• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reddit: Two Leaked Press Beta Screenshots

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Guess somebody was over anxious or not happy with the Press Beta and leaked out some screen shots. The news spread like wildfire over at Reddit. Just basically one more day to wait was to much.

What our staff here at Guild Wars 2 Stratics is waiting for is more in depth articles about the actual game itself, rather than screen shots. That is the meat and potatoes so to speak what a lot of Guild Wars 2 players and fans are waiting for.

Now don’t get me wrong but in game screen shots are cool and gives us more ideas of what 99% of the player base has not seen graphics wise of areas in the game. Myself, I am more interested in the mechanics of the game and some critical articles about some of the things I want to do with in GW2. The smoothness of the AI is one area I would like to hear about as an example.

For any players wanting to catch up on what happened with the beta leak please visit :http://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/pvp67/two_leaked_press_beta_screenshots/

I would like to add that the leaker was taken care of by ArenaNet.

Martin Kerstein@mkerstein

One leaker down

8:58 PM – 18 Feb 12via Twitter for iPhone · Embed this Tweet

S

Scarsdale Punk

The whole business seems pretty silly. A handful of leaked screenshots that really didn't show anything of import. What's the point of leaking that? And, what, two days before press can release their gathered information?

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well when you are under a NDA you are held to a legal agreement.

Whoever he/she was could be in some serious trouble then just a banning. Even though it may not be important to you, a million viewers, and I, it is important to Arenanet and other Press sites.

Like I said I am waiting for the meat and potatoes of in depth articles. Graphics shots are just a light snack in my opinion.