• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[BUG] Recall and SJ

C

Caelas

I have an issue with recalling and SJ on multiple characters in the EC. Sometimes I have to try to recall / SJ off my runebook (default location set to my house) several times before the spell actually works. The words show, the sound is played...but I go nowhere and no errors (Something blocking that location, etc) are displayed. Mana is usually consumed, sometimes it isn't.

Very frustrating.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Oh, so I'm not crazy?! That's good to hear! happens to me too from time to time, always asumed it was my fault somehow.

Storm

UO Forum Moderator
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
Not sure if this has anything to do with it but I have found that if i double click on my book to recall it wont work ! but if i single click it does,this is out of the hot bar!

C

Caelas

I've seen it severla ways.

Cast spell, click book in hotbar.
Cast spell, click book in bag
Open book, select destination, click spell name.

I haven't tried just using single runes...but I wouldn't be too surprised to see it then as well.

B

BlackMagus

Also noticed this a handful of times.

I mostly I waited it out and still moved after like 10 secs or so.

I think this might also be related to really bad ping occuring, and just be some strange visual effect for freezing due to server line crossing, like you can have it in other situations - which makes it worse since the character is probably already over at the destination while you sit waiting for the Recall to happen. Very evil, but luckily very very seldom.

Merion

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I usually use

Recall spell in hotbar - target stored (runebook)
Recall spell in hotbar - target cursor - runebook in bag

lucitus

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But i dont think it is a EC problem, it happens when the whereto subsever doesnt response.

The mana consumend and the sound is played is a sign for me that your spell has been registered by the server, so it is no Interface problem or anything like that.