• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging 70% Hit Spell

Turkish

Journeyman
So, I've done a bit of searching on the forums but can't seem to find anything concrete. I've spent over 2k charges on copper runics with Exalted, Vicious/of slaughter (alternating between powerful and not) and haven't had a single over capped hit spell. In fact, I received one 60% hit area from all of that.

I also recently read that adding structural makes it easier, but that costs a lot of POF since you have to POF it before you reforge. I was going to copy to TC since it is expensive to experiment with that, but Baja won't let me copy anywhere until the patch goes WW.

So, does anyone have a consistent way of reforging 70% hit spell on blacksmithed weapons?

Turkish

Journeyman
You dont need to apply POF before reforging.
Well I mean for using "structural" while reforging. From my understanding and limited experience, when using structural your weapons will come out "brittle" which means you can't add POF after, correct?

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try this: 70% Hit Spell: Copper hammer + Powerful + Slaughter

If you are getting brittle, you're doing it wrong. You can reforge PvM weapons that dont come with brittle.

Turkish

Journeyman
Try this: 70% Hit Spell: Copper hammer + Powerful + Slaughter

If you are getting brittle, you're doing it wrong. You can reforge PvM weapons that dont come with brittle.
Ok, I may have not been clear on my first post. The whole brittle part came from me reading about someone using structural re-forging to increase odds of overcapped hit spell. I tried it a couple times, realized that they will all be brittle, and decided not to try unless I was on TC to confirm that they do have a much higher chance. This wasn't something that I was trying regularly.

So, I have been using copper, with powerful of slaughter (exalted artifice) and have used over 2,000 charges of copper hammers with not a single over-cap of hit spell. Is this normal? I'm just wondering if I'm doing something terribly wrong, if I'm really unlucky, or if this is pretty average for trying to reforge hit spell. I haven't done a whole lot of reforging so I don't really know how many hammers should be used to craft a single weapon. What is your success rate with reforging overcapped hit spell?

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
are u trying to get on bows/throwing/melee one handed or 2nd handed weapon?

Turkish

Journeyman
Right now I've been trying to get 2 handed blacksmithed weapons. Currently a Spear to be precise.

I would be interested in throwing weapons eventually, and I would be interested in bows but read you can't get overcapped hit spell on bows.

sirion

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Maybe every 10 hammers I would expect to get 1~2 good ones if I'm lucky, but can go up to 20 hammers or more.

Turkish

Journeyman
Update for future reference:

Copper hammer: Powerful, Inspired Artifice "Vicious/ of Slaughter".

It seems my biggest problem was using Exalted Artifice. While using Inspired Artifice I manage to reforge 3 weapons with 70% hit spell with only 3 hammers.

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have only tried reforging once, as I don't quite understand it, either. Your post has added to my limited reforging knowledge base. Thanks.