and has received a 24 hour temporary ban. This thread is now locked due to the explosion of drama. Thank you :)

Status
Not open for further replies.