• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Reforging. How to

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no name
Weapons:use best weapon skill,physical reflection,hit lower deffence
Range Weapons: physical reflection,hit lower deffence
Armor: physical reflection
Shield: physical reflection

Does this mean that if I want to get 70 % hit lower defense, there is no package I can select, I just have to hope to get lucky?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Does this mean that if I want to get 70 % hit lower defense, there is no package I can select, I just have to hope to get lucky?
That's how I'd interpret it ya... I haven't actually tried to go for 70 HLD yet honestly bc with the new changes even with 50% HLD on a weapon at least in PvP I'm hitting em 60% of the time at that point usually & if Im a ranged attacker it stays that way. I'd consider 70 HLD maybe on some sort of Nerve Striker or Frenzied WW char etc or in PvM if you've got the room.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea.. its for a nerve striker that wears mace and sheild. I guess I'll burn a few charges on TC and see what I get.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ugh.. 1000 charges, best I got was a 60% HLD. Don't think I'll bother on prodo with that.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
According to the spreadsheet on the first page in this thread it says you can get up to 9 regen on weapon. Do anyone know how much imbuing Weight that would take on a Crook?

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
According to the spreadsheet on the first page in this thread it says you can get up to 9 regen on weapon. Do anyone know how much imbuing Weight that would take on a Crook?

Magister Returns

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've read this entire thread backwards and forward. I really appreciate the information, but occasionally the fact that some folks are translating from another language into English leaves me confused.

Can someone please post the steps for 150 Luck with Horned kit or Copper runic?
(+Powerful)
(+Grand)
(Auspicious/Fortune)?

Thanks!

~M

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to follow the nice guide from CorwinXX's to create a Samurdin. He says "You can work around .....by adding 100% HLL to your weapon" and "Your main weapon usually have reforged HLL and imbued DI/Slayer/HML/HSL" . So my aim was to get a 100% HLL double axe the rest beeing imbued. I tried several ways with differents hammers but I'm unable to get only the HLL property (DI is already included). I got some 97% with others properties that I don't need. I have read the posts but I don't see if it's possible to get only one property. Any help ? :)

cazador

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am trying to follow the nice guide from CorwinXX's to create a Samurdin. He says "You can work around .....by adding 100% HLL to your weapon" and "Your main weapon usually have reforged HLL and imbued DI/Slayer/HML/HSL" . So my aim was to get a 100% HLL double axe the rest beeing imbued. I tried several ways with differents hammers but I'm unable to get only the HLL property (DI is already included). I got some 97% with others properties that I don't need. I have read the posts but I don't see if it's possible to get only one property. Any help ? :)
I believe to get 100% HLL the weapon has to be faster then a 3s weapon, and when you imbue ssi it drops the leech..so if you trying to get a bladed staff with 100% HLL 75% ML I would suggest getting 180 stam and ssi on jewls or armor not weapon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Use copper runic with power (4 charges per try) to get 100% HLL. It usually takes several runics (may be 6) to get one weapon.

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Use copper runic with power (4 charges per try) to get 100% HLL. It usually takes several runics (may be 6) to get one weapon.
Working, on the way....Thank you CorwinXX :)
Cazador, no SSI on the weapon, the template idea is to get it mostly from DF

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
the low weight property is the biggest joke that the developer has added to enhancing
That, lower requirements and durability -- they should be done away with like mage armor (where removable) and/or don't let us reforge them -- they hurt so many pieces

Lord Kotan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is there a chart that exist that shows how much property weight each runic can roll? on normal/powerful?

Example only, DC might can roll 110, while shadow 150, copper might cap out at 220? (talking property weights)

*How much difference is a val runic mallet/hammer without and with powerful?*

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First test on composite bows, ash runic, powerful, vampire.
100 bows, 50HML property 14, 50HML-40HSL + unwanted property 3, 50HML-40 HSL 2.

