• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging Plus Crafting Skills?

Velsinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've been away from the game for many, many years, and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the insane new complexities of crafting.
I just started experimenting with runic reforging (I had a bunch of old dull copper hammers from 1999-ish to play with :)) I asked this question in Help chat, but got conflicting and/or unclear responses.

Do I actually need to have my craft skills (blacksmith, tailor, carpenter etc.) on the same character who has imbuing? It seems to be working ok without me stoning skills all over and spending a grip on duplicate trade power-scrolls. Is there any downside if I just leave my trade-skills on one char, and have my gargoyle char do just the runic reforging?

(Apologies if this is a dense question...I'm a little overwhelmed by the new systems.)

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I've been away from the game for many, many years, and I'm still trying to wrap my brain around the insane new complexities of crafting.
I just started experimenting with runic reforging (I had a bunch of old dull copper hammers from 1999-ish to play with :)) I asked this question in Help chat, but got conflicting and/or unclear responses.

Do I actually need to have my craft skills (blacksmith, tailor, carpenter etc.) on the same character who has imbuing? It seems to be working ok without me stoning skills all over and spending a grip on duplicate trade power-scrolls. Is there any downside if I just leave my trade-skills on one char, and have my gargoyle char do just the runic reforging?

(Apologies if this is a dense question...I'm a little overwhelmed by the new systems.)
Reforging just requires imbuing I believe. Most people have them all on 1 char because making boat loads of exceptional items, then passing them to a chest, then back on another char is an extreme waste of time. Then once you get one you like youd need to transfer it back, pof it, and switch chars again to imbue it. Then if you can enhance it, transfer back again to crafter. Lots of extra work

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Just to take one step of the pass list here, you don't need anything to PoF an item anyone can do it.
Not much need to pass for enhance after with low prices on Legendary drop you may need to craft with special materials you like for armor to fill one or two slots. I reforge one or two pieces to fit drops I get to fill out suit but the resist are so I that I skip enhance on them after imbue.
If you are on a shard with a good amount of ok gear on vendor search not much need to make armor.

Weapons I craft the most. I reforge two hand weapons the most for sampire. Exceptional two handers have 600 imbue weight while npc bought double axes have 550. I am able to get all the same effects imbued on two hand weapons from npc as exceptional player made. Minus a little less hit stam leech. This way I save millions NOT buying a whetstone. So for this I do not even need a crafter.

Velsinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thank you both, that was helpful (and I'm glad I asked, because most folks in Help chat were telling me the skills needed to be on the same char.)

I don't mind swapping craftables between the two chars for the time being.
I can't really buy Legendaries or do any seriously high-end crafting yet (I have the skills but not the $$$ or resources. My chars were wearing the same gear they had on when I left the game in 2001, so I'm just slowly re-fitting them with basic suits and weapons :)

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Well I would start with imbued basic sets made out of special materials. You can imbue 4 stats and a resist. If you do 7 stam instead of 8 you do not have to use special matts that cost a lot just gems and relic frags/essence. Void orbs can get costly. Just imbue basic starter pieces like such until you can find better or make better.
This will more than likely upgrade you from gear from years ago. If you can get PoF from turning in bods you can use it on them , if not just remake basic sets as they wear out.
The roof is a good place as has been mentioned. Also if you get a cameo drop you can sell for hundreds of millions to get you started etc....

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
A fencing sampire is a cheap alternative and can handle end game level content.

You only need the 5ssi town bonus and 150 stam to swing a spear or leaf blade at max speed. And the fencing primer 3 is practically free compared to 40-50mill for swords 3

Since you can imbue and reforge your own weapons, you can make a set of kamas for Whirl wind too.

A high level fencing sampire can be done at a fraction of the cost of a swords samp and still be very effective.

Velsinn

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Thanks again to you all, everyone's comments were very helpful!

(And now I'm very curious to try out a fencing sampire...I've already got a 120 fencer with mastery 3 :) )

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
because most folks in Help chat were telling me the skills needed to be on the same char.)
Wow. Misinformation.

I have imbuing on my Gargoyle also because he uses it for Mystic. I make stuff with crafters then pass to him for imbuing and reforging. That way my crafters do not need another 120 skill. Then my Gargoyle goes and kills stuff also.