• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Reforging. How to

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How to forge damage eater on a plate?
Well just looking at the charts for a sec it looks like...

Shadow Runic caps out at 12 Damage Eater
Copper Runic caps out at 15 Damage Eater.

All Eaters are either in Mighty or Invigorating selections, but the thing I'm not sure about is if "Damage Eater" aka Damage Eater All is still Bugged with reguards to it's imbuing intensity... I think it might be which is why pieces with 15% DE are sooooo expensive.. (bc they effectively cannot be imbued .. I think DE is taking up too more imbuing weight than it should or something.. Actually ... I'm not sure. Just test it with reguards to imbuing.)

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have just got my hands on some cheap 100 use Yew runic saws, i was wondering if there was anything nice i could make with them in the way of Suits or weapons. all the charts here seem to be related to Oak or ash.

Elf.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I have just got my hands on some cheap 100 use Yew runic saws, i was wondering if there was anything nice i could make with them in the way of Suits or weapons. all the charts here seem to be related to Oak or ash.

Elf.
Ash runic is enough to reforge any mod for 140% intensity. You could try to reforge 2 mod that can't be imbued but... chances must be small compared to benefits.

There are very few items a carpenter may craft: bokuto, shield, woodland armor. (i don't count a black staff)

On woodland armor you usually need hci/dci and may be damage eater. It's task for an Oak tool.
On bokuto you usually want FC, SC, DCI, -15 mage. Even if you reforge a bokuto with -15 mage and 4 MR it will be useless without room to imbue FC/SC.
A wooden shield can be enchanced with 3 res while a metal shield can be enchanced with 17 (and there is no good material pros for shields to enchance).

I think you could try:
enchance -15 mage on a bokuto and hope that "extra mods" will be usefull (you need -15 mage, FC, SC, 15 DCI, 0 DI + 2 HPR from enchancing).
enchance 5 HCI/DCI on a woodland armor piece and hope to get 10 SI or 10 LMC as an extra mod (although I am not sure you will find a customer for this)

Acid Rain

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone know if its possible to get a piece of leather armor with +5str +5dex and maybe +10stam?
Ive burned couple hundred horned so far and closest was +5str +4dex +8stam. I'm using powerful with two names Animated Haste & Might of Vitality. Usually you get 3 or 4 mods but I need to imbue 2 mods myself so was hoping for a 3mod piece. Ive gotten a few +4str +4dex +8stam. Only a couple +5 in str OR dex but absolutely none with +5str +5dex regardless of any other mods. If its possible to get +5str +5dex with 2 mods to imbue, I'd take that in a heartbeat.

The dream piece was +5str +5dex +10stam with 2 mods left to imbue but that looks impossible.

Would be a crime to post in this thread w/o thanking Semmerset and everyone else that has made this headache of crafting bearable so a BIG shout out to all of ya's :)

Last edited:

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wanna know how this piece was made.....

Viscious Leather Gloves

5 HCI
3 HPR

No other mods. Not brittle etc. You can't choose Viscious/Slaughter with Horned Kit. Is this REALLY rolled by a Spined kid? 5 HCI and 150 intensity also for 3 HPR!?!

Also this piece (not that it's any good bc of the wasted mod)...

Leather Leggings of Slaughter

5 HCI
22 Physical resist
100% lower req

Last edited:

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Spined kits have given me HR3 and 4% DCI, but not both together. It's possible with a very lucky roll. But I don't know about 5% HCI...

