• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Reforging. How to

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
posting my results on ssi 40. burned 5 ash kits tonite with just the 1 shot charge. no strong no haste etc. got 2 40 ssi with 30 mana drain. damn difficult.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok.. so someone tell me if I'm going about this right..... I want to craft

100% Fire Soul Glaive
40 Hit Velocity

What I've been doing is using Dull copper runics & reforging with Inspired Artifice selecting Exquisite / of Quality & looking for the random roll of 60% fire to happen which I can then enhance with Bronze to make it 100% Fire Weapon. The confusion comes when I tried adding Velocity to the 5 Soul glaives that were 60% Fire. I was using Shadow Runic Hammers with Inspired (Exquisite / of quality) which is the best way I've seen to get 40% Velocity to Roll. The weird part is that of the 5 double reforged Soul Glaives I produced only 1 of the 5 had the Inspired Mod applied by the Shadow runic actually selected from Exquisite / of quality... Meaning I produced the following...

Self repair 5
Di 40
40% physical
60% Fire Damage
--------
Hit Point Regen 3
Di 40
40% physical
60% Fire Damage
--------
Defence Chance increase 15%
Di 40
40% physical
60% Fire Damage
--------
Stam Regen 3
Di 40
40% physical
60% Fire Damage

Gah... Well I had 5 of them not sure what I did with 5th atm.. Anyway as you can see the REGENS / DCI shouldn't have been applied by Exquisite etc.. It would make sense if I got 2 Mods off the Shadow Runic which I should I think but that's all I got... perhaps it something to do with Reforging Exquisite 2x? Anyway.. thx any insight would be appreciated.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Semmerset.. If you have them could you post the charts for Horned & Barbed Runic Sewing Kits ?
Barbed runic have max,so I dont need sheet.
Horned runic same golden runic.
And copper runic with powerfull reforging have property max,so bronz +horned+ash runic over have max.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok.. so someone tell me if I'm going about this right..... I want to craft

100% Fire Soul Glaive
40 Hit Velocity
If you want 1 reforging,you use bronze runic or copper runic.
40% hit velocity have 100 points,elemental damage 70% have 80 points,100% have 120 points.
However I think its very difficult.
you choose 1 word,so 1 property is from 1 word,but other is randum.

If you want only 2 property.
1. you make elemental weapon.dull or shadow runic use.word is Exquisite / of Quality
2. again you use shadow runic,and you reforge only elemental weapon.word is Exquisite / of Quality
3. after reforging enhanced.

Last edited:

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have a question for you reforgers out there. I bought a bokuto with -15 mage, spell channelling with no pen, and 15 dci. it was enhanced with bloodwood for hp regen 2 and life leech 16 but the last part is irrelevant and obviously was imbued. I just made a -15 mage with lightning on it. I took the lightning to 2% which adds only 5 to the imbuing running total. If i was to imbue spell channeling and then take of the FC pen, and add Dci 15. It gives you a total of 505 (5% extra for the lightning). however even without the lightning at all it would be at 500 and u can only imbue up to 450. So how in the world did this kid create this bokuto, what am i missing???? thanks for the help

jrede23

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im an idiot, guildy just answered my question. I didnt notice that it wasnt gm :(

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
semi san,

if i want to reforge damage eater without brittle or cannot repair do i have to use horned runic??

domo.
You want only 15% damage eater?
Spined runic ,use powerful reforging have 15% damage eater .(not negative)

why i log in is very hard :(

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
question for all of you reforgers... What do you make with the higher end smithy runics, like Verite and valorite?
Do you use them to reforge weapons, armor, or shields?
I have been saving them up for awhile and have 8 val and 14 verite hammers right now.
Just not sure which to go for yet..

What do you reforge?

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im trying to make a set of STR armor for my crafter.. im using spined kits, structural reforge and Mighty of Vitality.. is that the correct method?

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spined runic give STR4(no negative property).
You use no powerful reforging.
You choice sructral,if you have very lucky,you get only STR5.(not need powerful reforging)
However,I think a little hard way.