Last edited:

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Will try to update that with the next ones, some time needed to get the ash runics in heartwood

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't seem to have much luck with reforging. I used up 10 copper runics over 2 days and only got 1 Leafblade with 96 HML. I tried both Leafblades and Kamas. I got 2 Kamas with 70 HML and 2 or so Leafblades with 96 HLL. Not sure what to do with those.

As for Ash Runics, I've used 6400 boards before and didn't get an Ash Runic.

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Necronom, push a game to its limits always takes time. Especially if noboly sells the needed materials on your shard or if you don't have the gps to get them. I used more than 100.000 boards to get the ash runics needed to make the 100 bows. And for over one month I try to find in shame the jewel with only SSI needed for my archer. The last time, I found a 10 SSI brace at the third session. Boring. The only solution I've found is to make these tasks from time to time and be patient :) About copper runics, I think that Corwin had given some stats somewhere, I did not keep mine and it was about 100HLL. But what you say does not seem abnormal.

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes, I know.. It would make the game too easy as some would say. Patience is a virtue, although it isn't one of the ones in the game. Heh... 100k boards? Ugh... Yeah I want to find a ring and bracelet with 10 SSI, but so far only Cursed and not the other properties I would like. :) Can't have it all I guess... I did make a nice bow for my archer even though it doesn't have a super slayer. Unfortunately I didn't PoF it up ...

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone have any experimentation with reforging heartwood bows? I'm trying to make a repeater or a magical shortbow with:

spell chan -1
mage wep
dci
balanced
hit spell

I'm thinking heartwood kit, powerful, with charmed/of alchemy and exquisite of quality?
I'll burn a few hundred charges on TC and see what shakes out.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Update, can't use charmed/alchemy with heartwood, so I did equisit/quality and towering/defense.

I actually got some that were pretty close. I had a really sweet one, -15 mage, balanced, di, 35 DCI, spell channeling, but it was 70 HLA instead of hit spell.

After making that, I'd really like one on a prodo shard with HLA and one with hit spell. After about 1k charges I never did get a hit spell one, and only one of the HLA type. Reallly rare. .. might buy a butt load of kits on prodo and try it but man what a way to burn through some gold.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Changed my plan.. trying to make a -15 mage weapon bow, and hope that the other 1 or 2 properties fits with what I want to make and then imbue it up. I can get what I want with a whetstone, but its not as high of DCI or hit fireball that I wanted.

I used 360 charges of Ash Fletching kits and I didn't get a single -15 mage weapon. Using powerful, grand, inspired, exalted, acane of wizardry. Not a single one :(.

I got several -15's when using a Yew kit.

Semmerset's charts say Ash gives -15 mage weapon, can anyone confirm it works on ranged?

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Has anyone been able to reforge a bladed staff with 100% HLL and 100% HML? I burned through 800+ charges of copper runics, another 200+ of bronze, and even a gold and a valorite hammer. The best I could get were 75% in each, and 93% in one property but without the other.

Shoulda tried on Test first, but like a slot machine addict, I kept telling myself, "One more, one more will get it for me."