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This item has only 1 package title ("Vicious"), so it has probably been crafted with a Horned Kit with only "Vicious" selected and the other half random, which happened to be HPR3... no big deal really

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This item has only 1 package title ("Vicious"), so it has probably been crafted with a Horned Kit with only "Vicious" selected and the other half random, which happened to be HPR3... no big deal really
Vicious/of Slaughter are actually the same choice in the reforging menu. A reforged item can be prefixed with "Vicious" or be suffixed "of Slaughter." The randomness is which name is given, and if there's a bonus property.

http://uo2.stratics.com/items/runic-re-forging

Lew could very well be right. Spoonyd, does the item say that it requires the Stygian Abyss expansion? That indicates a dungeon drop. Reforging items don't say that.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Vicious/of Slaughter are actually the same choice in the reforging menu. A reforged item can be prefixed with "Vicious" or be suffixed "of Slaughter." The randomness is which name is given, and if there's a bonus property.
Actually I know perfectly how reforging works, thanks :)
If you craft this specific piece with a Horned Runic and only 1 package selected, you get 2 to 4 properties, with one half (1-2) coming from the package selected, and the other half (1-2) random

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK, when you said just "Vicious" it seemed as if you thought it and "of Slaughter" were separate choices. But "Vicious/of Slaughter" cannot be chosen with a horned runic...

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK, when you said just "Vicious" it seemed as if you thought it and "of Slaughter" were separate choices. But "Vicious/of Slaughter" cannot be chosen with a horned runic...
It cannot be chosen, but you can still get the package if you select "Grand Artifice" without "Inspired Artifice"

The Zog historian

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's a good point, but wow, that would have to be a lucky roll! Still waiting on Spoonyd's answer.

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's a good point, but wow, that would have to be a lucky roll! Still waiting on Spoonyd's answer.
The item is exceptional with a "crafted by" tag. It cannot be made with a horned kit bc you cannot choose viscious as a possible title with horned. Talking about the gloves specifically.

Wizal the Fox

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read my message again, you CAN craft Viscious with a horned kit, only you cannot select it, you have to select a random package ("Grand Artifice" without "Inspired Artifice") and hope to roll Viscious

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Read my message again, you CAN craft Viscious with a horned kit, only you cannot select it, you have to select a random package ("Grand Artifice" without "Inspired Artifice") and hope to roll Viscious
That seems insane. Who would ever wanna try that?!?! Seems ballzy.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I suggest to use Animated/of Haste without Powerful reforging and to hope that you get clean 10 SI or 10 SI with a mod you're going to imbue.
Another possible option is to use Animated/of Haste with Powerful reforging and to hope to get 10 SI with some HCI/DCI.

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sent a message to both mods of this forum requesting for this thread to be stickied. Just too much good and vital information in here for it not to be.

Last edited:

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sent a message to both mods of this forum requesting for this thread to be stickied. Just too much good and vital information in here for it not to be.

As far as Reforging goes... Semmerset's Charts are GREAT if your just looking for 1 Reforge Mod, but where it gets confusing is for instance reforging 150 luck pieces and what OTHER possibilities come with 150 luck? I'd suggest we just make a list of the given MAX reforge mods and then what OTHER mods come with them when reforged with a given Runic level...

Something like..

150 luck is only possible with this Runic & X or Y Mods....
or Stamina Increase 10 comes with This Runic & WHAT other mods etc..

