• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Alchemy] Reagent Gathering

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am just pondering the whole buying reagent system.
The whole buy 20...then buy 40...then buy 80 and so on.
Is this system still useful?
Is it time to reconsider this?
Does it still serve a purpose?
Is it a bit antiquated?
Is this one of those things that has become more of a nuisance than the benefit from the original plan/reason?

I am approaching it from an alchemists point of view.
As an alchemist running a high volume alchemist vendor, I spend a lot of time gathering reagents.
To get 10k of one reagent takes probably 2 hours.

What are some other players thoughts?
Post if you care to explore ideas.

not asking for a change, but if a Dev is reading this maybe asking for a re-evaluation.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I loathe reg runs and would do anything possible to get out of them! It's certainly one of the more boring aspects of the game, and it's something I'd like to see re evaluated.

TullyMars

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thinking more on this...

If it is a choice of cheap regs and the 20-40-80 system or the add 1 gold for every 1000 bought system...
I think I'd stick with the 20-40-80 system.

Also, while I am pondering, how about regs spawning on ground?
Does anyone stop to pick up these regs anymore?

If you hunt reagents...
Seems the only sure supply of regs is from t-maps or for necro regs - undead guardians in the Tomb Of Kings. I am sure there are more but most monsters have too few to "farm". Perhaps increasing the reagent count on some monster loot might go hand in hand with the 1 gold increase for 1000 system.

Still just pondering, as I wait for this mage shop to respawn hehe.

Saunders

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When training inscription, I bought vast quantities of reagents from faction sellers in Fel (particularly from the roof on Moonglow bank). They don't seem to be selling but overpriced bottles these days on Europa, but maybe on your shard it might still work?