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Code:
spined=shadow=oak,bronz=ash,golden=horned          dull     dull+    shadow   shadow+    copper   copper+       oak      oak+       ash      ash+   spinned  spinned+
HPI weapon                                            2         3         3         3         4         4         3         3         4         4
HPI armor/shield                                      3         5         5         6         7         7         5         6         7         7         5         5
SI/MI/LMC weapon                                      2         4         4         4         5         5         4         4         5         5
SI/MI/LMC armor/shield                                4         8         8         8        10        10         8         8        10        10         8         8
STR weapon                                            2         4         4         4         5         5         4         4         5         5
STR armor/shield                                      3         4         4         4         5         5         4         4         5         5         4         4
DEX/INT weapon/armor/shield                           3         4         4         4         5         5         4         4         5         5         4         4
HPR/SR/MR weapon                                      2         3         3         6         6         6         3         6         6         9
HPR/SR/MR armor/shield                                2         3         3         3         4         4         3         3         4         4         3         3
HCI weapon                                            5        10        15        15        20        20        15        15        20        20
HCI ranged                                           15        20        25        25        30        35        25        25        35        35
HCI armor/shield                                      4         4         5         5         5         5         5         5         5         5         5         5
DCI weapon                                           10        15        15        15        20        20        15        15        20        20
DCI ranged                                           15        25        25        30        35        35        25        30        35        35
DCI armor/shield                                      4         4         5         5         5         5         5         5         5         5         5         5
Res/Ref weapon/armor/shield                          10        15        15        15        20        20        15        15        20        20        15        15
SSI weapon                                           20        30        30        35        35        40        30        35        40        40
SSI shield                                            5         5         5         5        10        10         5         5        10        10
DI weapon                                            30        50        50        60        70        70        50        60        70        70
DI shield                                            15        25        25        30        35        35        25        30        35        35
HM/HA/HLA/HSL weapon                                 30        50        50        50        70        70        50        60        70        70
HLL/HML weapon                                       15        25        25        25        30        35        25        25        35        35
HF/HMD/HLD weapon                                    30        40        50        50        50        60        50        50        70        70
Mage weapon                                          25        20        20        20        20        15        20        20        15        15
EP weapon                                             5        10        10        10        10        15        10        10        15        15
EP armor                                              2         2         3         3         3         3         3         3         3         3         3         3
Luck weapon/armor/shield                             80       100       100       120       130       150       100       120       150       150       100       120
Luck ranged                                          90       120       120       140       160       170       120       140       170       170
Elem weapon                                          60        70        80       100       100       100        80       100       100       100
Lreq weapon/armor/shield                             60        70        80       100       100       100        80       100       100       100        70       100
Eater armor/shield                                    9        12        12        15        15        15        12        15        15        15        12        15
Soul shield                                          15        20        20        20        25        30        20        20        30        30
LRC armor                                            10        20        20        20        25        25        20        20        25        25
CF armor                                              1         2         2         2         3         3         2         2         3         3         2         2
Vel ranged                                           25        35        40        40        40        45        40        40        45        50
Dur weapon/armor/shield                              90       100       110       140       150       150       110       140       150       150       100       140
Rep weapon/armor/shield                               2         4         5         5         6         7         5         5         7         7         5         5

Is there like a printable version of the table or would it be possible to have one, perhaps at the Stratics Resources Forum http://stratics.com/community/resources/ ?

Thanks !

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Paste and Copy the table to your favorite editor (probably Word or Excel). You may use 'Split to columns' command with 'by width' option in Excel.
You may also use 'print selection' command in your browser.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Paste and Copy the table to your favorite editor (probably Word or Excel). You may use 'Split to columns' command with 'by width' option in Excel.
You may also use 'print selection' command in your browser.

Hmmm, in Excel, after copying the table, the "paste special" only asks me whether I want to paste as HTML, Unicode text or plain text. I see no options of any paste "split to columns" together with a "by width" option.

Do I need to paste as plain text in Excel first and AFTER this, select it within Excel and apply the "split to columns" and the option "by width" ? If so, under which Menus can they be found ?

Thanks for the help.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
paste as usual
then Data -> Split

I tried it, pasted as text into the first cell and then went into Data and Split into Columns but it asks various questions while proceeding onto the various steps and in the end it comes all messed up with columns and lines somehow not matching up ....

I must be doing something wrong because it tells me that it can only split 1 column at a time (though over multiple lines). The thing is, that when I paste into the first cell, everything is in there, there is only 1 column, not multiple ones... Yet, there should be multiple columns and multiple lines....

Not really that straightforward as there is several steps to it, not merely a paste into columns....

Ok, figured it out, I needed to select "space" as the determining factor for creating the columns...
Thanks.

