• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

(Question) Real pvp mages i have a question.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How does a mystic mage kill a 6x 120 dexer with wep skill bush healing anat and instant cast cure potions along with orange petals.

If i can get my initial dump off of exp, plague strike, spam small spells and take half there life. Okay by the time thats done they bandage/pot back to full. Granted i only have gm eval this is not enough to finish the job.

Can i get some advice pls. I know we have some damn good mages who could kill these dexers in a cage.

The Cheapsuit

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You don't have enough damage, you definitely need 120 eval and maybe even inscription. No I'm not a mage but have been on every side of the dexxer fence and I know what works against them. Time his heals and figure a way to interrupt them. If you're able, keep him disarmed.

Again this is advice from someone who is probably the worst mage in history. :)

F

Førsaken

Time his heals and figure a way to interrupt them.
Good advice. It's hard when using a mage weapon template, because you can really only rely on poison at the absolute right time and spells to disrupt they're max heals.

I normally try to go big and when the RNG goes your way, you win. If it doesn't you just prolong your win. I lead with Exp + Curse; If they immediately apple/remove curse like most incompetent people do, I Exp + Curse (again) + Exp + Spell Plague + try really hard to time their heal ticks & POISON + Hail Storm. At that point I Exp + Poison + Spell Plague + MA-NB. If you succeeded in getting this off, managing to stop his heal or at least disrupted it enough to not heal much, you should be able to spell trigger-Bombard for the finishing touch. This includes the opponent already using a greater heal potion and a bandage or 2. *Again, the RNG is your win, else it just gets dragged out due to disruptions.*

That's roughly how I do it, but you really can't know how it's going to go down until you're face-to-face and seeing their play style.

*Note* If they're super disrupt *****s and disarming you and whatnot, protection is your friend and I've killed many dexers while fully in protection mode. Quite funny! (They could get lucky and drop you if you don't watch your heals + heal stone)

Just my .02 ...

Critical Gaming

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here's what I do on Atlantic

Curse - protection

Explosion Plague hailstorm hailstorm trigger

If they decide to evade, just hold the spell for a few seconds then continue to dump.

You got healstones and gheal/cleansing so they won't kill you in protection.

Sometimes they'll run so you might need to let your HP get low to make them stick around.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much gentlemen. Still working a couple more skills but i hope to see you in atl fel soon.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why hail guys? i notice typhoon has some mana/stam dmg but not sure why hail. is it just big dmg?

V

Vaelix

why hail guys? i notice typhoon has some mana/stam dmg but not sure why hail. is it just big dmg?
Its faster and the Extra little Bonus of Typhoon isn't worth the 8th Level Cast.

Roland'

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Good advice. It's hard when using a mage weapon template, because you can really only rely on poison at the absolute right time and spells to disrupt they're max heals.

I normally try to go big and when the RNG goes your way, you win. If it doesn't you just prolong your win. I lead with Exp + Curse; If they immediately apple/remove curse like most incompetent people do, I Exp + Curse (again) + Exp + Spell Plague + try really hard to time their heal ticks & POISON + Hail Storm. At that point I Exp + Poison + Spell Plague + MA-NB. If you succeeded in getting this off, managing to stop his heal or at least disrupted it enough to not heal much, you should be able to spell trigger-Bombard for the finishing touch. This includes the opponent already using a greater heal potion and a bandage or 2. *Again, the RNG is your win, else it just gets dragged out due to disruptions.*

That's roughly how I do it, but you really can't know how it's going to go down until you're face-to-face and seeing their play style.

*Note* If they're super disrupt *****s and disarming you and whatnot, protection is your friend and I've killed many dexers while fully in protection mode. Quite funny! (They could get lucky and drop you if you don't watch your heals + heal stone)

Just my .02 ...
That spell break down is just ****in awesome. You definitly know your ****. Thanks again.