• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Refining Armor

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Simple question...I believe I may already have the answer but it's bugging me and I'm not able to check it at the moment.

If I pick a piece of armor...doesn't matter what type...and I put a invulnerable refinement on it and get all 5 slots...what would that look like on a piece of armor? Would each resist say +/- 1% Max or do you have the option to put all 5 slots into 1 resist?

For 1 particular suit I'm building, I'm lowering DCI by 20 and raising physical and fire by 10. What would this look like on a suit?

Can I take a 1 mod refinement and pick physical, then another 1 mod on the same piece and pick fire - kind of a cheap way to get 5 slots on 1 piece? I'm assuming no but I'm asking anyways :)

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
So if I had 1 piece where all 5 slots hit, it'd be 1 per resist?

If so, it would not be possible to have 10 to fire and 10 to physical, it would be 4 to all 5 resists? Can someone confirm?

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
lol I was hoping SO bad that I could pick what resists...or at least have all 5 slots on 1 piece go to 1 resist if I wanted...I mean come on...HOOK A BRUTHA UP! :please:

Loriel

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
agree with you both... an area they could expand fairly easily and effectively and would make for some awesome combos.

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
I fully support the concept of having costlier tradeoffs... I like the idea of increased costs to become 1 dimensional. Currently you can go 65 65 65 65 65 w/70 DCI, or 75 75 75 75 75 w/20. What if you could also trade 2 of 1 resist for another?

I would have to crunch some numbers, but I suspect that today it would be very smart to make a suit that is 80 80 65 65 75 DCI 20 - in this case I have traded 10 each of poison and cold resist for 5 each of phy and fire, as well as trading DCI for resist.

Mikeltin5

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Exactly! You may suffer through a select few bosses, but I mean...counter attack would be going off almost constantly, healing the deficiencies the (2) 65's would leave. *sigh* oh well :(