• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reflections ...

C

Capn Kranky

I find it interesting that in the midst of the new account management system, I was ridiculed by a few persons for just giving up, packing up my cash and going elsewhere to play - walking with the wallet. Now there's this rash of accounts who got locked out for some reason - some actually getting back in after some period of time. Others still are locked out of UO.

Ongoing issues with the new system also tie into a long-standing gripe: the lack of knowledgeable, communicative Customer Support (phone or in-game). Amazingly (or not) when one needs phone support for UO one must call the number and select the Warhammer/DAoC option from the automated menu!

After all this poo-slinging that some will think this is I want to make damn sure this is understood: UO has some truly slick features that no one has ever been able to get right or implement well. Housing, sandbox skills (not a tree forced on you), terrifically large list of mob foes ... the list can go on.

However, I find that with these recent issues of lock-outs, lack of communication, etc that I feel more justified in closing the accounts. If I cannot rest assured that my financial arrangement with EA is safe, I can't really enjoy playing the game. That's why I left and my stuff is all banked (yes, I might come back).

Just saying ... feel free to flame away, agree or just shrug it all off. Your choice.

EDIT IN: Appears the auto-renew was shut off on some (or all) of these accounts. My question is "ummm, why?"

If it was to renew, why didn't the doggone flag stay set and why was it not verified by EA against the original account info of the old system? Oh yeah - it's because things like this are perfectly executed right off the bat.

curlybeard

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Agreed. One use dye doesn't cut it. What is needed is more communication from anyone vaguely UO related in an official capacity, in general.