• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Reasons why strangle is overpowered.

G

1. At GM it lasts for 22 seconds (the longest and most damaging offensive spell if the player has low stamina, which is the case 95% of the time thanks to pain strike).
2. It increases the speed of the ticks as it goes on for longer, this makes it much harder to time through, almost as if it's random. This is why bleed is not as overpowered as strangle is, bleed is a consistent speed thus much easier to cast through.
3. The ticks can do between 10-19 damage if your low on stamina, at the last stages it will be doing that much damage per second. Resulting in upwards of 40 damage in a matter of moments, and at the same time the other player is still casting.
4. At 105 necromancy, you will never fail strangle. The same cannot be said for any other most damaging spell for a class.
5. It is roughly the same casting speed as a flamestrike, yet is 3x more damaging and will last 22x longer.

Despite what people think it's far easier to keep someone strangled than it is to keep yourself remove cursed. A talisman can only be used once every 1200 seconds, apples will not last forever and to maintain remove curse you need high karma, which is almost impossible for reds to maintain.

I'm sure I've missed some points or got some wrong but I think you get the picture. I played a necro for roughly 2 months after the scribe mage nerfs and I know how overpowered it is, as I was literally impossible to kill 1v1. I went to a wrestle scribe for something less overpowered.

Now the question is: What could the dev's do to fix strangle, while keeping it still useful in PvP? Some people have already made a few suggestions, some good, some bad. However I think most people (bar a few necro's) are in agreeance with the fact that it's overpowered. My suggestion is simple: It should be at a constant pace, much like bleed, however with less ticks than at the moment (so the total time would be increase by 1 second per 10 spirit speak, 120 spirit speak it would last for 12 seconds.).

T

Trailer Trash

i agree with you strangle is way overpowered, I cant stand the precast strangle guys. I never had a problem with strangle till they put the timer on apples!!!
Now we are defenseless against strangle

G

I don't know who was asking that Strangle be extended for another round of damage. Maybe if it did not disrupt spell casting it would be less of a bother. If you don't have remove curse Strangle is a killer.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe if it did not disrupt spell casting it would be less of a bother

[/ QUOTE ]

BBQ Likes this Idea

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Maybe if it did not disrupt spell casting it would be less of a bother

[/ QUOTE ]

BBQ Likes this Idea

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I quite like this one too. It's quite simple.

ake

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
ther r many ways to avoid or make painless strangle...

stamina regen on ur suit (no other requirement)
refresh potions (no other requirement)
remouve curse (karma)
eapple (timer)
talisman (timer) but u can have many in ur backpack

stop crying about strangle nub... improve ur skill as player...

I

imported_ParadoxUO

Bring back apples?

if cure potions remove poison... and warriors need 200+ skill to maximize the poison.

why cant apples remove curse... and necros also need 200+ skill to maximize their spells?

just a thought from someone new to all this...

I

imported_dexdash

Using the magic resist spell also lessens the effects of strange

Toguro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
50 chiv &gt; 105necro/100 spiritspeak
enchanted apples &gt; 105necro/100spiritspeak
remove curse talisman &gt;105necro/100 spiritspeak

Necromancy hasnt gotten anything new save excorism since its release in 03 yet theres been 2 new counters to it since than. If you honestly have that much trouble with strangle than maybe you need to work on your own pvp prowess instead of screaming for a nerf because you cant learn to counter it.

Spiels and rants is that way &gt;&gt;

*edit*
" to maintain remove curse you need high karma, which is almost impossible for reds to maintain."

WRONG
reds can get to neutral karma from killing monsters which is more than enough to cast remove curse on a consistent basis

Dol'Gorath

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

remouve curse (karma)
eapple (timer)

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't forget focus skill.

G

Actually, i think just cutting the Apple timer to 40 seconds between em would be fine.

I

imported_TurboTimmy

<blockquote><hr>

remouve curse (karma)
eapple (timer)

[/ QUOTE ]

ake you obviously have never experienced strangle except for the plus side of it, which is when you cast it on someone else. there is no skill in strangle, thats why people want it gone. (or at least lessened)

a precasted 22 second damaging effect? NOW THATS SKILL

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]
Damage is not the issue. Being able to disrupt casting ~13 times over nearly 1 minute is. You can't even time casting between the damage because it is variable.

