• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Fishing] Recent Fishing Updates

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Hi all,

does anyone have a link to a webpage listing all of the recent updates to the SOS updates? Specifically, I'm looking for updates on chest loot.

I have already read the Publish 106 Updates, but it only mentions the changes to the chests (i.e. rusty, normal, gold + barnacle entrusted for ASOS; name of shipwreck on items; Aquarium Nets).

But I recently got an "Anchor" as loot in a chest:

I was wondering if this is a common item, or if this is more of an artifact (e.g. Antique Wedding Dress, Bronzed Armor of the Valkyrie), and I was wondering if there are other items. However, I haven't yet found any information regarding it.

Thanks.

Last edited:

Grace of Minoc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It is new pre chest loot. If you are fishing up an ancient sos the shipwreck pre loot will have the ship name on it.

Here is a link with a discussion about it. Pre Mib Chest Loot

Cinderella

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Awards
all the old items can still drop.
the only thing that I can think of that would be considered rare, would be the white chests that we used to get.
Now they come with the shipwreck name on them.

NewMIBloot.jpg

this is all of the new items that were added.
the porthole, can open and close

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
all the old items can still drop.
the only thing that I can think of that would be considered rare, would be the white chests that we used to get.
Now they come with the shipwreck name on them.

View attachment 104870

this is all of the new items that were added.
the porthole, can open and close
Ya, I saw that pic on the link @Grace of Minoc noted.

I have subsequently pulled up an Anchor Chain and a Porthole.

I also finally got an Ancient SOS and got a couple additional new items.

What is the Salted Serpent Steak? I saw it mentioned in this post, but nothing about its use.

Chrille

Sage
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Glorious Lord
You can still get the white chests with no name attached to them. Fish up a Kotl ancient mib and you get one.

You use 3 salted serpent steaks to make a charybdis bait.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Also, the Anchor and Chain are designed to where you can place the chain to the right of the anchor, and it looks as if the Anchor is hooked into the chain.

WiggyJiggyJed

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Another quick fishing question....

I just discovered that Eodon no longer spawns dungeon fish.:confused:

So, I've been going to Shame L2 (right by the teleporter from L1), which isn't bad , but the random stray Mud Elemental can be annoying. Not that they are difficult, but with their stats, they can take a couple minutes to drop.

What are your favorite "safe" dungeon fishing spots? (for when you need to fill orders)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The Underworld. Requires teleportation (spell or scrolls - anyone can use Teleport scrolls at about 60-100% success race, depending on race).

1. Go into underworld, and through the secret door.
2. Run past the rotworms and blood elemental, and take the teleporter across at the broken bridge.
3. Walk back onto the broken remains of the bridge from the Abyss entrance side. (spot A)
4. Teleport down to the single block in the middle of the waterfall (spot B). You have two resource squares to fish there. (and room for 8-10 lobster traps)
5. When you're fished out, teleport to under the south base of the broken bridge (spot C). There's two more resource squares to fish there.
6. When those are done, teleport back to the single block. Repeat 4 & 5 until you run out of space/storage room.
7. Recall out or teleport back to the north broken bridge to leave.

Best done while riding a beetle (remember to remount before each teleport), or have pets elsewhere and log out to bring them down. (in which case you will have to do the log out/in bit after each teleport). The area appears to be totally safe, unless someone lures an aggro spellcaster to the area you teleport down from (from one of the goblin areas).

STAN-fishing.png underworldfish.JPG