Very nice Wizal. Can you walk me through how you did this? Type of kit used, which options chosen in the reforge menu, etc? I'm not understanding how you can get 700 weight on them if you craft, reforge, imbue and then enhance with spined.
Horned Kit with Fortune package, No PowerReforging. Then you basically have 2 options:
- Either you select the Wizardry package. But due to the way the system is designed you will roll only 150 Luck with either MR3 or CastingFocus2, nothing else I believe (beside parts with less than 150 Luck of course). You can use this solution for one part, this is what I did on the Tunic. It leaves 2 slots and a weight of 100 to imbue, so 15 resists. Obviously you need to start with bases with 0 except points in at least one slot if you don't want to waste free except resist points by overimbuing them.
- Either you select the Defense package. This is what I did on all the other pieces but the Tunic, but this is extremely tricky:
Basically choosing the Defense package will roll Luck150 + ONE resist at +15 in about half the cases (in the other half it will roll 2 resists and under 150 Luck, you can of course trash those parts).
The catch is if the 15 points of resist from the package fall on a slot which already has free except resist points, the weight of those free resists will be accounted for so you won't be able to do an optimal piece.
The trick is thus to start with a base piece with 2 slots without any except points from the draw. This is about 0.1% of pieces crafted if I remember, so you will burn a lot of leather to get those working bases. So when you reforge you have 1 chance out of 2 to get the 150 Luck+1 resist distribution, and if this is the case then 2 chances out of 5 that the resist will fall on one of the 2 right slots (the ones with no except points), so this gives you a total of 1 chance out of 5 to succeed the reforging.
If successful, the piece will have 3 free slots and 250 weight to imbue: You will imbue the remaining "empty" resist slot and 2 other slots (usually LRC and LMC, but you can choose what you want). In the end you will have for example 5 slots with the following: 150 Luck, LRC, LMC, Resist1, Resist2. Note that the balance between Resist1 and Resist2 can be adjusted without loosing anything: you don't need to leave all 15 points from the Defense package on the slot they initially felt in, you can overimbue Resist1 and raise Resist2. This is very important because the ability to freely balance resists by pair on each part will allow you to build a suit without wasting any point.
In the end, use of course a Forged Metal Tool to enhance in Spined.
Each part will have 20 free resists from except crafting (none have been lost) + 5 free resists from Spined Leather + 40 free Luck from spined Leather + 500 normal imbuing weight, for a total of 133 + 33 + 40 + 500 = 706.
Finally, do the circlet last, it is the easiest part since you don't have to use any trick: you can get a plain 150 Luck with a copper hammer. You even get 1 more resist point because golden ingots adds 6 while spined leather adds 5. It also adds LowerReq30 even if you likely don't care
But you can also still choose the ugly (and hardest to do) leather cap if you want of course.
Now, even if you do all this correctly, you will likely still need to craft a couple of extra parts, because having bases with 2 slots without free points is not enough, they have to be different on each part: if you use, say 4 parts with the "free" resist slots all beeing Cold and Poison, there is no way you will be able to get matching parts. I ended up crafting 8 perfect parts for the suit, so I have 3 extra ones (for a backup suit one day, who knows)
Using horned kit may get you 150 luck + 3 mama regen from reforging, but it wont give pieces like:
1) intl 4 mana 2, luck 150, lmc4%, LRC 25%,
2) kinetic Eater 12%, HPR 3, SR3, MR 2, luck 150,
3) luck 150 resist 19/17/22/11/21 (total 90 resist).
Blind buring with barbed kit can result in items with higher than 500 intensity before enhancing, and without imbuing, the item can be powdered over and over.
Blind burning on a barbed kit not only results in few Luck 150 items, but also most of them have a total weight under the one of an optimized imbued piece anyway.
In your 3 examples:
- the first is clearly under max imbuable weight (you can overimbue the lmc and the mana though, but then it's kinda pointless to have wasted so many barbed kits then)
- the third is also under max imbuable weight (but close). If you have only Luck 150 the max resists on an imbued piece is 15 + 20 + 5 + 15 * (500-150)/100 = 92
- the second is the only one with a weight over imbuable limits, but only because of the regenerations. Good luck getting the required LRC and resists and no losses in crap mods if you go that way for all parts
In any cases, even if you do one part like this, the horned kit would be the way to go for all others. I believe there are much more useful ways to burn barbed kits