S

slasherofveils

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

god why do people keep saying/thinking its 22 seconds?

its TWELVE (12) SECONDS, not 22

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

god why do people keep saying/thinking its 22 seconds?

its TWELVE (12) SECONDS, not 22

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe because it is 22 seconds.

by 12 secs on Strangle yall mean 12 ticks? like 5, 4, 3, 2, 1; 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1 (that would be 22 seconds, no?)

its 12 ticks now instead of 11 if thats what you're confused about
not 22

yeah that's my point the patch notes should say 12 ticks not seconds hehe, because the way strangle is supposed to work is on ticks (or, the power of necro / 10 for a max power of 12, which does the 5...4...3, etc.)

Yep! Sorry, should be ticks not seconds. The dev team has multiple meanings for "tick," the other is 1/4 seconds, and this one for stacks of time intervals :p

Tim "Draconi" Cotten - UO Lead Designer - EA Mythic

I

imported_mr.blackmage

you didn't really give an answer. You would need probably about 25 stamina regen to offset being pain strike spammed, and refresh potions run out, not to mention that pain spike can be spammed faster than you can chug.

I've said for years that they should make strangle able to be casted through. I think that this should be the same for all dots. There are enough ways to interrupt a mage without passive interrupts.

G

<blockquote><hr>

WRONG
reds can get to neutral karma from killing monsters which is more than enough to cast remove curse on a consistent basis

[/ QUOTE ]

Yet when you kill two blues, they count you, that karma is pretty much gone.

<blockquote><hr>

Necromancy hasnt gotten anything new save excorism since its release in 03 yet theres been 2 new counters to it since than.

[/ QUOTE ]

Um? You missed the bit where they beefed up their casting time speeds dramatically did you? The one where poison strike was the speed of fireball and doing 30 damage and painstrike was weaken speed... not to mention wither which didn't get changed. That change was not tested, was not mentioned and was just thrown in. I think a developer must be playing a necro for PvP because all the latest changes have sure as hell made them stronger (e.g nerfing scribe mages who could thrash necro's, increasing the strangle timer when nobody even mentioned it so they obviously went out of there way to look at it and make it stronger and of course, changing the casting times so you couldn't rebound anymore... making necro's strangle even more powerful and dexxers even lamer).

Has magery gotten anything new since 03? Theres sure as hell been nerfs to it in almost every publish.

<blockquote><hr>

Spiels and rants is that way &gt;&gt;

[/ QUOTE ]

You just don't want the dev's to actually read how overpowered necro's are.

G

<blockquote><hr>

remouve curse (karma)
eapple (timer)

[/ QUOTE ]

Stamina regen: Change my whole suit to counter one spell? Doesn't that tell you it's overpowered? (not to mention stamina regen won't do anything basically v 1 painstrike).

Refresh potions: So I'm forced to carry around a crutch which can again be countered by one spell... doesn't that tell you it's overpowered? (this won't stop me from being disrupted at near RANDOM intervals).

Remove curse: So I'm forced to change my template now to counter one spell, doesn't that tell you it's overpowered? (again... reds and karma = waste of time trying to maintain it unless you can't kill any blues).

Apple: See refresh potions. (It's on a timer too, but I wouldn't use it even if it wasn't on a timer because I shouldn't be forced to carry around a crutch to counter one spell)

Talisman: So I should carry around remove curse talismans? Lets see, if I had 5, that would cost me 3k gold per death... I could use those 5, well 5 times in roughly 30 seconds, then I would have to wait 6000 seconds again till I could use all 5.

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You play a necro... improve ur skill as a player...

It's like people who had 4fc saying it WASN'T gimped when everyone was crying about it... everyone else clearly knew it was gimped, it's just the people who have it have a clear bias. As I said, I went on a necro mage, nobody could beat me at all... it's a joke how I could strangle them then omen poison (never failing poison) and keep them painstriked/unable to cure and strangle would kill them.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

1. At GM it lasts for 22 seconds (the longest and most damaging offensive spell if the player has low stamina, which is the case 95% of the time thanks to pain strike).

