• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Recruiting for The Bloody Face Ork Horde

• Thread starter imported_Maelwyn
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Maelwyn

This is an official call for more orks. At the moment we have 8 players on our roster. We'd like to get as many as we can so that we can really call us a Horde ! If your even remotely interested in role-playing an orc, come and join us while we learn also. None of use are exceptionally gifted as of yet, but we try as well as we can. At this point we would like to be somewhat different than Shadowclan or Bloodrock. But we will be "borrowing" ideas liberally from both groups. We are also still working out many things that I'd like input on.

I'd also like to add a few comments and pictures about creating an orc character for The Bloody Face Ork Horde:

1. Starting skills. Please start with healing as one of the skills choices at 50. We need lots of healing characters. The other skill choice is up to you. Hiding is good. As is Lumberjacking. Please ICQ me first if your interested in making a ork mage first.

2. Name. Please pick an appropriate orcish name. I am extremely picky about this. I WILL NOT accept anyone into the guild without an appropriate name. If your having a hard time, just go fight some orcs and check out thier names. If you need more help, check out The Cave for a fantasy name generator http://my.uo.com/cgi-bin/guilds.pl?g=3f8be8797fdf8845:9. Also, do not use alternate caps (GrUmSh). Hyphens are perfectly acceptable (Grrub'ob).

3. No hair for male orcs. Top Knot for female orcs. This is important also. I definately do not want beards peeking through orc helms.

4. Skin tone. I use the following as my prefered skin tone. This is not that important to me. So if your skin tone is not the same it won't be a problem. I realize that SC and BC don't use the same, but it's part of doing things just a bit different than they are.

5. Equipment. Try to use terrible looking equipment. If you've ever wondered what to do with that Vanquishing Pitchfork, give it to an orc. Unusual and exotic are good. Ringmail is great for orcs. I also don't have a problem with chain or a suit of heavy archer. Would rather not see orcs in platemail. Try to find a suit of regular color ring or even better, a copper set of armor. Here's a picture to show why I like this color.

6 Try to stay in character as well as you can. Broken english and strange spellings work fine. We will work on our own version of orcish, liberally "borrowed" from SC and BR languages.

That's it. Remember this is my own personal vision of an advanced orcish tribe of warriors. I would also like to put out a request for any other groups of RP guilds. We'd love to be your enemies. We are ready to die many, many times. I figure good will win out eventually, but we will try our darndest to make it tough. These would be RPed/scheduled encounters at this point. We are not looking for a continuous war. At least not yet.

Please ICQ me if you would like to join or have any questions.

Gruumsh One-Eye ICQ # 52675214 (Maelwyn)

<center>

Maelwyn Mage and Dexer
Beldas & Beldin Dwarven Brothers
Erystelle Elvish Tamer
Gruumsh One-Eye Orc guy

And yes, I am a gay roleplayer. Just ask my wife.</center>

D

DemanKnght

Wow we have no eliminted me from that.. hmmm little tough on the rules, but your guild.. Well I can solo ork it then.. I'll help out if i can.. bald?? man that hurts.. oh well..

MooneyFodder
Sonoma

I

imported_Maelwyn

Is that the only problem? You orc guy has hair? I have plenty of hair deeds if you want one. I'm just not a fan of neon-colored, afro-wearing, long-bearded orcs is all. Besides, you'll be wearing an orc mask or orc helm anyways.

Maelwyn

<center>

Maelwyn Mage and Dexer
Erystelle Elvish Tamer
Gruumsh One-Eye Orc guy

T

Towenaar

I've been wanting to create an orc character for awhile. I can meet your requirements.. um on the name though..

is Pinoy an okay name? I was hoping that would be his name but haven't done it because I was hoping to acquire a green orc mask. but I could use my faction guy's blessed orc mask. : ) or helm.

G

<font color=blue><a target="_blank" href=http://www.shadowclan.cx/UO/ultimaorcnames.htm>http://www.shadowclan.cx/UO/ultimaorcnames.htm</a>

It's a ShadowClan list of every orc name in Ultima.