Tangled Metal

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is an excelent example of what I mean:
Finally, do the circlet last, it is the easiest part since you don't have to use any trick: you can get a plain 150 Luck with a copper hammer. You even get 1 more resist point because golden ingots adds 6 while spined leather adds 5. It also adds LowerReq30 even if you likely don't care :) But you can also still choose the ugly (and hardest to do) leather cap if you want of course.
What exactly do you check on the Copper runic to get just 150 luck? I cannot seem to get 150 luck to fall at all. Sucks to have TC being used as Shard of Screams...

xxrod17xx

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Here is an excelent example of what I mean:

The following text was posted in Reforging Work by Wizal the Fox

Horned Kit with Fortune package, No PowerReforging. Then you basically have 2 options:

- Either you select the Wizardry package. But due to the way the system is designed you will roll only 150 Luck with either MR3 or CastingFocus2, nothing else I believe (beside parts with less than 150 Luck of course). You can use this solution for one part, this is what I did on the Tunic. It leaves 2 slots and a weight of 100 to imbue, so 15 resists. Obviously you need to start with bases with 0 except points in at least one slot if you don't want to waste free except resist points by overimbuing them.

- Either you select the Defense package. This is what I did on all the other pieces but the Tunic, but this is extremely tricky:
Basically choosing the Defense package will roll Luck150 + ONE resist at +15 in about half the cases (in the other half it will roll 2 resists and under 150 Luck, you can of course trash those parts).
Can i just choose the fortune package to get 150 luck and then do all the rest in imbues? Or do I have to chose two names?

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What exactly do you check on the Copper runic to get just 150 luck? I cannot seem to get 150 luck to fall at all. Sucks to have TC being used as Shard of Screams...
How many you making?
You get a item of only 150 luck property,you need make 10-20 items.
And if you use copper runic,you add powerful reforging?
If you use horned runic, you can not chose powerful reforging.

Can i just choose the fortune package to get 150 luck and then do all the rest in imbues? Or do I have to chose two names?
If you want only luck 150,you chose 1 name.
I chose only luck 150,then imbuing,becouse I want resist(65-75),lrc and lmc and few mr.

Deception

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey semmerset -

First off, thanks for all your help thus far. Your contribution in this thread is amazing.

Second, I have a question. I want to make woodland armor with 5 DCI and 10 Stamina. Is there enough room using an Ash saw to get those two? I would use ash saw, powerful, towering/aegis, and animated/haste. I want only 5 DCI and 10 Stamina. Is this possible?

kongomongo

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Supporter
semmerset

Thanks so much for your help in everything, you are amazing!

Since you are always talking about the runic reforging weights or mods I was wondering if you have made a list of the mods?

You have posted the weights of the individual runics (like 60 dc, 100 shadow, etc.) but do you also have a list of the properties and what weight they consume?

Thanks a lot!

xxrod17xx

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
First I would like to thank semmerset for the luck info, big help, but I have hit my next wall with reforging. I would love to get 40 SSI on a soul glaive. I am using a Copper Hammer with powerful reforging, and 1 name "of haste". I went through 320 charges and never saw a one over 30 SSI. Just my luck? or am I doing something wrong?

PS I will have a hit spell effect, and wouldn't mind some velocity on it, so if there is a second name I could use let me know.

Lord Lew

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spined runic give STR4(no negative property).
You use no powerful reforging.
You choice sructral,if you have very lucky,you get only STR5.(not need powerful reforging)
However,I think a little hard way.
Thanks, I was very lucky, and since I was making this for my crafter, had no other need outside of str. Was just making a rut to max out my carry :)

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First I would like to thank semmerset for the luck info, big help, but I have hit my next wall with reforging. I would love to get 40 SSI on a soul glaive. I am using a Copper Hammer with powerful reforging, and 1 name "of haste". I went through 320 charges and never saw a one over 30 SSI. Just my luck? or am I doing something wrong?

PS I will have a hit spell effect, and wouldn't mind some velocity on it, so if there is a second name I could use let me know.
I've been trying to do this too. I have had a really hard time getting Glaives over 30 SSI. I burned 400 charges on a Copper on a production server. I was doing powerful, animated of haste with Exquisite of quality to get 40 ssi with velocity. By my math you have a 6% chance to roll both SSI and Hit Velocity in the same reforge.