[/ QUOTE ]
There is no re-use timer on total refresh pots, divine fury is also a full stam refresh, mages can create food which refreshes stamina, necros can summon dark wolfs for stam regen and ninjas can go in ki-rin form for extra stam regen. I'm not saying these are entire counters (&amp; they shouldn't be) but not many people will be at low stamina 95% of the time. (or any other made up statistic)

<blockquote><hr>

2. It increases the speed of the ticks as it goes on for longer, this makes it much harder to time through, almost as if it's random. This is why bleed is not as overpowered as strangle is, bleed is a consistent speed thus much easier to cast through.

[/ QUOTE ]
If you remove strangle when the ticks are close together combined with your normal ability to heal between the long ticks then it's not particularly bad, even less so with no delay stam refresh.

<blockquote><hr>

3. The ticks can do between 10-19 damage if your low on stamina, at the last stages it will be doing that much damage per second. Resulting in upwards of 40 damage in a matter of moments, and at the same time the other player is still casting.

[/ QUOTE ]
Unless you can't refresh your stamina which shouldn't ever be the case as every template has a way of doing it you will never be consistantly getting hit with 40 damage per second from strangle.

<blockquote><hr>

4. At 105 necromancy, you will never fail strangle. The same cannot be said for any other most damaging spell for a class.

[/ QUOTE ]
At 105 chivalry you never fail holy light which is the most damaging spell for it's class. Magery's (ignoring the fact there are many other factors such as resists to take into account) is at only 110.
Summoning a revenant or lethal poison do more damage than strangle.

<blockquote><hr>

5. It is roughly the same casting speed as a flamestrike, yet is 3x more damaging and will last 22x longer.

[/ QUOTE ]
Whats that got to do with anything? A dragon does 100x (exaggerated) more damage than a bunny rabbit doesn't mean the dragon should appologize. Which is all aside from the fact that how much damage it does compared with flame strike has huge other factors involved such as resists and stamina and that you can remove a strangle but you can't avoid a flame strike. (other than with evasion or fizzling them)

It's fairly easy to disrupt repeated strangle attempts rather than to remove them. Unless their pre casted but expecting a better counter than whats currently available to something cast off screen is as good as saying make the spell useless.

Often necros (wether the same one or someone else) re cast strangle before the first one has worn off, they do not stack, this resets the delay between ticks.

I think you should consider thinking about the way you deal with strangle, pvp is currently more balanced than it's been in a long time. Of course when other things have been nerfed such as nerve strike new templates will move higher up in the viability stakes.

I'm sure because I disagree with you that you will probably dismiss all this as me being someone who plays a necro. You'd be right I do (one char out of six), though I am also on the recieving end of strangle on five of those six chars (ones a mule) and although I do die sometimes to strangle ticks it's usually a result of having my heals successfully interupted when the ticks were far apart, which is my fault for not disrupting their other spells.

Strangle is not over powered.

(ai spamming dexxers however are)

G

Strangle IS one of the best spells in game, but on the same hand it is the WORST spell in game.

A. Strangle can be removed 3 ways, tailsman, apples, and chivalry remove curse. So if the person is prepared, and playing the right template (which would be a paladin who have an EASY time against necros ill explain later more), then the necor has to spend a minimum of 29x4 mana=116 mana to finally get a strangle going on a paladin that he only had to use 29 mana so far to remove 1.