<font color=black>Oooohhhhhhhhh yeeeeeaaaaahhhhh...</font color=black>
<font color=black>"I take this not as an award but as undeniable proof that I am a bad-ass mother !"</font color=black>

I

imported_Maelwyn

Deman, I checked out your guy on MyUO. He's not too bad. I'll donate a hair restlye to fix up the hair on his head. You can't really see the goatee at all with a mask on anyway. The Z and T in the name might be a problem, but we can take a vote of all the orcs and see if they are ok with it. It's not too bad.

Towenarr, Pinoy would be a fine name. Not terribly orcish, but since we have the Fair OomFuFu won't be a problem.

That's a good link for names also, Elbryan. Didn't even find that part on the SC Webpage. Thanks for that.

Maelwyn

<center>

Maelwyn Mage and Dexer
Erystelle Elvish Tamer
Gruumsh One-Eye Orc guy

B

Basement Troll

This is great! All the talk lately about RP orcs has got me wanting to play one! I think a character who is expected to die frequently will be great fun to play! I will check out the links given, and see what I can come up with!
I just realized I used a lot of exclamations in this post!

Barlan Teldec - Archer, Lumberjack
Tibor - Carpenter, Tinker, Miner, Smith, Tailor

D

DemanKnght

Which guy? I have 8 of them??? hmmm not sure you saw the right one, but oh well.. we will see. Hopefully my PC well be cooperative this weekend, my main HD took a dump and I need to send it back to be replaced. I'll bug you later.

MooneyFodder
Sonoma

G

<font color=blue>Come on, everyone!

Bloody Face wants LAT!

<font color=black>"I take this not as an award but as undeniable proof that I am a bad-ass mother !"</font color=black>

I

imported_Maelwyn

*bump*

<center>

Maelwyn Mage and Dexer
Erystelle Elvish Tamer
Gruumsh One-Eye Orc guy

A

Apakoh

Hi, i was thinking of creating an orc char name Woglug four-finger. How bout it? And i was thinking of him being .. could you help me with that part. what do you think i should be?

-Apakoh
Paladin of Sonoma

I

imported_Maelwyn

Name is fine. As far as the other part, you can choose just about anything really. Warriors are great. Not sure about a bard or a tamer orc. We could use another mage also, but if you don't have the resources to work on one, just choose a warrior type. Your welcome to pick any combat skills.

Maelwyn

<center>

Maelwyn Mage and Dexer
Erystelle Elvish Tamer
Gruumsh One-Eye Orc guy

S

sse_goku

heheh,Tamer orc with his dragon "Kill humie" and his mare "Kill All Humie"

SSE GOKU-
GM Fencing
GM Tactics
GM Parry
*Para blow owns all*

G

<font color=blue>Might I suggest making the last part, "Fuur-fingur" so that it sounds more orcish?

P

Pluffina

HEY! OoomFuFu is a GREAT orc name. As for the fair -- sigh. I am WORKING on that. I kill brides, I kill dogs, and STILL I am fair. And the bright blue cheerful ostard is no good, either. I need to get my tamer and go get OomFuFu a desert ossie. BUT I INSIST THAT OOMFUFU is a GREAT orc name lol. There is an orc in game named "Oogugbu" and Oomfufu is the female version of that. Like Thomasina is the female version of Thomas. OR SOMETHING.

LOVE,
PluFFuFU

Visit <a target="_blank" href=http://people.atl.mediaone.net/pluffy/> Plush by Pluffy, </a> for Home Design you can live with!

G

<font color=blue>Spending a wee bit too much time with Starbucks? ^^

I'd suggest a dark green forest ostard. And don't forget to check the link to orc names that I posted.

T

The1Paladin

I went with Quomaugh, although maybe I should have went with something a little easier to type especally If I'm gonna talk in first person all the time...