A few questions if I may, what does the "+" sign refer to ? Like Ash and Ash+, Copper and Copper+ and so forth...

Also, what does the property "Res/Ref" identify ?

And what about HM/HA/HLA/HSL ?
HLA should be Hit Lower Attack, HSL should be Hit Stamina Leech but I cannot find a HM or a HA .....

I assume that EP stands for Enhance Potions though I find it odd that it is for Weapons and Armor but not for jewellery ??

Elem stands for Elemental Damage ?

Eater is for Damage Eater ?

Soul I assume stands for Soul Charge though, according to UOGuide http://www.uoguide.com/Item_Property, this property only applies to Gargoyles and is only found on Artifacts. How can it then be reforged on any Shield?

CF stands for casting Focus ? If so, like for Soul Charge, according to UOGuide it only applies to Gargoyles and is only found on Artifacts (on Armor, Jewellery and Weapons).

If DUR stands for Durability, the max Durability that can come through reforging is 150 ?

Rep stands for Reactive Paralyze ? like the 2 above, again according to UOGuide it only applies for Gargoyles and only is found on artifacts on Shields but according to the Table it can be reforged to Armor, Weapons and Shields ?

Lastly, there is quite a number of item Properties missing from the table and yet existing in the game. All the properties missing from the Table can neither be imbued nor reforged or just they cannot be obtained trough reforging but they can be imbued ?
Just a few that come up my mind right away (but there are more...) are Splintering Weapon, Battle Lust, Blood Drinker, Use Best Weapon Skill, Spell Channelling, Self Repair and so on...

Thanks.

Last edited:

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have made my second set of 100 composite bows. This time I got 2 50HML 40HSL and 3 50HML 70HSL.
Corwin, I dont understand your "super slayer, 35 SSI, 48 HML, 36 HSL, 50 DI"
If I imbue a slayer on a 50HML 40HSL, I can add only 25SSI, and after ash enhancing I have Slayer 48HML 40HSL 35SSI 40DI (and 20 lower requirement) . I can change the mods after enhancing ?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
50 hml 70 hsl will be 37 hml after imbuing ssi
you will not be able to change mods after enhancing

Tsadkiel

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So I keep the same rate : 2 good ones for 100 bows (400 charges). A lot of work for a set of bows !

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What kind of weapon? Blood Drinker can only be crafted onto weapons that have the bleed special move. Since there are no runics for tinkering, the list get pretty short. Possible blacksmith Blood Drinker weapons can be found here - http://www.uoguide.com/Bleed_Attack

They are really rare to craft on a usable/functional weapon as there is no specific reforge pick so it must be a random roll and other (often useless) properties will be included (like luck, EP, etc,...). Good luck, you'll need it ;).

Sir-Crogus

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Thanks for the input! been rolling 1/40 or so out... was working with war fork rolling vampiric/of the vampire shadow hammer... it ALWAYS roles out -20 mage.... can I get a whetstone for this pleasssssse??? :p

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I was trying with metal armor, not bone, to get that pair. I am not sure I is possible, or if it is, it's really quite rare. The problem becomes that if you use a potent enough runic, you're going to get 3+ properties. If you use something "weak" you'll not get both maxxed.

If you can do it, you'd need to use a horned kit, and pick viscious/haste probably without powerful, but I am not sure.

I did my testing with bronze hammer on metal armor. I "only" tried 60 items, about half with and half without powerful, and I only ever got 5 HCI/8 si or 10 SI/4 HCI - and I am pretty sure those came without powerful. Powerful seemed to basically guarantee a 3rd property.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Your best bet is to just go ahead and get that 3rd property, and try to get in something you're going to imbue on the piece anyway.

Cryptoknight

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I'm trying to figure out how to make a Magical Shortbow with
Spell Channeling
Balanced
Velocity
HCI 15
DI 40

I know the DI comes from my GM Bowyer + GM Arms Lore

But what mats would people use to make this thing?