B. Strangle damage in BASED upon your stamina. So for ALL these people who are complaining mostly about it, are the mages who play templates templates with like 20-30 dexterity, so they get hit with one pain spike and of course they are taking 19-21 damage a tick. They cant chug TR's fast enough.
-If you KEEP your stamina up even with 100 resist versus 120 Spirit speak you will only take about 20-30 damage for the entire spell. That means a necro has to spend 29 mana to do maybe less than 30 points of damage. Refresh pots, divince fury, stamina regen items, ALL sorts of ways to keep your stamina up which basically destorys a necros strangle

C. Necros only have 4 spells that do damage, pain spike, strangle, poison strike, and reverants. Now 1 of those heals itself after time, and one is a direct damage spell thats ALREADY been nerfed recently not horribly, but less. Reverants are summons and can be dispeled even carry a 50 hit dispel weapon and you're set.
My point being, strangle the only really good spell about necros. Why are you going to put them into the dirt just because the outcry is all from mages who don't manage their own stamina during a fight correctly.

Its not a necro issue its a stamina management issue that is easily avoided if prepared for which can basically put a necro down to 3 spells and weapon damage, and if you can't handle that then maybe you should just be a necro as well and adapt right, thats what all the blue tamers in guardzone keep telling me.

I

imported_Lord GOD(GOD)

<blockquote><hr>

Stamina regen: Change my whole suit to counter one spell? Doesn't that tell you it's overpowered? (not to mention stamina regen won't do anything basically v 1 painstrike).

[/ QUOTE ]
No, that tells me your first suit sucked. Thats not the only place to get stamina regen.

<blockquote><hr>

Refresh potions: So I'm forced to carry around a crutch which can again be countered by one spell... doesn't that tell you it's overpowered? (this won't stop me from being disrupted at near RANDOM intervals).

[/ QUOTE ]
No, that tells me your complaining about a soloution rather than listening to it. Your not forced to do anything but your the one saying it's over powered when it isn't just because you chose not to use a counter is your fault.

<blockquote><hr>

Remove curse: So I'm forced to change my template now to counter one spell, doesn't that tell you it's overpowered? (again... reds and karma = waste of time trying to maintain it unless you can't kill any blues).

[/ QUOTE ]
No that tells me you weren't thinking when you built your template, again your not forced to do anything but you can't deny theres more soloutions to YOUR problem than there is problem.

<blockquote><hr>

Apple: See refresh potions. (It's on a timer too, but I wouldn't use it even if it wasn't on a timer because I shouldn't be forced to carry around a crutch to counter one spell)

[/ QUOTE ]
Well your wrong on refresh pots so we should listen to you making a lot of noise about nothing? It's not to counter one spell they've been in game and in fel since long before strangle even existed. Saying you shouldn't be forced to carry counter measures to things that you think are over powered is like me saying I shouldn't have to get melee defense on my mage (I damn well should if I don't want to get hit all the time) and you damn well should stop blaming everyone else for something YOU have a problem with.

<blockquote><hr>

Talisman: So I should carry around remove curse talismans? Lets see, if I had 5, that would cost me 3k gold per death... I could use those 5, well 5 times in roughly 30 seconds, then I would have to wait 6000 seconds again till I could use all 5.

[/ QUOTE ]
All your counter arguments are the same and their all invalid and inaccurate. You could carry hundreds of them but if you use one then equip another the timer is still on. It is not a stand alone soloution and if you weren't being deliveberately pedantic you'd know that.

<blockquote><hr>

You play a necro... improve ur skill as a player...

[/ QUOTE ]
Another riddiculous rebuttle, you can sit there having a pointless sniping template war all you like, but there are soloutions your just chosing not to use them.

I

imported_Heartseeker

No it isn't.

Only mages have problems with it.

My dexor doesn't at all.

Every template has certain advantages.

Pvp will never be totally balanced, nor should it be.(right now it's close.)

You could always cast protection on
, if you're that concerned.

I

imported_dexdash

ok so it sounds like youre playing a mage which is a hard template to begin with (64 spells plus pots plus trapped box plus appes plus specials) are a lot of macros to keep track of. try watching a necro fight a chiv sammy, not only can they remove the curses but they can Evade the damage of the strangle. every temp has a temp that is hard to fight for mages its necros. for necros its chiv sammy etc

I

imported_mr.blackmage

you are right, there are ways to counter strangle, but remove curse is the only ACTUAL way. the others are all consumable resources, and stamina regen is NEVER going to be able to override spammed pain strike. You can't chug fast enough to replenish your stam if you're being pain spike spammed, and that's 12 times in 20 seconds that you have to not cast a spell, which is clearly a HUGE advantage.

