• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Refinement Amalgamator

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got one but can't figure out how to use it. I've tried with and without tailoring/blacksmith skill. I've double clicked and single clicked the Refinement Amalgamator and the refinements themselves. I've also tried dropping a refinement on top of the amalgamator.

How in the world does this thing work?

Maldar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You just double-click the amalgamator and then target a refinement that you want to make a higher level. You can only amalgamate one type at a time. All refinements MUST be the exact same type in all categories (ie: fortification/hardening/protection or defense, armor type and bonus type) and in the quantities listed below. Here is UO.com's wiki info:

A refinement amalgamator can be obtained from clean up rewards at a cost of 10,000 points. This allows you to combine low level refinements to become higher levels in the following combinations

• 2 “Type” of Defense required to upgrade to 1 “Type” of Protection.amalgamator
• 3 “Type” of Protection required to upgrade to 1 “Type” of Hardening.
• 4 “Type” of Hardening required to upgrade to 1 “Type” of Fortification.
• 5 “Type” of Fortification required to upgrade to 1 “Type” of Invulnerability.

Spellbound

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The refinement amalgamator is a combiner of refinements of the exact same description, and works in a similar fashion as a scroll binder with power scrolls. It has a blue interior when it is empty, and turns orange when double clicked and you target the refinement. For example you might have 2 refinements "Scour Of Defense, Armor Type: Chainmail" pieces. In classic client with the amalgamator and 2 identical refinements in your main backpack, double clicking the amalgamator and targeting both pieces will turn them into a single Scour Of Protection, Armor Type: Chainmail, emptying the amalgamator and turning it blue again.
Combine 3 Scour of Protection pieces of identical armor type to make a Scour Of Hardening. Four of the same armor Scour Of Hardening pieces will yield a Scour Of Fortification refinement. Finally using the amalgamator on five Scour Of Fortification pieces will give you the Scour of Invulnerability. One cannot combine two Scour Of Defense with different armor types like chainmail with ringmail. Nor can you make a refinement from targeting the Scour Of Defense with a Polish Of Defense even if it is the same armor type. Takes a lot of patience to get the Invulnerability pieces. Good luck!

Last edited:

Maximus Neximus

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I figured out the problem. I was trying to do this with the amalgamator locked down in my house. It needs to be in your pack.