• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Red Cross Donation House

G

Ya know, I think that is one of the cleverest, most wonderful ideas I've seen. I will go make a donation right now!

*hugs him until all his stuffing falls out*

Thank you for thinking of a way someone like me, who is too poor to give RL money can find a way to help all those poor people in Asia!!!!!

I

imported_Chaucer of TS

Finally, something good can come out of e-baying UO gold other than one person benefiting from it.

Wonderful idea. *tips hat to CrazyJoe* =D

G

Anyone that would rather hand me a check instead of lug gold, my ICQ is 442571.

On a bright note, I got 5 million on Siege on Auction right now, three million from an anonymous donor! Huzzah!

L

Lady Velvet

Great work joe... Noni and I hoped someone would do this...
Good that someone reputable [even if you're a bancrazy mod!] decided to give it a shot...

Well done..

Orvago

Stratics' Finest
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color=00008B>Man, anyone that knows me knows I hate what E-Bay has done to UO, but this...

This is one of the most awesome things I have ever seen.

*stickied until further notice*

Caveat Emptor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can see it now...
*National Nightly News*
Video Gamers take the Meaning of Community to a whole new level.

The Online Players of the Popular Video game "Ultima Online". Have banded together to raise a Cash Donation for the victims of the worlds latest tragedy. They have taken online Game gold and sold it on ebay, to raise money to aide those effected by this Tragedy. Maybe More people should be playing this Game.

Full Story on your local 10pm news!!!

A great deed, should not go unnoticed..... Free Press for EA, and Ultima Online.

G

Thanks Terra.

I was wondering when someone would say this.

I hate Ebay myself but have used it before both ways. Right now, we turned this little devil into our little ...well...you know the word.... and we can take advantage of it.

I am honestly amazed at the response so far - for new years eve - which should be the deadest night to have any response from this.

However we already easily made $100, and I am getting more and more ICQs.

I mean look at that. that's impressive for 7 hours after conception on New Years Eve

anyway, back to answering iCQs!

ICQ 442571
AIM CarnivorousJoe

I prefer ICQ!

G

Had an encounter gave me a chuckle, I think I will share.

I grabbed my mage, and was running around spamming "GATING TO RED CROSS DONATION HOUSE! DONATE GOLD FOR TSUNAMI VICS!" and throwing up gates to Joe's house.

And one fellow looked at me oddly and said "What the hell good is gold in a stupid game going to do them?" Wherupon I explained that Joe planned to eBay any donations and send the money to the Red Cross.

The fellow stood there a minute, then said "bank", and jumped into my next gate. /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

And I agree with Terra. Normally I detest eBay and everything about it concerning UO. But for once, I can wholeheartedly endorse its use, and hope staunchly that the people who go there decide it's a far better thing to pay a little more for some gold and help people who lost everything.

So folks, if you buy gold, on this or any other shard, look first for Joe's gold. Make the money count for something a little bit more. If you have any gold to spareon this or any other shard--and I know many people do--give it to Joe to sell.

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

US $1,000.00 Worth of Virtual coin so far !!! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

T

Themus

I just read on UOHALL Origins hit 500k on the vendor ( and some more in piles or sumthing). Now I am almost embarised of this new shard. I know we are all poor still, I know it hurts to give... but I can say that a good chunk of that 500k was given by two or three individuals... and we need to give a show of new shard force me thinks /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif so lets pull this community together for a day and hunt for the cause... just ONE day or ONE hour everyone hunt for the red cross if you can spair the time.

This is my attempt to be the twister for C.J.'s hard efforts... *shakes cougher*. Lets give a little more to the cause ... our gold will go the furthest for the cause... our gold will be 100% hard work and effort and sweet bitter fatigue. But you will feal really really good so lets brake out some gold becouse I already gave all mine and need to buy some from CRAZY JOE /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif (and it would be wrong to buy back that that% of gold I gave)

Ra ra ra boom tee yay and all that jazz /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif we are really behind BAD.