And a revenant hits like once every 10 seconds, and LP IS overpowered without potions anyways. Although every character class CAN cure it.

Toguro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
dude my guess is you run around with 20-30 dex so the stam loss from pain spike owns you and/or you have LOW poison resist

ALSO
"I think a developer must be playing a necro for PvP because all the latest changes have sure as hell made them stronger (e.g nerfing scribe mages who could thrash necro's, increasing the strangle timer when nobody even mentioned it so they obviously went out of there way to look at it and make it stronger"

yet in your original post:
"I'm sure I've missed some points or got some wrong but I think you get the picture. I played a necro for roughly 2 months after the scribe mage nerfs and I know how overpowered it is, as I was literally impossible to kill 1v1. I went to a wrestle scribe for something less overpowered."

first you say scribe mages are less overpowered than you say they "thrash" necro mages
keep your story straight if you're gona make a "OMG I JUST DIED TO ___" nerf thread
also Id bet cash you're not as good as you claim to be, cmon "when I was necromage NO ONE could kill me" blah blah blah you got owned by a necro get over it already

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TC1 Has Been Updated
Jeremy Dalberg
08 Feb 2008 18:07:24 EST
Test Center 1 has been updated with the following:

- The changes to Strangle from the previous test build have been removed

- Fixed an exploit where Champ Spawns can be guardwhacked

- Fixed an issue where only one pitcher of milk (of two) worked for Chocolatiering

- Fixed an issue in crafting using runic tools for damage increase

S

Sergul'zan_SP

<blockquote><hr>

No it isn't.

Only mages have problems with it.

My dexor doesn't at all.

Every template has certain advantages.

Pvp will never be totally balanced, nor should it be.(right now it's close.)

You could always cast protection on
, if you're that concerned.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have to agree. I play a pure mage on Siege, and the few necros I've run into haven't had a "huge" advantage with strangle. If we can survive them without all the item noobitry plaguing normal shards, then perhaps the items need some nerfing?

I

imported_mr.blackmage

<blockquote><hr>

I have to agree. I play a pure mage on Siege, and the few necros I've run into haven't had a "huge" advantage with strangle. If we can survive them without all the item noobitry plaguing normal shards, then perhaps the items need some nerfing?

[/ QUOTE ]

Are those necros 2/6 with 40% lmc and an extra 120 skill points due to a -magery weapon? I get what your point is, but the game is item based now. While items clearly are problems, since it is an item based game, everything else has to be worked around the items, not the other way around.

G

Strangle also has no recast delay. If you do manage to remove curse or eat an apple or it wears off, they just cast it again and again.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I have to disagree with. AI was very nerfed a while back and is no longer viable as a serious attack plan. Even with max lower mana cost and 120 tactics you need around 90 mana to consistently kill someone because you need to chain the AI back to back no less than 3 and usually more like 4 or 5 times to kill ONE player due to pots being chugged and heals being spammed. So now you burnt ALL of your mana to kill one guy what are you going to do about the others who are now surrounding you while your a sitting duck with no mana to help you? Yeah time to run like hell until you got some mana huh.

Toguro

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Strangle also has no recast delay. If you do manage to remove curse or eat an apple or it wears off, they just cast it again and again.

[/ QUOTE ]

which can be easily interrupt due to the cast time.

and the bit about the apples/remove curse I could say the same thing about Curse; drops all my resists except for physical to 60 and reduces my hp/mana/stam by a considerable amount and lasts for a hell of alot longer than strangle does

you can nerf strangle as soon as you nerf curse
go go balance

G

<blockquote><hr>

dude my guess is you run around with 20-30 dex so the stam loss from pain spike owns you and/or you have LOW poison resist

[/ QUOTE ]

I run around with 85 poison resist, 15 dex with 30 focus and 3 stam regen... I also carry a lot of TR's as I basically have to.