D

Droma Ryn

I love the fact that this is catching on but I cant join. I have my orc but as his name states he is half-orc and profile says trying to be good guy. So, Xugha Half-Orc shall need to make his own guild to help you get some fights out there. I'll have to work on that.Still workin me halfy to death right now. And to get karma loss go to brit xroads in tram near where oasis is on fel side and fight and kill the gm healers. GM Healers only for they dont hurt as much and they respawn every time ya kill em and they give bad karma. Went there myself till I decided to be good orcy. It's nice being one of a kind and all but kinda lonely and no one likes me( =( ). Wish more peeps would read profiles so you can try to RP better(still learning)
Well good luck with yer guild maybe I make a normal orc as well not sure yet.

Before guns, Men had Balls!!!!!!!!

L

lefty01

I been working on an orc char. He's mostly in the 90s with his skills now. His name is Guk NarLoc. I have a blessed kin mask and want to join an orc guild that will pvp as well as rp with rping and other war guilds. My Idea will be like operating out of coves orc fort.

G

<font color=blue>Paladin, just say "me" or "meeb" when talking in first person.

And for everyone's information, "you" in orcish is "lat."

D

Droma Ryn

Well Tolwyn this is something I've wanted in this game for quite sometime. Now that OSI is doing something so they dont have to make new graphics its fine by me. It might be the "cool" thing to do but alot of people have been waiting for this stuff for a long time like me. So if its the in thing to do then SoBe it. But no i will not want a lizardman character nor do i think they would be to fun without a new graphic and the ability to pick them upon the character creation page. Orc is quite easy with the color choices for our skins and going bald is extremely easy. So when ya think ya have something smart to say think about first and remember this game has the best skills available it just NEEDS more playable races. When they DO finally come about prepare for a flood of new gamers hitting all the shards.

Before guns, Men had Balls!!!!!!!!

G

<font color=blue>This guy is most definitely a troll, but I'll explain everything anyway since the source of his insults is obviously ignorance.

Ever heard of Shadowclan? Look them up some time. They're an orc guild on Catskills, the oldest clan in UO. They were around before any one of these items was even being considered. And now we're making a horde on Sonoma because it's a fun thing to do.

I hope this will help you to see how wrong you are.

P

Pluffina

Yes, Lord help me, I am feeding the Troll, but HEY.

May I point out to you as well that Maelwyn has been trying to build an Orc Guild for OVER A YEAR NOW???? The orc masks just made RPing an orc so MUCH easier and plausible and so there is a much higher interest now. Maelwyn is just capitolizing on that interest to fulfill an idea he had before Orc Masks were a glimmer in the eye of UO.

Please go toddle off back under your bridge now, Trolly-Pie. We have no Gruff Billy Goats here.

Love,
Pluffy

Visit <a target="_blank" href=http://people.atl.mediaone.net/pluffy/> Plush by Pluffy, </a> for Home Design you can live with!

K

Krysma Doomspeak

Yea and if that don't work she will sick Bobby Goat McGruff on ya :p

Selinar/warrior, Breeze windsong/smith, Woody/Alchemist
<a target="_blank" href=http://uoda.salmandesigns.com/>Feel Free to Visit the Jester home page here</a>
<a target="_blank" href=http://uoda.salmandesigns.com/hellaforums/>Message Board Here</a>

G

<font color=blue>I'm a gruff billygoat...

I

imported_Maelwyn

Well, the lizardmen thing has been tried before actually. Didn't go over to well actually. But your right, if they do put cool lizardmen items into the game there will be a few guild popping up. But so what? If that's what people want to do, big deal. It's just a game anyway. If you like the idea of RPing a certain race, then do it.

Iv'e had The Bloody Face Ork Horde around since last November actually. Before then we were on Baja. But we've never had many members. Mostly it's been me and family. If we can take advantage of the orc craze, I'm all for it. As long as everyone has fun. Yes we do wear the new orc items at times. But at least we have a reason to wear them instead of just to look KeWl at the bank.

I also have a dwarf guild if anyone is interested: Dwarves /php-bin/shared/images/icons/king.gif

Maelwyn

<center>

Maelwyn Mage and Dexer
Erystelle Elvish Tamer
Gruumsh One-Eye Orc guy