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

I encourage everyone to spam the hell out of their ICQ lists.. and get everyone to make as many characters as they can on Origin, Siege, Pac &amp; ATL. [Dont forget .. if you have characters you made on origin and their starting gold is gone... its been more than 7 days.. so you can delete them and remake them all The effort is MORE THAN WORTH IT]

Get as many as you can to make noobs and drop off your noob gold at the Donation house on each of these shards. [There is a gate to Serps hold where the donation house is on Siege.. out the front of the britain castle]

This is your moment to make someones day... no their life. Food and Medical supplies are still in great demand. Later there will be money needed for the infrastructure and rebuilding of the disaster victims' communities. So many people can be helped with so small an effort from all of us. Shine through and show your colours.

Thanks so very much!!!

In Order to make this a little bit easier... throw your Support behind this Ideas Den Post

G

Also remember you can more than triple your gold (and reward yourself with a nice undead slayer perhaps) by running the paladin quest. It takes what, 15 minutes to do the quest?

Come on people, I know I've dropped 120k on those piles at Joe's. I challenge the rest of you to match it--or better yet, BEAT IT!

R

RyaUO

although i donated already at the donation vendor on drachenfels/the red cross donation center on origin and brought some friends there to make donations too....

i think i can do more and put my 18x18 marble palace in malas (drachenfels) on uo-trade.net for sale....

the earned profit out of this house sale will go to crazy joe for his red cross campaign !!!

here is the link to the aution on uo-trade.net:

http://www.uo-trade.net/showauction.php4?auction=246083

edit: recieved 10 millions gold on drachenfels from a donor for crazy joe's campaign !!! THANK YOU SO MUCH !

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

Once again the kind people of UOB prove their generosity and kind spirits /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

R

RyaUO

it's a matter of course to help !

and it doesn't matter where...

R

Roanne

COOL!!! /php-bin/shared/images/icons/laugh.gif

ill get some gold makin in this week /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

how long will this keep running?

G

While the urge is to help those people RIGHT NOW, it's fairly clear that they are going to need help for months or even years to come. Food, housing, clothing--many people lost everything, and many items cannot be replaced quickly or easily. So this will probably continue for as long as Joe and others are willing to do it. Hope so, anyways.

A

Aramis Durreah

What a grand idea. And it is good to see the big hearts of the online community showing. Too many think we are simply a collection of antisocial folk sitting in a computer room for hours a day.
I have seen in many ways the giving ways of many here on Origin, and my home shard of Catskills. I aplaude each and every one of you for all you are doing. This show of compassion has touched my heart, and I promise the procedes from tonights hunt to the effort.
For now, I will run and make a donation of all I have in the bank. It is only about 6k, but it is a start.
God bless you all...

I

imported_The-Noni-Trader

They have enough money already because they can only put a certain amount of it to use... I believe their main emphasis is on getting expertise into the area right? That only costs so much.

The need for aid to all the regions effected will continue for many years...
5 million people without homes and/or livelihoods... its going to be a mammoth reconstruction effort and maybe... just maybe... we can IMPROVE upon their previous economic structure.. and push them one step closer to getting out of "third world" status...
Wouldnt that be nice /php-bin/shared/images/icons/smile.gif

I can assure you an extra 3000-30,000 is not going to go astray.. it can be put to use somewhere...

Doctors Without Borders does not have the logistical capabilities that The International Red Cross does...

G

Origin Shard
City of Luna

I know I am not the only Ultima Online player that is emotionally torn watching the news lately. The Tsunami has killed over 120,000 people as of Dec 31, 2004 and the amount of finacial help is of course, staggering.

I know many ask what they can do to help, and are overwhelmed at the choices and avenues to take. So, for simplicity sake, I have established a Red Cross Donation house at my Luna House on the Origin Shard. Anyone can simply drop gold onto one of the 153 piles I have locked down, and I will Ebay the gold (Current Rate is $35 per million), and send it straight to Red Cross.

I'll keep updates coming on my personal forums and UO Stratics Forums.

Click here to check my Current Ebay Auctions.Again, any and all gold will be Ebayed, and all proceeds go directly to Red Cross. I'll save receipts and post scans of them to ease any skepticism.

* Once I get that last vendor removed, I plan on changing the floor tiles to look like a Red Cross Flag. Hopefully the owner gets online tonight, otherwise I have to wait 3 days tops.