• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging specifics

Zara

Adventurer
Hi,

I looked at

I would like to make a 100% life leech, 100% mana leech weapon for several very specific pieces.

My understanding is reforging can accomplish this as long as you don't add SSI to it which is fine with me.

But from what I could understand is that even if you don't add ssi, the base speed of weapons affect how high a leech you can get. But I can't find anything that lists the highest leeches possible -- like a table showing you can get this much leech if weapon speed is 2.5 and this much if weapon speed is 3.5. Is there such a thing? A link?

Specifically, I am looking to get max reforging leeches (without using SSI) on these weapons: double axe (3.25 base speed), bladed staff (3.0), hatchet (2.75), soul glaive (4.0), composite bow (4.0), and cyclone (3.25). Can anyone please tell me the max life leech and mana leech I might get with each using reforging?

I also wanted to ask about how to get that. From the linked thread,
"
100% mana leech SMITHY weapon: Copper + Powerful + Vampire
(difficulty: easy)
"

So I tried that on a double axe, the charges I had left on a copper hammer with powerful and vampire. I got all kinds of things like mana drain and when I got an actual leech, it was a good deal less than I could have imbued. Yet it says difficulty is easy. I don't do much reforging. Can anyone tell me how many tries I would need to get a weapon with max life leech and mana leech?

Thank you for any expertise anyone might be able to give!

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
I would recommend testing on Test Center where the tools are free. It will give you an idea how many you will have to purchase on average on your home shard. It is on the RNG as you could get one first try or 100 tries later.

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
I’m not sure I understand the question, so I apologize if I got the wrong answer here for you. I have bladed staffs with 100% HML or 100% HLL. So it stands to reason that bladed staffs, and slower weapon speeds can hit that. I’m not sure on the hatchets, so maybe someone knows the max on those. That’s the good news. The bad, the composite bows and soul glaives are so slow, it’s doubtful you can use those weapons at max SSI (1.25) without adding SSI on those weapons.

Zara

Adventurer
I’m not sure I understand the question, so I apologize if I got the wrong answer here for you. I have bladed staffs with 100% HML or 100% HLL. So it stands to reason that bladed staffs, and slower weapon speeds can hit that. I’m not sure on the hatchets, so maybe someone knows the max on those. That’s the good news. The bad, the composite bows and soul glaives are so slow, it’s doubtful you can use those weapons at max SSI (1.25) without adding SSI on those weapons.
Thank you! You understood my question :) Like you said, I just need to know about the hatchets. Hmm, good point about the slower weapons. And just to be sure, it's impossible to get max 100% leech and SSI randomly on a reforge, correct?

You said you made 100% life leech and 100% mana leech bladed staffs? They have both? Do you remember how many tries it took you? And you did it with copper hammer, powerful, vampire?

Zara

Adventurer
@Zara
Use this imbuing calculator: Knuckleheads.dk
It makes adjustments to max leech when selecting different weapons. Looks like this will help.
Thanks, but that's for imbuing. Reforging is different and can exceed imbue caps. Example, you can't reach 100% life leech or 100% mana leech with imbue on bladed staff or double axe, but based on what Mordha said, reforging can. I am guessing at some point fast weapons like daggers can't reach 100% leech, but I can find no table or link anywhere showing the reforging limits based on weapon speed.

And the reason I'm doing this is specifically to get beyond those caps imbuing has. Thank you though. :)

Mordha

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Thank you! You understood my question :) Like you said, I just need to know about the hatchets. Hmm, good point about the slower weapons. And just to be sure, it's impossible to get max 100% leech and SSI randomly on a reforge, correct?

You said you made 100% life leech and 100% mana leech bladed staffs? They have both? Do you remember how many tries it took you? And you did it with copper hammer, powerful, vampire?
It’s one or the other. I don’t recall what I used to get the 100% hit leech. Lastly, the moment you add SSI to the weapon, you’ll lose the 100% hit leech.