• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Reforging. How to

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
I believe that for Oak/Shadow runics chances to get 5 HCI are higher with Powerful Re-forging... and may be for Spined runic as well.

Driven Insane

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I crafted 8 leather leggings and then followed Corwin's advice.

Got 4 pieces with +5 HCI and did not lose any of them when I enhanced with Barbed Leather.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I believe that for Oak/Shadow runics chances to get 5 HCI are higher with Powerful Re-forging... and may be for Spined runic as well.
5HCI dont need powerful reforging for shadow/spined/oak runic.

PuckOfPacific

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So Could I use An ASH runic saw on a bokuto (reforging) to make it 100% elemental damge and then because it doesnt count reforge with a heartwood for other mods? So what I'm after is 100% elemental then high self repair and hit mana leech for the mods. does using the heartwood saw give me other random mods too? and then if i get those 3 mods i can use forged tool to enhance with say Yew or Bloodwood? Is this Idea plausible?

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
So Could I use An ASH runic saw on a bokuto (reforging) to make it 100% elemental damge and then because it doesnt count reforge with a heartwood for other mods?
No.
After reforging a bokuto with an ASH runic you will get somethink like "bokuto, re-gorged [minor]". You can't reforge an item twice.

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So Could I use An ASH runic saw on a bokuto (reforging) to make it 100% elemental damge and then because it doesnt count reforge with a heartwood for other mods? So what I'm after is 100% elemental then high self repair and hit mana leech for the mods. does using the heartwood saw give me other random mods too? and then if i get those 3 mods i can use forged tool to enhance with say Yew or Bloodwood? Is this Idea plausible?
Yes it is (or was until very recently, haven't tried lately) possible to reforge an item twice, provided that the first reforge gives only elemental damage and no other mods.

PuckOfPacific

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
So I tried it on test center and made bokuto's that had only ele mod then reforged them again with the heartwood and got some neato ones then enhanced with heartwood so far. no breakages s yet (i did have to try a few times on enhancing though and made some 7 mod items not realy exactly what i was shooting for but still neato ones, and no forged tool to do it!

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. But with powerful re-gorging IMHO chances to get 5 HCI are higher.
Do you want other property?
Powerful reforging get 5 HCI and one property.
Only 5 HCI,non powerful reforging is better.

L

lit2fly

I guess power reforging is only applied to intensity but not no. of properties?

I

icd

Hello, im new in UO can you advice on getting the best armor possible??
I was looking for a armro with Mana Regen 2 + Mods what mod would be the best???
is possible to make Mana regen 2+HCI + HDI+Stamina Increase?
thanks a lot !​
any imbuer on Atlantic???​

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really need to build a spread sheet and work out from there what you want, what can be achieved by reforging, what each wood or leather type will add, how many pieces your going to make, what artifacts your going to use etc. You need to provide alot more info for someone to be able to help you more, again a spread sheet in excel is the easiest way to go.

These links will help you see what wood or leather will add when enhanced, so you can work out how to go about it.

Leather - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia
Board - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Thunderz

Thunderz

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You really need to build a spread sheet and work out from there what you want, what can be achieved by reforging, what each wood or leather type will add, how many pieces your going to make, what artifacts your going to use etc. You need to provide alot more info for someone to be able to help you more, again a spread sheet in excel is the easiest way to go.

Look at post #25 on the first page the table shows you what runic to get SI10 on armour.

I wouldnt waste an imbue slot on mage armour for wood id use leather as wood is only gona give you +4 reists more than barbed, you can use that spot to reforge HCI on leather.

These links will help you see what wood or leather will add when enhanced, so you can work out how to go about it.

Leather - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia
Board - UOGuide, the Ultima Online encyclopedia

Thunderz

stmac1988

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
well I give up on trying to learn this reforging for now, any reforgers on atl who want to do some work :D icq me pls 600-424-712

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
40 ssi bow
You use ash runic.
Grand Artifice,Inspired Artifice (choose name Animated/of Haste)

Animated/of Haste have 5 property,and the maximum is not attached easily.
good luck.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello, im new in UO can you advice on getting the best armor possible??​
I was looking for a armro with Mana Regen 2 + Mods what mod would be the best???​
is possible to make Mana regen 2+HCI + HDI+Stamina Increase?​
What char you use? and best is your favorite.
PvP warrier dont need mana regan ,but other char need mana regan.

Only spined,dull,shadow,oak runic can choose name Viciouse/Slaughter(HCI).
But they have not many reforging points.
So 5HCI +5 DCI peice have no brittle,no fundamental( can not repair) ,its impossible.
If you use high runic reforging,it can make,but you need real luck :D
(you hope add hci ,but random)
Or heartwood enhance for 5HCI( 1/7 probability)

spoonyd

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone have data on Yew kits and Bronze hammers to add to the lists already created here?

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bronze runic same ash runic.
So you check ash runic chart.
Yew runic same agapite runic,I think over gold runic have chance for max property with nothing.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok I just burned through 100 ash fletching charges and 100 ash carp charges.

For carpentry armor, I was trying to make woodland pieces with 10 stam and then have the second property fall as either LMC, MR, MI, HPI, HCI, or a resist. 100 charges and not one usable piece, is that normal?

For fletching, I was trying to make 40 SSI yumi, with the second mod being usable as 4 stam, hit lightning, hit velocity, di, etc. 100 charges and not one usable bow there either.

Is that normal? If so I don't think I'll have the tolerance for reforging...

Heimi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sounds pretty normal to me, for bows I usually get quite a few with 4 Dex and 40 SSI but I've yet to see a clean properly usable 40 SSI bow.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did they change something with heartwood enhancing?