Just a Huge list built from everyone's experience.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Code:
spined=shadow=oak,bronz=ash,golden=horned          dull     dull+    shadow   shadow+    copper   copper+       oak      oak+       ash      ash+   spinned  spinned+
HPI weapon                                            2         3         3         3         4         4         3         3         4         4
HPI armor/shield                                      3         5         5         6         7         7         5         6         7         7         5         5
SI/MI/LMC weapon                                      2         4         4         4         5         5         4         4         5         5
SI/MI/LMC armor/shield                                4         8         8         8        10        10         8         8        10        10         8         8
STR weapon                                            2         4         4         4         5         5         4         4         5         5
STR armor/shield                                      3         4         4         4         5         5         4         4         5         5         4         4
DEX/INT weapon/armor/shield                           3         4         4         4         5         5         4         4         5         5         4         4
HPR/SR/MR weapon                                      2         3         3         6         6         6         3         6         6         9
HPR/SR/MR armor/shield                                2         3         3         3         4         4         3         3         4         4         3         3
HCI weapon                                            5        10        15        15        20        20        15        15        20        20
HCI ranged                                           15        20        25        25        30        35        25        25        35        35
HCI armor/shield                                      4         4         5         5         5         5         5         5         5         5         5         5
DCI weapon                                           10        15        15        15        20        20        15        15        20        20
DCI ranged                                           15        25        25        30        35        35        25        30        35        35
DCI armor/shield                                      4         4         5         5         5         5         5         5         5         5         5         5
Res/Ref weapon/armor/shield                          10        15        15        15        20        20        15        15        20        20        15        15
SSI weapon                                           20        30        30        35        35        40        30        35        40        40
SSI shield                                            5         5         5         5        10        10         5         5        10        10
DI weapon                                            30        50        50        60        70        70        50        60        70        70
DI shield                                            15        25        25        30        35        35        25        30        35        35
HM/HA/HLA/HSL weapon                                 30        50        50        50        70        70        50        60        70        70
HLL/HML weapon                                       15        25        25        25        30        35        25        25        35        35
HF/HMD/HLD weapon                                    30        40        50        50        50        60        50        50        70        70
Mage weapon                                          25        20        20        20        20        15        20        20        15        15
EP weapon                                             5        10        10        10        10        15        10        10        15        15
EP armor                                              2         2         3         3         3         3         3         3         3         3         3         3
Luck weapon/armor/shield                             80       100       100       120       130       150       100       120       150       150       100       120
Luck ranged                                          90       120       120       140       160       170       120       140       170       170
Elem weapon                                          60        70        80       100       100       100        80       100       100       100
Lreq weapon/armor/shield                             60        70        80       100       100       100        80       100       100       100        70       100
Eater armor/shield                                    9        12        12        15        15        15        12        15        15        15        12        15
Soul shield                                          15        20        20        20        25        30        20        20        30        30
LRC armor                                            10        20        20        20        25        25        20        20        25        25
CF armor                                              1         2         2         2         3         3         2         2         3         3         2         2
Vel ranged                                           25        35        40        40        40        45        40        40        45        50
Dur weapon/armor/shield                              90       100       110       140       150       150       110       140       150       150       100       140
Rep weapon/armor/shield                               2         4         5         5         6         7         5         5         7         7         5         5

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Can anyone tell me probability of getting 10 SI when reforging with Horned runic without powerful reforging?
Can anyone tell me probability of getting 10 SI + HCI/DCI when reforging with Horned runic with powerful reforging?

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can anyone tell me probability of getting 10 SI when reforging with Horned runic without powerful reforging?
Can anyone tell me probability of getting 10 SI + HCI/DCI when reforging with Horned runic with powerful reforging?

I really wish the DEVs could post the "Hows this work" side of reforging so that a formula or 10 later and we'd be able to answer these questions..

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
And It has been :)

Varingian

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you get any with 10 SI? If so what did it usually come with?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Did you get any with 10 SI? If so what did it usually come with?

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
Yes, I did. They usually come with other two modes. One of them often is DEX/SR (usually SR) but may be random. Another mod is random.
There are a lot of possible mods and only few of them may be counted as good (MI, MR, LMC, HPI, HCI, DCI).
I got one piece with 10 SI/4 DEX/4 HCI. Other pieces had SR or something completely useless.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Easiest for plain SSI 10 is with copper hammer + powerful. But if you need 5 mod mediable (Adding mage-armour to metal armours takes 1 slot) or 3% LMC bonus from stutted then copper hammer is not best.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Ok, so I have read through this whole thing, and I don't see much about reforging shields.

So, dose anyone have any advice for me? I have hammers through val. I was playing around on TC, and yikes, the results were quite varied.

My feeling is that 30 DI, 10 SSI and as much HCI as I can get would be the way to go, then I imbue with 15 DCI, and call it a done deal. I am open to the thoughts of others though.

