• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reforging 100% ele. Exceptional vs npc bought

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Hi .. I'm just trying to figure it out all the crafting things :D
I'm crafting 100% ele weapons for my warrior. Maybe the question is really stupid, but anyway :D

what's the difference between using an exceptional crafted weapon and a npc one ? I had some 100% straight from the npc, and this way I don't have to use the whetstone (that is a pita to grind) to remove DI ?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Hi .. I'm just trying to figure it out all the crafting things :D
I'm crafting 100% ele weapons for my warrior. Maybe the question is really stupid, but anyway :D

what's the difference between using an exceptional crafted weapon and a npc one ? I had some 100% straight from the npc, and this way I don't have to use the whetstone (that is a pita to grind) to remove DI ?
Exceptional has more imbuing weight. Aka you can add more mods/intensity.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

King Greg

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
-50% imbuing weight for non Exceptional. Only useful for 2 handed weapons because you can still fit a lot for 550% total weight.

samaelmcgovern

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Thx :) Actually I'm doing double axes ... for example :

I just got a 10% ph / 90% fire. I imbued 4 slots ( slayer, HML, HSL, HLD) and I can't imbue more. If I enhance with bronze, I should have the 100% fire. Will this free a slot (the one occupied by 10% physical) so I can add another property with imbueing ?

Also, I read somewhere that the enhancement is done after imbueing .. is this right or it's better to enhance right after the reforge to avoid loosing milions if things go wrong ?

Xris

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thx :) Actually I'm doing double axes ... for example :

I just got a 10% ph / 90% fire. I imbued 4 slots ( slayer, HML, HSL, HLD) and I can't imbue more. If I enhance with bronze, I should have the 100% fire. Will this free a slot (the one occupied by 10% physical) so I can add another property with imbueing ?

Also, I read somewhere that the enhancement is done after imbueing .. is this right or it's better to enhance right after the reforge to avoid loosing milions if things go wrong ?
Negative, it will not add a slot. Just fyi remember to PoF before imbuing.

Sent from my SM-J337VPP using Tapatalk

Ang7

Sage
UNLEASHED
Enhancing armor after all imbuing is done helps the end result. The enhancement adds to the weight of the piece so you should do that last. If you enhance before imbuing armor you lose some weight that can be used for stats.

weapons can be enhanced before imbuing because elemental damage doesn’t add a mod or anything to imbue weight.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Last I checked, there were still some items out there that, if by some miracle you find one that was elemental damage as its only property, you could still reforge it. But that was a couple years ago. Somewhere around my house I have a looted 100% elemental item that I reforged, if I didn't give it to someone.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
If you are reforging for 100 fire do first without tool because the success rate is like 90 percent or more if you use a ash hammer with a good trinket.
Also with double axes I use NPC 550 weight I just short the stam leech a lil from max at end and it works out fine saving me millions.

Fortis

Sage
Stratics Veteran
yeah most double axe no need to be execptionnal for what you need to fit on it..i lost money for useless whetstone before