• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Recommendations for my 120 bard pls...

startle

Siege... Where the fun begins.
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi all,

Been playin on/off for 12 years and most of that time I've played my bard. He's 120 Provo/Music/Peace/Discord has 115 magery and 115 med (all real, but have soulstone access to "reduced" levels of all except Provo and I'm NOT dropping that lower)

As I mentioned above, I have access to 11 soulstones on this account and have characters with Chivalry, Bushido, Archery, Magery, Swords, and pretty much any other skill I could need.

Given the above, I'm ready to tackle some "higher" monsters. ( I should mention that I most always play alone since my RL schedule sorta precludes guild-type commitments ). What I'd like from any of you that would take a minute, is recommendations for what monsters (in the list below) are "easier" for a bard than others.

This char plays on Pacific shard, so I'm ruling out doing any of the Felucia Champs (since the last I heard they are "owned" by a couple of PvP guilds ).

This leaves Doom and the "Peerless" list of - Dread Horn, Travesty, Paroxysmus, Melisande, Grizzlein Bedlam, Shimmering Effusion, Medusa, Stygian Dragon, and Navrey Night Eyes. I've never been to any of these so I really know nothing about the areas they inhabit or other creatures there.

So, in your experience (given my skills and soulstone access) which one would you recommend that I start with and what "hints" can you give.

Thx for listening
:)

Poo

The Grandest of the PooBah’s
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
doing any of those 'alone' with a bard is gonna be hard.

most if not all dont have anything to provo onto the boss

short of the DF's in DOOM, but those are all one hit kill skels and such.

personally i wouldnt do any of those solo.
im sure you probablly COULD do some of them, and it would take a load of time.
but i wouldnt do any of them solo.

if i had to, like gun to my head had too, id probablly go with a either a pure mage bard or a disco archer (both listed above in the template sticky)

not much help, but its the best i could think of.

have you tryed using the 'chat' in game to find people on at the same time that would be up for peerless runs?

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
doing any of those 'alone' with a bard is gonna be hard.

most if not all dont have anything to provo onto the boss

short of the DF's in DOOM, but those are all one hit kill skels and such.

personally i wouldnt do any of those solo.
im sure you probablly COULD do some of them, and it would take a load of time.
but i wouldnt do any of them solo.

if i had to, like gun to my head had too, id probablly go with a either a pure mage bard or a disco archer (both listed above in the template sticky)

not much help, but its the best i could think of.

have you tryed using the 'chat' in game to find people on at the same time that would be up for peerless runs?
Hi Poo, thx for responding...
After doing a bit more "in-depth" reading, I'd have to agree that solo'in any of the peerless would be "difficult" to say the least. I'm tempted to start playin my 120 archer with peace and or discord, maybe some necro and chiv..

Haven't tried the "chat" yet, but may give it a shot...
Thx again Poo
rolleyes:

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
ya

it seemed to have been a new mandate when ML came out and was continued with the release of SA that they wanted to 'force' people to have to use a group to do any and all peerless bosses.

which, in a way i guess is good.
but i like you enjoy my solo time.

granted, i also enjoy my guild time.

but there are days when its just nice to roll around on your own, eh?

at any rate, if you have the soulstones at your disposal, give the disco archer a try.

i know i really enjoy that template.
and if you happen along to some tamer who is allready working the spawn you can easilly join in with a disco on the boss then just shoot over the dragon to help out.

not too many people complain if you can make the killing of the mob faster and easier for them, hahahaha

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ya

it seemed to have been a new mandate when ML came out and was continued with the release of SA that they wanted to 'force' people to have to use a group to do any and all peerless bosses.

which, in a way i guess is good.
but i like you enjoy my solo time.

granted, i also enjoy my guild time.

but there are days when its just nice to roll around on your own, eh?

at any rate, if you have the soulstones at your disposal, give the disco archer a try.

i know i really enjoy that template.
and if you happen along to some tamer who is allready working the spawn you can easilly join in with a disco on the boss then just shoot over the dragon to help out.

not too many people complain if you can make the killing of the mob faster and easier for them, hahahaha
Have you posted your disco/archer template?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
should be up in the template sticky

R

Rainfo X

Hi Startle. I have been wanting to try Doom on my bard. I am also on Pacific. I don't play much these days, but maybe we can group up sometime and play one of those places. We could also try to find a sampire or tamer to make it easier on us. Just let me know.

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
i also have toons on pac.

just saying.

and i get bored easy.

just saying.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i also have toons on pac.

just saying.

and i get bored easy.

just saying.

Hey Poo & Rainfo X, I'd love to get together on Pac... I sent you an ICQ invite Poo & a PM to you Rainfo X... Now I'll wait to hear from ya's...

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
im on the road here for a couple days and playing with the kids

so i wont be in game till sat or sun

ill look for your icq then.

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
im on the road here for a couple days and playing with the kids

so i wont be in game till sat or sun

ill look for your icq then.
Sounds like a winner... Maybe Rainfo X and I can get some practice in while we wait for ya...

How old r your kids?

Poo

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
old enough that i can still catch them when they are bad!

(2,7,9 and my wife says that i should list myself on there since im a kid, so i guess that makes her a pedifile, no? hehe)

startle

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
old enough that i can still catch them when they are bad!

(2,7,9 and my wife says that i should list myself on there since im a kid, so i guess that makes her a pedifile, no? hehe)
Sounds like a healthy relationship to me... :)