So how do I go about this? I was playing around on TC and I got one shield exactly like this, and I think I used an agapite hammer, powerful + viscious + haste, but then I was trying to duplicate my results and wasn't able to after like 50 more tries. Did I really just have an insanely lucky roll on one of my first few tries?

Also, advice on how to best make use of my high end hammers would be nice...

NuSair

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you go back through and look at the charts provided by semmerset you'll see shields listed.

When you are trying for multiple mods like that, the chances are limited. And as you move up in power you get more mods anyway.

hiei5

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
What's the best way to reforge a bow with DI/SSI/HML/HSL/Slayer. I'm trying to get the 154 imbuing weight HML, but the Ash is to high and is always giving me a second useless property. What would be a good combo to go with to make sure I don't end up with a useless property?

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What's the best way to reforge a bow with DI/SSI/HML/HSL/Slayer. I'm trying to get the 154 imbuing weight HML, but the Ash is to high and is always giving me a second useless property. What would be a good combo to go with to make sure I don't end up with a useless property?
Oak + powerful does not give weight 154.

Oak + fundamental gives weight 154 (But do NOT go with this one :) )

If you really need weight 154 you should go with ash runic + powerful + vampire and hope second property hits on stamina leech. So you can get DI 40, HML 50 (weight 154) and HSL.

BUT here comes interesting part:

If you are doing DI/SSI/HML/HSL/Slayer COMPOSITE BOW with SSI 10. You need only imbuing weight 127 to get HML 50... And this is almost possible with oak runic + powerful (Gives max 120 imbuing weight) that means HML 47 with SSI 10.

And is 3% HML worth of loosing 34 imbuing weight.. I think not.

So if you are doing composite bow with SSI 10 you can go with oak runic + powerful with other ones go with ash runic + powerful.

Last edited:

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Use Ash without Power (3 charges per try). You must reforge 50 HML 30 HSL bow. Check intensity on a soulforge to be sure. It usually takes 20 runics (15-20m) to reforge one bow.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Use Ash without Power

Are you sure about this one? I think Ash + powerful gives lot more weight 154:s. I think you get almost double amount of 154:s with powerful.
Or was I just lucky with my testings?
In my testings it just take one more charge but doubles chance to get 154:s compared on "no powerful"

hiei5

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I've been using Ash, no powerful, and I've hit 154 HML with other random properties. Unfortunately, I'm going with 40 SSI on my composite bows (30 imbue plus enhanced Ash wood for another 10), so I'm going to need the max weight of the HML.

I should have made a record of what I got in my trials, I thought most of this stuff has already been figured out. I'll give it a few more runs with the Ash runic kits plus powerful to see how often I land the HML plus what other properties and post my results later.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I'll give it a few more runs with the Ash runic kits plus powerful to see how often I land the HML plus what other properties and post my results later.
Try this at test center :). I did only about 10 x runics so luck can play big part on my ash runic testings.

Ford Taunus

Sage
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
How many good bows have you got for 10 runics? (And how do good bows look?)

* Powerful was 12 overcapped HML, 2 good ones, 10 crap
* Not powerful 7 overcapped HML, 2 good ones also, 5 crap

total 20 ash runics burned 10 on both..

Notes:
- Cannot see difference between AMOUNT of properties.
- INTENSITY slight better with powerful

Last edited:

hiei5

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Man, this is depressing. 10 Ash runics burned with Powerful, and:

13 overcapped HML, 1 good one, 12 crap. They all landed 3 properties, with the only good one being one that had HSL and Chaos Damage 70%.

I definitely saw a lot more overcapped HML with Powerful though. But this is tough, it looks like I'm going to have to retweak my build and drop the SSI on the bow somehow. Thanks for the help Ford Taunus and CorwinXX.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I see. If you play on Europa I'd be glad to trade HML+HLL Composite Bows for Ash Fletcher Runic Tools or (even better) for HML+HSL Composite Bows (let's discuss ratio).