• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Reforging Weapons, Shadow & Copper Clarification Needed

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hey all, I think I might be dealing with information overload lately. I am trying to make a couple sets of weapons and from what I've read in the reforging step I want to do the following:

For 100% Specific Damage Area : Shadow Runic, Powerful > Grand > Inspired > Exquisite (4 charges)

For 100% HML/HLL : Copper Runic > Grand Artifice > Inspired Artifice > Exalted Artifice > Vampiric/of the Embrace

However, I've also read in another recent thread here that for 100% HML/HLL I should be doing Copper Runic > Powerful > Grand > Inspired > Exquisite / of Quality

just like the Shadow for 100% damage area.

Am I understanding all of this correctly? And in the last two instances, what is the difference between the two? They both take 4 charges from the copper runic.

I've noticed tonight doing the Copper > Exalted > Vampiric that on double axes im only getting max 81% leech, but with bladed staffs I've gotten up to 100%. Is this just chance or some kind of cap based on weapon?

Thanks a lot.

Ryzk

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hit Leech Effects are capped based on the swing speed of the weapon, for instance if you imbue ssi onto your 100% it will drop. That being said double axes do qualify for the 100% hll/hml, you must just have had some bad luck, ive gone stretches of 2-3 hammers without a single 100% before. I use and have always used the Copper Runic > Powerful > Grand > Inspired > Exquisite / of Quality method which costs 4 charges per use.

Pirate Roberts

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want 100 fire or cold damage, use dull copper. When you get a 70% cold or fire weapon, enhance it to 100%. I only use copper for 100% energy weapons.

CrazyUserName

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hit Leech Effects are capped based on the swing speed of the weapon, for instance if you imbue ssi onto your 100% it will drop. That being said double axes do qualify for the 100% hll/hml, you must just have had some bad luck, ive gone stretches of 2-3 hammers without a single 100% before. I use and have always used the Copper Runic > Powerful > Grand > Inspired > Exquisite / of Quality method which costs 4 charges per use.
I have always used the Vampiric name choice when making my weapons - I can confirm that it works to get 100% ll or 100% ml on double axes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk