• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] Red Mesanna Rose

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Hello all! I want to thank everyone for their much appreciated help lately in price checking my items and letting me know some information about them.

I have yet another item that I need help with a price on however.

Mesanna Rose.jpg

As you can see, the rose on the left is a glacial blue one which by the event item thread says was a vending machine style drop so probably not worth just too too much. The one on the right however, I believe is the Red rose the event item thread speaks of which is a 1 of 7 item. Very nice item! Looks glacial red with some glacial blue on the top (opposite hue of the one to the left).

Any help is greatly appreciated! as always :)

Item is for sale and is on LS at the rares fest. Buyout is 175m and current offer is 100m.

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ah The Red rose of Mesanna. I was there when these were created. I don't know where people get the number (7). Im certain it was only (3). I owned two and sold one for 75mil. I know who the other owners are/were but will not name them so they can remain unknown.

There was also a Pure White rose created I believe. Never seen it though.

N

Nightly Spirit

I have one red and one white. I believe the 75m appraisal is pretty close but it would take more than that for me to let one go :)

***Edit***
not that mine are for sale hehe

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have 2 of them in my house.

Nightly has 1
King knows of 3
Ninja has 1
I have 2

That's 7, i bet there is a few more out there.

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I Stand corrected, and happily so. Nightly could you be so kind as to post a picture of the White one?

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Well, like I said, the event item thread list says there are only 7 and Manticore is usually pretty good about getting exact number especially at an event like that where im sure mesanna advised him of the number given out.

Now, with that being said and with the fact known that most of them are not for sale at this point in time, I believe this one is worth quite a bit more than the 75m quoted as that price is also what it sold for when they first came out and very few people knew how many there actually was.

This item is for sale and will be brought to the fest unless sold before hand. Taking offers at this point. I do feel it is worth quite a bit more than 75m though

Again, 1 of 7 item and atleast half are not for sale ;)

F

Fraggles

maybe you should start rethinking your "think they must be worth more" idea Im not trying to be rude by any means im just saying that every item you have posted for a price check so far you have not been happy with what the comunity has to say about the price. We give you a price for what past items have sold for but you seem to think they are worth more. 2 blood pacts have sold in the last year...one for 100m and one for 125m but you think they should sell for over 500m. The drop number is not the only thing thats considered when trying to price an item. there is a list of factors on this forum somewhere and maybe that will help you to decide on a price. Anyone know where that list is?

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
maybe you should start rethinking your "think they must be worth more" idea Im not trying to be rude by any means im just saying that every item you have posted for a price check so far you have not been happy with what the comunity has to say about the price. We give you a price for what past items have sold for but you seem to think they are worth more. 2 blood pacts have sold in the last year...one for 100m and one for 125m but you think they should sell for over 500m. The drop number is not the only thing thats considered when trying to price an item. there is a list of factors on this forum somewhere and maybe that will help you to decide on a price. Anyone know where that list is?
Trust me, I know exactly what the list is. I never heard of a blood pact selling for 100m, I did however hear of one selling for over 300m fairly quick. The one that sold for 125m everyone knows was at a steal at an auction, I have already had several offers over 300m and I do not feel like its worth 500m considering some of the offers go over 400m when trades are considered I most certainly feel its worth a 700m range considering the rarity, hue, quantity, the fact its never been duped etc lots of factors go into my judgment. This rose I said I feel its worth a lot more based on several other factors as well considering that several people have spoken saying they own one and are not selling meaning mine is one of few that may even be considered for sale thus bringing up the rarity and value IMO.

Now, you say "when the community gives me a price" in both of my price check threads that I said I felt the items were worth more, there was only 1 maybe 2 price checks so I certainly do not count 1-2 PC's a "community price quote".

This item in particular I really feel it being in the 150m-200m range. Now thats just my educated guess as to a price, with all things considered. An item is really only worth what someone is willing to pay for it which is exactly why i said "taking offers at this point".

So, while you claim your "not trying to be rude" your post has certainly come off as such, acting like my price check threads have gotten 700 price quotes from "the community" or something when in reality only 1-2 people actually posted some type of price check.

I get my price idea from this item by the following factors:
1.) A hue unlike the rest which happens to be a very nice one
2.) A 1 of 7 item (Rarity)
3.) Mesanna name on it which it seems a lot of people try to collect
4.) Napa event item which it seems a lot of people also try to collect
5.) One of few event items from that arch (compared to other archs)
6.) The fact that of the 7 that are out there atleast half or better are not for sale.
7.) Graphic, People like the rose graphic, its highly sought after and with the hue it has it makes it a very desirable piece.

Not necessarily in that order of course and other things may play into those factors but you get the general idea.

My factors for the blood pact:
1.) again the hue
2.) Rarity 1 of 10 perhaps less now with bannings etc(I can only find about 6)
3.) functionality, axe wep can easily pvm with it or something.
3.) type of item, axe wep, very few event items are weps, let alone an axe
4.) Name, very neat and desirable name
5.) the fact that it's one of very few items from that time period that has survived all duping implications. It has with stood many duping fiasco's never becoming tainted or stained with that trademark.

Again there may be more factors that play into it but still, you get the idea.

Now as far as what it has been sold for in the past. Based on the information I have gathered about this item from various people:
1.) sold about a year ago or so for 125m at an auction
2.) Another sold this year for over 300m
3.) 3 years ago one sold for 400m and another was about to be sold for 500m but the seller stopped returning messages.
4.) roughly 4 years ago one sold for 300-400m
5.) and the last one I could find info about was around 5-6 years ago and it still sold for about 350m

Now, with some proper research and such which most people here seem to have a hard time doing, I can personally find about 6 of these in museums but I have not had time to search all of the museums, some are closed and I know of at least one blood pact on an inactive account (possibly deleted or sold else where) so naturally there could be more, but this does help further the rationality behind my reasoning for the price I feel it to be worth.

Again though, I am taking offers on all items and no price is set in stone.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My opinion but most old rares were duped even if no purple mark on mantis list. There are many items on his list tht have no mark and duped. No fault of mantis as its such a large list to oversee. Example...shroud talkeesh-no mark but we all know major dupe. Take a look sure u will find many as I did. Just funny as u say forsure u know the pact wasn't duped since no mark....I leave it at that.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im not using an Alt. This is my only Stratics account. I gave the information I knew to be correct. The fact I was mistaken is news to me and I accept the outcome. I also gave information on what I sold the item for as a possible price check. I deemed it to be a fair price and the buyer agreed. If the OP chooses to sell his/her rose its entirely up to them what they wish to price it for.

If you are unsure of the identity of a poster it comes off as rude to assume that he/she is attempting to manipulate the population.

Thanks.
I have no cares for what you sell or for how much. My intent for the post was to inform that I was not pleased by the manipulation. You spoke matter of factly and stated you were there. IF you were there you would have known that there were in fact more than the number you were trying to present. I arrived late and still was made aware of the numbers handed out.
I don't appreciate misinformation, and I know most others here feel the same as I do. In the future keep this in mind, thank you.

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I feel that it is certainly fine for anyone to ask for a price check and it is okay also to think your item is worth more. I think everyone has some idea what they want for any item and when they do a price check they are just testing the waters to see if anyone out there is willing to pay what you think it is worth.

An item is only worth what a buyer and seller are willing to carry out the transaction for. We as the ones who are not involved in that transaction can think the item went too high or too low. It still goes back to how badly someone wants the item and is willing to pay.

King_Fisher

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was only aware of the 3 roses that were created in my presence with "Trinnidaddy" of Napa. I happened to spot Mesanna walking around Luna and talked to her about the Napa/Mesanna Event. During the event I happily created a series of forgeries of the books dropped on the monsters as loot. These books were thought to be the books needed to be handed in to collect the major prizes. Mesanna, having been amused by my "evil" prank dyed two of my black roses to red/glacial and one of Trinnidaddys roses.

So I gave the information I had thought to be correct. The fact that I was mistaken, not a big deal to me and I'm glad this post was able to point out my mistake. The fact the posters in this thread came to a helpful conclusion is the only thing that matters. Would you rather we all just open threads and only allow Manticore to answer them since he obviously puts in the work to discover actual numbers.

Unless my computer melts into a puddle, I will continue to help others with any information I may have. I am glad for other helpful contributors to threads like these, showing at least a modicum of support for others.

A

ashDC

I believe the white one was rarer. I think that one only had 3 but i could be wrong.

N

Nightly Spirit

An item is only worth what a buyer and seller are willing to carry out the transaction for. We as the ones who are not involved in that transaction can think the item went too high or too low.
This is very true. There is no set pricing when it comes to rares.

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was under the impression the red ones were 1 of 10. I've seen more than a few in museums. Though I can't be sure they're not the museums owned by folks who've already admitted ownership.

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
My opinion but most old rares were duped even if no purple mark on mantis list. There are many items on his list tht have no mark and duped. No fault of mantis as its such a large list to oversee. Example...shroud talkeesh-no mark but we all know major dupe. Take a look sure u will find many as I did. Just funny as u say forsure u know the pact wasn't duped since no mark....I leave it at that.
You are correct that some of the items that were obviously duplicated are not marked by an Astrix, BUT, they are in the duped list that tomas bryce provided for us all, as I had also stated in my blood pact thread and also provided links to both locations providing further proof to my claim that it was not duplicated.

Now, with some proper research and such which most people here seem to have a hard time doing, I can personally find about 6 of these in museums but I have not had time to search all of the museums, some are closed and I know of at least one blood pact on an inactive account (possibly deleted or sold else where) so naturally there could be more, but this does help further the rationality behind my reasoning for the price I feel it to be worth.

Just your "opinion", yes. But in the future I would suggest everyone doing some more research before attempting to provide false claims. I have done my research, extensive at that and I am actually continuing to further my research to either prove or disprove if the blood pact was in fact duplicated. But the fact that I can only find 6 of them leads me to believe it most certainly was not, also the fact that in the history of UO and stratics it has never once been mentioned or implicated that it was duplicated. Now, one would think that if this item was duped SOMEONE would have noticed and noted it somewhere, don't ya think?

I find it quite hard to believe that this item was duped and the masses of them are just sitting on an inactive account waiting to be unloaded. Why would someone wait years on end to unload an item like this? We would have noticed something like this popping up in high numbers, yet it has never happened. ONE has come up for sale every, what? 2-3 years? And all but One has sold for roughly the same price.

As far as the rose goes, Again:

like I said, the event item thread list says there are only 7 and Manticore is usually pretty good about getting exact number especially at an event like that where im sure mesanna advised him of the number given out.
Both items are for sale and will be brought to the fest to the highest bidder. Trades are accepted.

BigEv

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Check both lists again. Still abunch not on either...luck to u :)
edit: the lists are plain and simple not 100% to go off of but a good guide as only ones out there and yes when I get time ill send in a list I see not there. U don't make friends easy do u? Luck.. :)

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Check both lists again. Still abunch not on either...luck to u :)
Both lists were created by prominent members of the rares community listing items that had shown up in much larger quantities than they were originally given out in. Each list shows items that were massively duplicated, sold on fencer vendors for months on end and/or 1 only items that are now in more than one place.

IF you feel like these lists are missing some items then I suggest you post what you feel is missing or PM Manti or tomas asking them to update their lists, BUT you would need to provide some reasonable proof to back your claim. I firmly believe I have provided plenty of reasonable proof to back my own claim that it was not duped.

Let me post this one more time and try to make it a bit more clear for you because you seem to have a hard time understanding it's meaning and actually providing some proof to your claims. You are merely speculating and antagonizing, if all you can do is make little snide comments and not actually post any type of proof then I am going to have to disregard anything you say in the future.

Now, with some proper research and such which most people here seem to have a hard time doing, I can personally find about 6 of these in museums but I have not had time to search all of the museums
I will not defend this item again as I feel I have made my case and proven my point quite well.

I do not believe the Rose is in question any longer, 1 of 7 item for sale on ATL or LS Pic above.

Please feel free to express any more questions or concerns you may have about either item. Thank You.

C

ChReuter

I have no cares for what you sell or for how much. My intent for the post was to inform that I was not pleased by the manipulation. You spoke matter of factly and stated you were there. IF you were there you would have known that there were in fact more than the number you were trying to present. I arrived late and still was made aware of the numbers handed out.
I don't appreciate misinformation, and I know most others here feel the same as I do. In the future keep this in mind, thank you.
Has anyone ever told you how you come across to others at times?

Trust me, I know exactly what the list is. I never heard of a blood pact selling for 100m, I did however hear of one selling for over 300m fairly quick. The one that sold for 125m everyone knows was at a steal at an auction, I have already had several offers over 300m and I do not feel like its worth 500m considering some of the offers go over 400m when trades are considered I most certainly feel its worth a 700m range considering the rarity, hue, quantity, the fact its never been duped etc lots of factors go into my judgment. This rose I said I feel its worth a lot more based on several other factors as well considering that several people have spoken saying they own one and are not selling meaning mine is one of few that may even be considered for sale thus bringing up the rarity and value IMO.

Now, you say "when the community gives me a price" in both of my price check threads that I said I felt the items were worth more, there was only 1 maybe 2 price checks so I certainly do not count 1-2 PC's a "community price quote".

This item in particular I really feel it being in the 150m-200m range. Now thats just my educated guess as to a price, with all things considered. An item is really only worth what someone is willing to pay for it which is exactly why i said "taking offers at this point".

So, while you claim your "not trying to be rude" your post has certainly come off as such, acting like my price check threads have gotten 700 price quotes from "the community" or something when in reality only 1-2 people actually posted some type of price check.

I get my price idea from this item by the following factors:
1.) A hue unlike the rest which happens to be a very nice one
2.) A 1 of 7 item (Rarity)
3.) Mesanna name on it which it seems a lot of people try to collect
4.) Napa event item which it seems a lot of people also try to collect
5.) One of few event items from that arch (compared to other archs)
6.) The fact that of the 7 that are out there atleast half or better are not for sale.
7.) Graphic, People like the rose graphic, its highly sought after and with the hue it has it makes it a very desirable piece.

Not necessarily in that order of course and other things may play into those factors but you get the general idea.

My factors for the blood pact:
1.) again the hue
2.) Rarity 1 of 10 perhaps less now with bannings etc(I can only find about 6)
3.) functionality, axe wep can easily pvm with it or something.
3.) type of item, axe wep, very few event items are weps, let alone an axe
4.) Name, very neat and desirable name
5.) the fact that it's one of very few items from that time period that has survived all duping implications. It has with stood many duping fiasco's never becoming tainted or stained with that trademark.

Again there may be more factors that play into it but still, you get the idea.

Now as far as what it has been sold for in the past. Based on the information I have gathered about this item from various people:
1.) sold about a year ago or so for 125m at an auction
2.) Another sold this year for over 300m
3.) 3 years ago one sold for 400m and another was about to be sold for 500m but the seller stopped returning messages.
4.) roughly 4 years ago one sold for 300-400m
5.) and the last one I could find info about was around 5-6 years ago and it still sold for about 350m

So why do you even ask for an opinion? Seems to me that you have an issue with believing your crap to be more important than it really is. If someone has made an offer as high as you state, I really hope they read the thread you made here and rethink it.

Very few personalities I come across in relation to this game annoy me, but I've been blessed with two in one thread! Now if only popps would chime in, than this could become a truly rare event.

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
There is no need to personally attack anyone in my thread nor is there a need to troll my thread. If you have an issue with me or someone else please send a PM instead.

Let's keep this thread on topic, Thank You.

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Your Blood Pact = Overpriced.
Your Rose = Overpriced.

</troll free post>
Find them cheaper then.

Rose has sold for the buyout price. Deal in the works for the blood pact for something close to the buyout price. As I stated previously, prices are negotiable.

CrazyNinja

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Good job then.
Good job for what? Selling something for what it's worth? You guys just keep trying to underestimate things, undervalue things and overprice other items. I mean really, void rock for what? 4b or something? Red horse for what? 2.5b? And your going to say 175m buyout option (which was negotiable) is overpriced for a 1 of 7 item with a great hue?? Your going to say that a 600m buyout option (which is negotiable) is over priced for a 1 of 10 from the first season of events that survived every duping fiasco??

C'mon man, gime a break. I mean dang just stop with all the BS hating, personal attacking, trolling etc because it's all just a bunch of trash talking garbage that I don't care to hear. An item is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. fact is guys, my items aren't over priced because they don't have a price, I have been taking OFFERS on these items and the buyout prices listed were there for someone who might not want to wait for the bidding to end and those were even negotiable.

Now, if you want to price quote items for me in my price quote threads I really appreciate it. But I am not going to take one price that an item sold for and say that's what it's worth. someone got lucky on the blood pact once and ONE has sold for 125m, let me repeat that for you, ONE has sold for 125m, out of the what, 5, that I found had been sold in the past? In which ALL of the others sold for 300m+. So your going to take the ONE that sold for 125m and tell me thats what it's worth? Since you haven't given a price quote in my price check and all you've done is troll, go ahead and give me your estimate on it's value.

CH, Neutron, Guys, Go ahead and keep hatin, hate on me, hate on victoria, hate on all of us that have items you feel are overpriced. Fact is, the items sell and they sell well, you may not think they are worth the prices we put up but others sure do. Taking offers on items and posting a buyout that's negotiable means it cannot be overpriced because it doesn't have a set price! If the buyout price is too high, well, that's why the dang thing is negotiable!

This thread is done. No need to continue posting as this item has been sold.