• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Real skill

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've noticed that taming, real skill, is much more powerfull that the same skill with jewels.
I mean, i have a tamer with 120 taming real amd other tamers, on the same shard, with 120 with jewels. The one who has the real skill can tame better then the others, easier and with less chances of falilure.
I'm sure of this. I'ìve been playing in 3 different shard and it's the same in every shard. The tamer that has much real skill is advantaged :(
There is someone who has the same problem?
If it's possible that I have to raise taming to 120 to all my tamers?
:(

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think it's the skill items. I find that stronger pets are more stubborn to tame, albeit I've never seen an equation that supports my opinion. I'd say it isn't the items but the pets you're taming and also possibly the stats and skills of your tamer having an effect too. I think it's the pets, but without any evidence who knows what wierd coding has gone undetected?

You don't need 120 skill on your other tamers though. You can always use the 120 tamer to tame and then transfer to other chars, but I find my younger tamers are quite able to get their own pets with much less skill. I'll have 1 tamer at 120 and the rest will stop at 105 or 110 depending on what pets they want to use.

Wenchy

G

gramarye

I don't think it's the skill items. I find that stronger pets are more stubborn to tame, albeit I've never seen an equation that supports my opinion. I'd say it isn't the items but the pets you're taming and also possibly the stats and skills of your tamer having an effect too. I think it's the pets, but without any evidence who knows what wierd coding has gone undetected?

You don't need 120 skill on your other tamers though. You can always use the 120 tamer to tame and then transfer to other chars, but I find my younger tamers are quite able to get their own pets with much less skill. I'll have 1 tamer at 120 and the rest will stop at 105 or 110 depending on what pets they want to use.

Wenchy
I'm confused. How do I transfer pets from one of my chars to another? I can't have both logged in at the same time. I guess I'm just missing something.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I help out guildies transfering from one char to another all the time.

I have two comps myself and two accounts, so I just make my husband (he plays as well, why two accounts) log on the recipient tamer for me and I transfer from one to the other.

Many of us get into this spiral where we start making everything into a tamer for the stable slots. I myself have 6 just on my main shard, two at 120s and the others GM or above.

I have never seen a difference between the 120 tamers and the lower ones jeweled up to 120. I have seen a difference between the two 120s. I usually have much more luck taming with one than the other. That is probably just the RNG hating me. We all know how wacky it gets sometimes.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm confused. How do I transfer pets from one of my chars to another? I can't have both logged in at the same time. I guess I'm just missing something.
I use multiple accounts, transfer onto the second account, change chars and then transfer to the proper owner. Or if I'm just using 1 then I ask a friend to hold pets while I change characters. Either works well.

Wenchy