BUT - the chances of SSI rolling for 40 are slim. I went on Test after that to see what I could do. 300 charges of Bronze, followed by 300 charges of Gold and I only had two Glaives come out with 40 SSI.

For all my testing I was using powerful, animated of haste with Exquisite of quality. I'm still experimenting on TC now.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A little off subject....

I found a cyclone while collecting Exodus keys that almost makes me wish I had a thrower, despite the negatives.

Cyclone
Negatives: Cursed, CBR, luck -100
Positives:
HLA 50%
HLD 50%
Hit Mana Drain 40%
HCI 25%
Int +4

That would be worth using until it broke, IMO.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you could quite easily reforge/imbue a cyclone like that Basara.

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
so idk if i missed it somewhere but from what im getting from thse charts t get 5 dci on some leather pieces i have to get to pick one title which is the tower/of aegis with a spined kit, can anyone confirm this?

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've been trying to do this too. I have had a really hard time getting Glaives over 30 SSI. I burned 400 charges on a Copper on a production server. I was doing powerful, animated of haste with Exquisite of quality to get 40 ssi with velocity. By my math you have a 6% chance to roll both SSI and Hit Velocity in the same reforge.

BUT - the chances of SSI rolling for 40 are slim. I went on Test after that to see what I could do. 300 charges of Bronze, followed by 300 charges of Gold and I only had two Glaives come out with 40 SSI.

For all my testing I was using powerful, animated of haste with Exquisite of quality. I'm still experimenting on TC now.
Any luck on the 40 ssi, velocity throwing weps, Lynk?

dlo88

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone have any tips on making 40 ssi bows to be enhanced to 50 ssi?

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You want not negative property.
You use ash runic and choose name Animated/Haste,but not need powerful reforging.

Still Decption and kongomongo,you have question?

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Anyone have any tips on making 40 ssi bows to be enhanced to 50 ssi?
i recently burned 5 ash kits per semi's instruction. i crafted to 40ssi bows both with 30 mana drain. imbued up and hit it with the special wood to get the 50 ssi. both were yumis

Last edited:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Any luck on the 40 ssi, velocity throwing weps, Lynk?
No luck at all :(. Not even on TC. I burned thousands of charges of different hammer types and didn't get a 40 SSI glaive with Velocity.

My newest endeavor, I'm trying to craft a repeater with 70 hit fireball or lightning, 50 velocity, balanced. So really I just need to reforge a repeater with 70 hit lightning.

According to Stratics I need to use the Vicious / Of Slaughter package.

I did no powerful or anything, and picked 1 package name (Vicious of Slaughter). I burned about 100 charges and every single repeater was 30 or 35 HCI with a random mod here and there. Can you not get 70 hit spell on ranged weapons?

Anthony G

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hi all, Fairly new to Reforging but i have been messing around with lower end runics.
I have a question for Summerset. I recently made a broadsword with a dull copper runic, it had 60 fire 40 physical elemental, so i had to enhance with bronze to get 100% fire.
If i wanted to make a 100% poison weapon, or 100% cold, would i have to use a higher runic? or can i get higher elemental than 60% with dull or shadow?
Also , to make 150 luck weapon and shield, what runic can i use.
Thank you

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No luck at all :(. Not even on TC. I burned thousands of charges of different hammer types and didn't get a 40 SSI glaive with Velocity.

My newest endeavor, I'm trying to craft a repeater with 70 hit fireball or lightning, 50 velocity, balanced. So really I just need to reforge a repeater with 70 hit lightning.

According to Stratics I need to use the Vicious / Of Slaughter package.

I did no powerful or anything, and picked 1 package name (Vicious of Slaughter). I burned about 100 charges and every single repeater was 30 or 35 HCI with a random mod here and there. Can you not get 70 hit spell on ranged weapons?
Hmm.. pretty sure you can only go over 50% Hit Spell on MELEE weapons. I just looked in the charts

http://stratics.com/community/threads/reforging-how-to.264020/

& didn't see that clearly posted there, but it would be an easy miss. A Max base dmg 45% Velocity 70% Fireball Soul Glaive would be insane otherwise.. 50+ per hit on avg heh.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea I was thinking dbl shot with a repeater :(.

