• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] reforging problem

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
so im plinking away at my luck suit.
i already have one max one that i made a couple years back and i decided to upgrade 2 others ones that i have on other shards to make them maxed out for my tamers.

but ive run into a snag....
i cant seem to remember what i did to make it!

so i went and picked up a couple different flavors of hammers and sewing kits.
sat back and started making stuff and reforging it.
i thought copper hammers would make 150 luck stuff with reforging?
am i wrong in this thought?
cause i went through 8 hammers and didnt come anywhere close to 150 with them.

im guessing with sewing kits we needed horned - i guess this because i made a bunch.
but with hammers im at a loss.
do i need to be using gold hammer maybe?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I used copper hammers a while ago too. As far as I know, nothing has changed, but that was nearly 2 years ago last time I tried reforging for luck. I also seem to remember 150 luck being much harder to get than, say, 100 HML on a Broadsword (which is approx. 1 in 10 chance), because I got frustrated and settled for 140 luck on some pieces.

My best suggestion is pop into TC. Takes 10 minutes to whip up a char, and you have unlimited resources to try it out.

DJAd

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I made a new luck suit just only this week.

It did seem to eat the hammers as you say. Somebody told me use copper (3 charges) to get plain 150 luck. After using maybe one 90 charge hammer I didn't get a 150 luck.

I then tried with powerful charge and made a circlet, sword and shield all with 150 luck.

I then used a horned kit to make all the other parts from leather.

Cocaine1

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Copper runic hammers still produce 150 luck. (+ power), but % of 150 are low.
Tables ith THIS thread are still correct.

BTW horned runic(no power allowed for luck suff/preff) gives about 50% of pieces with 150 luck, but all of them are with some other mode.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was doing some quick testing on TC today and my conclusion was that Bronze hammer would be faster to produce a Luck 150 piece. So I went back to complete my luck set, consumed less than 40 charges to get 2 pieces Luck 150 with clean mods (shield & sword for mage). So, just use Power + of Fortune + Bronze Hammer.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
finally got back around to making these 2 suits again.
so i needed to make a leg piece, arm piece, gloves and hat for both suits.
was looking of course for 150 luck with either no other mods or LRC/LMC/MR as its for a tamer suit with magic.

i made 10 of each of the above pieces and reforged and used horned kit and i got 4x150 luck pieces per 10 i did with legs giving me 5x150 for 11 (i miss counted when making)

so ya, shooting about 40-45% when using horned kits.

i would say out of the 4 pieces i got per 10 with 150 luck only 1 would be naked with no other mods.

just some info for the next fella whos looking to upgrade a suit.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
on related note,
of the above mentioned stuff i reforged out of the 'garbage pile' i was also keeping anything that had 20 LRC and high luck.

out of all the stuff i put into the unravel bag (6 items per 10 x 4 = 24 items) i ended up getting 4 that had 20+LRC and 140 luck.
figured id keep those and use them to make one of my miners or fishers a knock off suit one day.
funny side like to this related note, of the 4 pieces i kept 3 where gloves.