• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reflections of passion..

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
This is a title from a Yanni musical. My Hero, a rags to riches world renowned composer and artist.
Awesome musical on utube..Listen to it if you wish..Anyways.

We are all here passionate about this crazy game. We have proven it by staying on through so many upheavals through the years..

My question is : Is there a way we dedicated addicts can help bring in more subs?

Also : What has EA/BS done in terms of advertising the game?
What media have they approached/advertized on?
How do we encourage EJ's to sub?
How do we spread the good word about the game?

Any thoughts appreciated.

PageBoy

Journeyman
My question is : Is there a way we dedicated addicts can help bring in more subs?
Nope, because this game has no appeal on the younger generations.
You can bring back a vet for a couple of months, but you can’t convince a teenager to play “a sh*itty old 2d game with antique mechanics”

Times have changed and sadly UO belongs to the past

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always liked to board new players onto the game when I was more active. But Devs do everything to stop that. Nowadays I can't even take an EJ player to my private home to make him a 70s suit. IMO you are wasting your time fighting against the development team and a large amount of vets that don't want any new players to possibly share stuff with. I stopped picking up new players though since it's not worth the time and frustration the Devs put onto me. Good luck!

The only advertisment I have seen in recent years was advertisment for a 3rd party gold seller on the official UO facebook page. Go figure..

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I always liked to board new players onto the game when I was more active. But Devs do everything to stop that. Nowadays I can't even take an EJ player to my private home to make him a 70s suit. IMO you are wasting your time fighting against the development team and a large amount of vets that don't want any new players to possibly share stuff with. I stopped picking up new players though since it's not worth the time and frustration the Devs put onto me. Good luck!

The only advertisment I have seen in recent years was advertisment for a 3rd party gold seller on the official UO facebook page. Go figure..
Ok if you're so paranoid that you can't set your house to public and let an EJ in, you're not exactly cut out to be a UO ambassador...sorry.

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This is a title from a Yanni musical. My Hero, a rags to riches world renowned composer and artist.
Awesome musical on utube..Listen to it if you wish..Anyways.

We are all here passionate about this crazy game. We have proven it by staying on through so many upheavals through the years..

Also : What has EA/BS done in terms of advertising the game?
What media have they approached/advertized on?
How do we encourage EJ's to sub?
How do we spread the good word about the game?

Any thoughts appreciated.
A proper F2P experience would be start. But it needs to go hand in hand with a proper store concept. Right now there is little of interest to buy in the store. The whole thing is tailored to force someone coming for a F2P game into a Pay-to-play game. Good luck making that work.

But it has been said countless times already. Broadsword wants it exactly the way it is at the moment :bdh:

petemage

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ok if you're so paranoid that you can't set your house to public and let an EJ in, you're not exactly the perfect UO ambassador...sorry.
Sorry I live in Fel and dont want to make my house a locked borg cube.

It worked fine for years and years and dozens of people my friend, but for some reason it had to stop *shrugs*

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
wasting your time fighting against the development team and a large amount of vets that don't want any new players to possibly share stuff with. I stopped picking up new players
We have a new player on LS that is on EJ. It is ridiculous that they can't use BOD books and get colored resources. Because some vets think people script those.

Anybody that has played a lot has all those resources. Who cares if someone can get BODs. The players themselves sell the BOD rewards too cheap. It is not because of scripting.

EJ accounts should be able to do everything except own houses and have their bank hold 50 items.