• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Auction] Recent GL event item

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

RichDC

Pretty cool

As far as i know there is no special properties...the EM confirmed 10 where made and only 8 where looted. Non wearable of course.

We will start the bidding at 50mil

I feel an item like this needs some publicity as it is deco, so i will run it for 2weeks.

R

RichDC

Sorry guys a private bidder has made an offer i cannot refuse and as such have to end the auction very early.

R

RichDC

Sorry guys its only my second time of posting an item but i made a deal over PM and ICQ, i cant turn my back on this deal even if it was lower than i could have got from auction.

The buyer is a well respected (or at least as far as i can tell) member of the rares community and i took his evaluation as being fair and reasonable.

Im sorry if it has inconvenienced you guys, i cannot reveal the buyer unless they themselves wish to be revealed.

I will not make a deal, see someone has posted offering more and cancel the original deal.

For this i wish to apologise.

Slickjack

Rares Fest Host | Cats Nov 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
there's alot of this going on lately, sometimes you win, sometimes ya lose.

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pretty cool

As far as i know there is no special properties...the EM confirmed 10 where made and only 8 where looted. Non wearable of course.

We will start the bidding at 50mil

I feel an item like this needs some publicity as it is deco, so i will run it for 2weeks.
hhhmmm well what else is there in that pack then lol i see a red sash lol

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The buyer is a well respected (or at least as far as i can tell) member of the rares community and i took his evaluation as being fair and reasonable.

Im sorry if it has inconvenienced you guys, i cannot reveal the buyer unless they themselves wish to be revealed.
IMO, A stealther buyer isnt really looks like part of the "rares community" but well, last days there was too many "last minute bids" over PM and/or ICQ and again: that's not community.

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bah...I think you all just need to step back and let the man do his own thing. If someone offered me an insane buyout for an item...I would probably tell you all to have a coke and a smile too. :)

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think its pretty pathetic the way he is being treated. He posted at 9:01 and changed his mind by 9:30. Its only been 30 minutes and he is getting bashed by veteran posters. This is the exact attitute that makes new collectors not want to post here. There are no written rules anywhere that states he can't change his mind. You would think with the sheer amounts of items being released now that people would adopt a better attitude. I remember when Hemisphere backed out his entire collection after weeks of bidding and no one said anything. Now this new guy backs out less than 1 hour and he gets this much greif? Are you kidding me? I spoke to this guy and because of all this grief he is getting he is just going to keep it.

If there are specific rules on how to sell things here let me know I would like to read it. If not, then leave the poor guy alone.

Rare collecting is the most competitive profession out there. No collector goes to an event in hopes of NOT looting an item and WISHES to pay full retail afterwards. Sure often times an item on this thread often fetches beyond their full retail but that's due to pride bidding, lust, and sometimes just want to be an ass. Stealth bidding has always existed. How many times have someone told you about an item thats for sale on a vendor and you hurridly transfer to that shard to buy it. Do you tell the rest of the world "I am going to go buy this item now, would someone like to beat me to it first?" Of course not. You get it first then brag about afterwards. We've all done that. This situation is no different. An item was posted for bids, somone offers a buyout price to see if he would bite and he did. There is nothing wrong with that. Do you really think anyone who offers a bid and secretly hoping he/she gets out bid? lol

Restroom Cowboy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, to add clarity to this item...it is an animated wave that keeps going and going and going. Very cool item...and I was told that it is the first of its kind with regard to its function.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Locking this thread.

Here is a golden rule to remember: If someone pulls a rabbit out of the hat, don't attend the show next time. If you think the OP did not meet your bar of fairness, just put him on your personal black list and don't bid on anything s/he has to sell in the future.

I definitely have few people I don't even bother bidding on regardless of the item they might be selling. And you know what? They are the ones who suffer because they are missing out on a potentially great customer.

Works way better than throwing a fit and causing drama.

Status
Not open for further replies.