• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Reading these recent posts a great idea just came to me

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I am full of great ideas here is another one of those that could be sticked.
Its called Unique Item Tracking Guide: All these recent posts said this is dupped that is dupped etc etc.. well I say there are a lot more unique items out there in the hands of "Rare Protectors". So I say lets make a post and each time an unqiue is sold or traded off, if we can track it. And for those of you who post and we think its not unique anymore other posters can jump in and correct it. So if you think you've got uniques please post here.

Lets start with

Barry Trotter:
1. Embrace the Abyss
2. Terathian Silk Shirt
3. Ithlesis Sting

I'll up date this list if Tomas agrees to stick it.

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sure, I can sticky it. Maybe you can make another thread with a more descriptive and shorter title?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess we should begin by defining exactly what we're looking for ~~ dictionary.com says:

u·nique Audio Help /yuˈnik/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[yoo-neek] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective
1. existing as the only one or as the sole example; single; solitary in type or characteristics: a unique copy of an ancient manuscript.
2. having no like or equal; unparalleled; incomparable: Bach was unique in his handling of counterpoint.
3. limited in occurrence to a given class, situation, or area: a species unique to Australia.
4. limited to a single outcome or result; without alternative possibilities: Certain types of problems have unique solutions.
5. not typical; unusual: She has a very unique smile.
–noun
6. the embodiment of unique characteristics; the only specimen of a given kind: The unique is also the improbable.

for many items, 'unique' fits, because there was one, and only one, created.... but there are other items which could also be considered due to collectors absolutely certain of the number originally created ... the problem with uh..... call them 'multiple uniques'? :lol: is that we may have completely lost track of where they have all ended up

so, why not start with this decision..... is the list to be limited to only single item rares?

S

Suzzy

That was what I was wondering Devil, cause apparently you and myself own the large tattered painting. According to the rare's list only 2 exist, so atleast we know who owns them.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
:D

and should you ever want to part with it, you know where it would be most happy, don't ya?

and yes, items like that are exactly what I was thinking about

O

Orc

large tattered painting?
I own it too,i bought it on chessy was around 2 yrs ago close i guess.So what its meaning?rofl:fake

S

Suzzy

Either there are 3 or it got duped? Who knows? Without an item being unique, it's hard to say how many of them are really out there and legit.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so already we're finding out that either

the list is inaccurate

items that were thought to not have been duped (at least this one, for me) were, in fact, duped