• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] reforging...

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i got the idea of how it works..

now, just for giggles i grabbed a crate with like 80 some items from shame...

every single one i tried to reforge , it saidyou cannot reforge this item.

Is itbecause i was trying to do it with valorite hammer, barbed kits etc.?

Or is it because a item needs to be sort of crappy then reforge?

Last edited:

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's because you need to craft the items from a plain material then reforge them.

Loot you can try to enhance and sometimes imbue.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so..
ok im feeling like a idiot here...
you craft them with a runic
say barbed kit leather piece
then reforge?

LOL. what good are the shame and covetous pieces then? the roll to get a good one there is 1 and a million.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No, you have to make with a NORMAL tool with NORMAL materials. Then Reforge.

ANY property other than elemental damage (from loot, or from pre-imbuing runics), DI from Exceptional with Arms Lore, or additional resists from Exceptional with Arms Lore, will prevent reforging.

The stuff from the dungeons are effectively reforged loot with a bunch of penalties. You can choose to reforge without invoking the conditions that add Cannot be Repaired or Brittle, but the items will be weaker.

The idea that appears to behind the dungeon loot is to have high-end disposable items that you can replace as needed, for fighting in areas where you probably won't get looted. For example, building an insane suit from all that dungeon loot is perfect for trips to the Exodus boss encounter, peerless, etc. If you get a clean piece that works with an insurable suit and is repairable, all the better.

SixUnder

Legendary Assassin
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, seems funny to me. So no use for arms lore with this ability the huh? Even when reforging?

Vor

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol, seems funny to me. So no use for arms lore with this ability the huh? Even when reforging?
You still get the bonus resists on the item from armslore, and the DI on a weapon, though most people don't need that.

D Jamison

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
No, you have to make with a NORMAL tool with NORMAL materials. Then Reforge.

ANY property other than elemental damage (from loot, or from pre-imbuing runics), DI from Exceptional with Arms Lore, or additional resists from Exceptional with Arms Lore, will prevent reforging.

The stuff from the dungeons are effectively reforged loot with a bunch of penalties. You can choose to reforge without invoking the conditions that add Cannot be Repaired or Brittle, but the items will be weaker.

The idea that appears to behind the dungeon loot is to have high-end disposable items that you can replace as needed, for fighting in areas where you probably won't get looted. For example, building an insane suit from all that dungeon loot is perfect for trips to the Exodus boss encounter, peerless, etc. If you get a clean piece that works with an insurable suit and is repairable, all the better.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
This is one of the greatest posts I have ever seen. It actually answers the OP's questions and explains, in detail, every important aspect related to reforging, enhancing, etc.

- Thanks for the info, Guy!