Oh well scratch that idea.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all, Fairly new to Reforging but i have been messing around with lower end runics.
I have a question for Summerset. I recently made a broadsword with a dull copper runic, it had 60 fire 40 physical elemental, so i had to enhance with bronze to get 100% fire.
If i wanted to make a 100% poison weapon, or 100% cold, would i have to use a higher runic? or can i get higher elemental than 60% with dull or shadow?
Also , to make 150 luck weapon and shield, what runic can i use.
Thank you
100% poison weaon need shadow runic
100% cold weapon need shadwo runic,however dull runic give 70% cold and 30% physical,you can enhanced agapite.
Fire and cold = dull runic
Poison and enegry = shadow runic

And 150 luck weapon.you need copper runic :)

UltimaLordAmitlu

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was wondering what specifically reforging with the powerful name check does exactly. I've heard that it brings the intensities of the mods higher than usual and that it also gives the chance for a "random mod" as well if you reforge with it.

For instance if i was making a mage suit with all barbed runic and i wanted the HPR MR LRC LMC I should just reforge with invigorating and wizardry - powerful would just attempt to add an extra mod, wouldn't it? So there isn't a reason to use powerful when making that suit?

Or is it all of the above with powerful?
It gives a random mod, higher intensities, etc.

I'm just wondering if I should use it or not to burn these pieces.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Powerful reforging give more property weight.
I use barbed runic,I choice powerful reforging,so I want hight property weight.

Not use powerful reforging
ex. Luck 150
Horened runic give 150 luck.
If you choice no powerful reforging,you can choice luck word.
But you choice powerful reforging,you can not choice luck word.

Usually ,better useing is powerful reforging.

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can anyone tell me how to get a 190 luck spell channeling no -1 metal sword and metal shield please? can't figure it out :(

Last edited:

FreeBird of Mercenary Inn

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Reforging Name:
no name
Weapons:use best weapon skill,physical reflection,hit lower deffence
Range Weapons: physical reflection,hit lower deffence
Armor: physical reflection
Shield: physical reflection
OK , I am lost here...
What does "no name" mean?

I am trying for a reforged weapon with 70 hit fire area, and use best weapon skill.
I understad how to get the 70 hit fire area , but the use best weapon skill makes no sence to me.

Can anyone splain the "no name" concept to me?

Last edited:

RaistlinNowhere

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
can anyone tell me how to get a 190 luck spell channeling no -1 metal sword and metal shield please? can't figure it out :(
If you are going to use it with a char that havent got parry, you can use "brittle" ot "cannot be repaired" bad mods options, cause it wont drop durability. (that for shield)

And for weapon almost the same, i dont think you are going to hit with it hehe

Last edited:

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Is it possible to enhance 150 Luck items without using a Forged Metal tool?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
No.

The failure chance for luck is 30%+ (current luck/2)

That means that Failure on Luck enhances is automatic at 140 luck or higher, before the bonuses for GM (and those bonuses, even for a 120 Smith with a +60 ASH, top out at 100% failure at 148)

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guys could someone help me again?
I figured out how to craft 190 luck stuff for my tamer but i got another problem..
I'd like to craft a platemail suit for my sampire(head sleeves chest gloves) with the highest si,mi,lmc and resists possible...
For example SI 10 Mi 8 lmc 8 and high resists?Is it possible it's better to imbue those pieces?

I was thinking of crafting exceptional agapite partsfor fire boost) then reforge for 10 si then imbue lmc mi and two resist. The problem is I don't know what hammer and what to select to get the 10 si on each piece.
Or i should craft normal iron pieces, reforge then imbue and enhance with agapite?
If someone helps me ill post my results :)

Last edited:

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Reforging Name:
no name
Weapons:use best weapon skill,physical reflection,hit lower deffence
Range Weapons: physical reflection,hit lower deffence
Armor: physical reflection
Shield: physical reflection
PLZ oh dear GAWD PLZ , can sumone explina this "no name" thing to me?
I been playin with this for ages and cant figure it out.
I am after a 105 RPD suit for my caster and I cant not for the life of me figure out how to reforge a pc with the RPD , must less get the 20%.

