• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Imbuing] Reforging -15 Mage Weapon Bow

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've made plenty of -15 mage weapon bokutos, but I'm really struggling with the bows.

I went through ~300+ Ash Fletching kit charges today with no luck.

I've tried:

Powerful with 1 named property (4 charges)
Non Powerful - 1 named property (3 charges)

I'm using arcane of wizardry

I can get -20 mage weapon to roll easily, but not a single -15 mage wep. Not even an unusable one with other properties, just no -15.

Is Ash the right tool for fletcher mage weps? I burned 4 yew kits and got a plethora of -15 weps using similar reforging, but they had junk properties I couldn't use.

Anyone have experience with this?

Last edited:

Lorax_Pacific

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was going to say its based on max runic intensity of 75% for ash, but you're successful with saws. Don't know...maybe the true intensity max for saws and fletching tools is different.

-Lorax

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was thinking maybe the ranged intensity is different than melee.

It is incredibly frustrating.

The only one I was able to make was:

-15 mage wep
3 HPR
30 SSI

Made with Yew Fletch Kit, powerful, arcane of wizardry package.

I burned quite a few yew, heartwood, etc.

I ended up finding a non-exceptional composite bow with -15 mage on a vendor for a couple hundred thousand gold.

I imbued/enhanced to:
-15 mage
spell chan -1
balanced
24 life leech
2 hpr
10 dci

Enchant weapon for 60 fireball... it serves the immediate purpose.

What I really want is an exceptional repeater with -15... ughhhhhh

Last edited:

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wtf.. i dont believe it. I went through 700 charges and didn't even get 1 with -15 mage. what the hell.

Necronom

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ouch... The one I got on TC was within 7 or 8.. Getting an exceptional was the tedious part..

Lynk

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well, total ASH charges spent was about 1500 to get this. I must just be unlucky. Not counting all the Yew and Heartwood charges.

End result is the bow I wanted. Full disclosure, I do have enchant weapon on in this pic but its still pretty sweet.