<blockquote><hr>

first you say scribe mages are less overpowered than you say they "thrash" necro mages

[/ QUOTE ]

I said I went to scribe wrestle... the scribe mages that got nerfed were fencing/swords ones... which I could thrash a necro mage on via bleeding them and having far superior timing.

<blockquote><hr>

also Id bet cash you're not as good as you claim to be, cmon "when I was necromage NO ONE could kill me" blah blah blah you got owned by a necro get over it already

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? Which is why I'm probably the best PvPer on my shard besides two people who never play... and I can beat them in 1v1's. No necro "owns" me 1v1, however in a field fight strangle couldn't be anymore annoying... I'm sure lesser pvpers fighting lesser pvpers on scribe wrestle v necro mage, the necro would win 10/10 times.

I'd gladly take your cash though... ask anybody who's not bias because they hate me on oceania (which is a hell of a lot of people) and they'll agree that I'm in the top 2-3 pvpers.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

which can be easily interrupt due to the cast time.

and the bit about the apples/remove curse I could say the same thing about Curse; drops all my resists except for physical to 60 and reduces my hp/mana/stam by a considerable amount and lasts for a hell of alot longer than strangle does

you can nerf strangle as soon as you nerf curse
go go balance

[/ QUOTE ]

Necro mages strangle and curse... go figure? Curse is fine and it always has been.

G

oceania is not a hell of a lot of people its a minor shard in my opinion. Then again I play LS and consider it a mid size shard. If you are that good you should come over to my shard and try your luck. You may go home disappointed.

Oh if you do come to LS be sure to PM because I would be happy to fight your char.

L

Lord_Asterix

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

The only thing I have to disagree with. AI was very nerfed a while back and is no longer viable as a serious attack plan. Even with max lower mana cost and 120 tactics you need around 90 mana to consistently kill someone because you need to chain the AI back to back no less than 3 and usually more like 4 or 5 times to kill ONE player due to pots being chugged and heals being spammed. So now you burnt ALL of your mana to kill one guy what are you going to do about the others who are now surrounding you while your a sitting duck with no mana to help you? Yeah time to run like hell until you got some mana huh.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have killed many people on my archer with AI spammage.

G

Petrify... it's quite easy to keep your Karma up as a red.

Just spend 20 minutes killing red mages a day, and you're golden.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

After they nerfed the spawn rate, that 20 minutes turns into an hour.

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I have killed many people on my archer with AI spammage.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes but archers and other dexxers are very different. Bows and swords/maces/fencing have a huge difference you also build a suit for an archer much differently than for non ranged characters.

<blockquote><hr>

who are you on LS?

[/ QUOTE ]

Doomsday Dragon who else?
Midnight Dragon (My Dexxer I currently use for pvp)

I also have another character I am working on though that is red and will be my primary PvP character for now I am stuck using my blue dexxer which still isn't awful just not built strickly for PvP use lol. My red will be Crimson Dragon but that is a ways off due to the need for a complicated suit and bizarre template I am learning.

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

After they nerfed the spawn rate, that 20 minutes turns into an hour.

[/ QUOTE ]

Evil Mage Lords Covetous felucca 20 minutes the spawn rate is still pretty fast on them some times even instant. I notice no difference now than before the change and that is where I have always maxed fame/karma at.

R

RAEL of LS

rtf...

My necro is at 110 and Strangle is ok and effective in pvp... but in pvm it doesnt do that much for me... the one good defense I have against strangle is spirit speak, I can heal through the damage with it and wait out the timer, SS doesnt take much mana and it always works @ 100.... I also use Gift of Renewal and that keeps me floating above the damage from strangle, too... It is all about mechanics... Use them to the fullest extant that you can without abusing the ToS...

Strangle is devastating to mage types, but vs my dexxer it doesnt slow me down ever...

People always complain about overpowered this or overpowered that and never really try to find ways to counter-act or defend against them... (or they just dont know how to figure it out...) It is usually a pretty easy thing to find someone that knows how to counter such attacks... but don't worry, if enough people whine about it it will be nerfed and the next over-powered issue will surface not far behind...

*Sorry... all out of cheese to go with your whine...*

RAEL of LS