Gettin desperate!:(

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
PLZ oh dear GAWD PLZ , can sumone explina this "no name" thing to me?
I been playin with this for ages and cant figure it out.
I am after a 105 RPD suit for my caster and I cant not for the life of me figure out how to reforge a pc with the RPD , must less get the 20%.

Gettin desperate!:(
OK.. I just went and looked at the Various Named groups of Properties.. Wizardry / Vicious / Invigoration etc... Reflect Physical Damage ISN'T listed so the way I interpret the "No name" Category is that when you reforge your armor or shield you make NO Specific Named selection using inspired or grand artifice. Actually it looks like from the charts you need to be using a Copper hammer for Metal armor to hit 20% RPD or a Horned Runic Kit (spined caps out at 15% RPD) to be hitting 20% RPD on Leather armor. Because there is no specific category containing Reflect Physical Damage your going to be looking for a Random roll of the dice out of all possible properties which is a SUPER Pita... I'd try to confirm this on Test Center, but this is what I'd assume semmersets post meant.

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
OK.. I just went and looked at the Various Named groups of Properties.. Wizardry / Vicious / Invigoration etc... Reflect Physical Damage ISN'T listed so the way I interpret the "No name" Category is that when you reforge your armor or shield you make NO Specific Named selection using inspired or grand artifice. Actually it looks like from the charts you need to be using a Copper hammer for Metal armor to hit 20% RPD or a Horned Runic Kit (spined caps out at 15% RPD) to be hitting 20% RPD on Leather armor. Because there is no specific category containing Reflect Physical Damage your going to be looking for a Random roll of the dice out of all possible properties which is a SUPER Pita... I'd try to confirm this on Test Center, but this is what I'd assume semmersets post meant.
Yes this is indeed the case, I did some testing on TC and out of 88 items reforged i got 2 with RPD one at 10% one at 15% using Spined
With a Horned I had much more success, I got about 9 pcs with RPD on them , one at 10 rest but two at 15 last two were 20, so Horned DOES drop the rpd at a higher rate and intensity , problem is evry PC reforged had 3 properties... since and suit is built for class specific, this is a problem!

Odds on getting a PC with all properties for that class, slim to none...
I do not see the pay off here buring thru so many runics for that one "rare" pc you are going to imbue anyways and have it go poof down the road, imho.

So reforging a pc with no name is same as just making the PCs with the runic, ONLY differance IS that you have a shot at properties not availible in making or imbuing the pc.

I also learned that simply picking the first artiface ONLY , is the same as a randomn named artiface reforge.
That is to say , evry PC reforged will be named , but each one will be different...

hope this lil bit I added hlps...

UHG , back to the gear grind ! :mad:

UOPlayer

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am having issues with reforging. Any and all help will be appreciated. Here are my current issues:
1) How do I craft a 190 luck weapon? I am using a copper runic hammer. I select Powerful reforging and one name (Auspicious of Fortune). The best luck weapon (dagger) I get is 100.
2) Same issue as #1 but for a shield. How do I do it?
3) A post said to create leather armor to craft a base leather item with two something (I did not understand) but the odds were 0.1%. What is the something and how do I do that?
4) In the same thread there was discussion of burning Barbed Runics rather than trying to go #3. I do not see the Luck option for Barbed kits. So...how does everyone get these 190 luck items with uber resists and such?
5) How do I make items that are over 500 weight for imbuing? All the armor I made with 150 luck (horned runic kits) still have only 500 weighting and 190 current weight.
6) Once I have these 150 luck pieces do I enhance with Spined leather (or gold ingots) to add the 40 extra luck? If so, why do I need a forged metal tool and how do I use it?

Thank you for your patience and help!

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
190 luck requires 150 luck from reforging, plus enhancing with the forged metal tool.

The forged metal tool guarantees success - otherwise, you will fail 100% of the time, as the formula for enhancing luck is failure = 30%+(current luck/2)

140 luck before enhance is ALWAYS a break if the luck is changed by the enhance.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
You want only 15% damage eater?
Spined runic ,use powerful reforging have 15% damage eater .(not negative)

why i log in is very hard :(
Mightly/of Vitality or Invigorating/of Restoration?

p.s. What is imbuing weight of 15% damage eater (all damage)?

Last edited: