• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Reforging 100% HLL and 100% HML

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I'm wondering if anyone has tips on how to overcap both hml and hll on a longsword? All of my ssi is on my suit so I don't need the "over-overcap" where the leeches are actually higher than 100%, just a regular 100% (or is 96% the next lowest intensity?). I'm playing around on test and I think I might be able to do it with bronze hammer>powerful>vampiric but I figured someone else might have some advice. @CorwinXX ?

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Bronze can't do it. Well, that may not be correct, but a while back on TC I was trying to use bronzes to get 2 overcapped properties. After 250 reforges, none had had 2 over capped. Maybe it's 1 in 1000, but I'm not sure that the value of 100 HML vs 86 is worth the marginal value between 1 copper hammer and 50 bronze hammers.

Problem wit going with a gold or more hammer is that you're now all but guaranteed to get some property you don't want...

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I think you're right, Tuan. It might be possible with bronze but insanely unlikely. I'm going to test gold hammers next, I was going to imbue hsl anyway so that would be an acceptable third mod, though again I'm getting into needing a perfect storm from the RNG which seems to be designed to spite us.

CorwinXX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
As to me 87 HML on a Longsword is enough in most case.

You could want 100 when:
- you don't have slayer and hasn't be able to start honorable attack but you want to chain AI
- a boss blocks a lot (some blackthorne masters)
- a boss uses mana drain a lot (like Cora)
- a boss use mirrow images a lot (like Travesty)
But even in those cases you can still do well with 87 HML

Probably I'd used 87/87 HLL/HML Longsword:
- to save intensity for other mods
- to reforge something else: elemental damage on regular weapon and mana drain/hit fatigue on special weapon (against some concrete bosses)

Lord Taliesin

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This particular character is old school 120 swords/tactics/anat/heal/parry/resist. I use slayers for damage mod and just use a different character for things without a slayer. Longswords at 1.25 with ssi on suit with 87 hll/hml, 50 hsl, slayer and 25 DI. With legendary pieces I've been able to move all of my DI off of the weapon and so I could make longswords with 100hml/hll but I think reforging several of them would take 100s of hammers. I think I'm just going to reforge hml and figure out what to do with the left over imbuing weight.