I just reforged some really good pieces and enhanced with heartwood but did not get any extra properties added. Only benefit I saw was increased resists. And it there was not the added durability either, because the second piece I forgot to fort up so it was only 53 durability and still is... Pics below, included the yumi just because of how sweet it is.

Serafi

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh wow Lynk, that is a lovely Yumi. So I gather you were successfull at last then.
Ok I just burned through 100 ash fletching charges and 100 ash carp charges.
100 was not enough obviously, how many kits did you burn in the end?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No change that I'm aware of. The info I have on the material bonuses page says:
* Heartwood Armor also has one random property from the following list: Luck 40, Durability 50%, Lower Requirements 20%, Damage Increase 10%, Lower Weight 50%, Hit Chance Increase 5%, Mage Armor
The only thing I don't know is, what's the normal weight of those items?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@ Serafi - took about 200 Ash fletching charges to get 40 SSI and a second usable mod. I was pretty picky though. Had to be either stam inc, hit fatigue, hit mana drain, or balanced for me to even consider it.

@ lit2fly - I'm not familiar with what you are saying. It basically looks to me like if an item is reforged it doesn't get the property bonus from enhancing. I haven't been playing for the last few months though, so maybe I missed something about that being intended.

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Seriously, wtf. I got home tonight and this time crafted gloves out of heartwood to get 5 hci, then tried to reforge to get HCI to stack but it won't let me reforge something already crafted out of heartwood? Is it not possible to get over 5 HCI on an item anymore?

L

lit2fly

Seriously, wtf. I got home tonight and this time crafted gloves out of heartwood to get 5 hci, then tried to reforge to get HCI to stack but it won't let me reforge something already crafted out of heartwood? Is it not possible to get over 5 HCI on an item anymore?
you can, but you need to reverse the steps... craft the gloves with plain wood,
then reforge, hopefully you will get the 5 HCI, then enhance with heartwood and pray for the additional 5 HCI. in this way you can get 10 HCI in total

L

lit2fly

@ lit2fly - I'm not familiar with what you are saying. It basically looks to me like if an item is reforged it doesn't get the property bonus from enhancing. I haven't been playing for the last few months though, so maybe I missed something about that being intended.
you are not getting nothing, you are
getting the reduced weight (by half) property from enhancing with heartwood. say normally a pair of gloves weight 4 stones, it's is possible to make it weight 2 stones by enhancing it with heartwood as one of the bonus properties is weight reduction by half. and I was saying this bonus property is one of the biggest jokes that the developer has added to enhancing: who fuxking care about the weight of your armor?

Gorbs

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lit2fly answered the question - the vulture helm weighs 5 stones, but after enhancing with heartwood yours now weighs 2 stones.

To clarify something they said, you have to make items out of normal wood, iron, or leather to reforge them. You can then enhance those reforged items using special materials afterwards. If you craft from a special material it won't let you reforge.

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi guys, I would like to reforge woodland armor pieces with 5HCI and 1 random resist.
Im using Oak with Grand/Inspired(Vicious/OfSlaughter)/Exalted/Sublime(Fortified/OfDefense) and most of the time im getting 4 HCI and only 10 extra points of a random resist. 10 is a bit low, i'm looking to get 15 as semmerset's sheet says i could get. I've tried with Powerful too, but I still get only those 10 extra resists and not 15. With ash, I cannot choose Vicious/OfSlaughter so im out of ideas. Help? Thanks.

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Can someone tell me how I would get 10 stamina on a piece of leather armor?
Can this be done with a barbed kit, say haste and defense with power reforge?

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To get +10 stam you do:

horned kit, powerful, inspired, choose animated / of haste

You will get other mods and have to roll the dice quite a bit to get the ideal combo. I did woodland armor, reforged with ash dovetails, and then enhanced with heartwood to get hci pieces. It took a long time and way too much resources. I don't recommend it.

thechuck

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ok..
How about adding 25% lrc? What would be the best route for that on leather armor?

SlobberKnocker

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
i know that spoon, however i only made brittle pieces and wanted to re confirm what i was doing wrong if anything.

also on the chart it says 40ssi is possible with an oak kit however lynk makes reference it needs to be an ash kit.

if anyone can shed light on this i'd appreciate it.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you want use oak runic for 40 ssi.
It have structural( brittle) or fundamental( can not repair) or both.
So no negative property 40 ssi need ash runic.

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Question: I am trying to make a wooden shield with 10 SSI and 150 Luck. I have been using an Ash Runic dovetail Saw and after a lot of tries, the best I have gotten is 150 Luck with SSI 5 and Luck 100 with 10 SSI. Am I just having a run of bad luck? or, Is there a way to use a Yew Runic Saw to make this shield? I have tried a few ways and have not figured it out. Thanks in advance for your help.

semmerset

Seasoned Veteran
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ash runic have few points for reforging,so its impossible for luck150 and 10 ssi.
So you use yew runic(if 2 property and not use powerful reforging 300points),it have points for luck150(160) and 10 ssi(140).

dozo yorushiku onegaishimasu.

wakarimashita. domo arigato gozaimashita.
Your japanese is better than my english!

REEFHAWK1969

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ash runic have few points for reforging,so its impossible for luck150 and 10 ssi.
So you use yew runic(if 2 property and not use powerful reforging 300points),it have points for luck150(160) and 10 ssi(140).

Your japanese is better than my english!
Thanks for your explanation. I guess I have to give up my quest. I tried using a Yew Saw and did not select Powerful Reforging. However, I am not offered the the Auspicious of/Fortune option.

Vexxed

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Semmerset.. If you have them could you post the charts for Horned & Barbed Runic Sewing Kits ?