• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rate this Greater Dragon

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hiho,

pls rate this Dragon. Its on Drachenfels.

HP: 911
INT: 636
STR: 588

Resists: 84/90/55/59/75 (yes its only 2 points away from MAX STATS!)

Skills will be:

Magery 117,9
Wrestling: 120,1
Resist: 117,2
Tactics: 115,5

Never seen such a Dragon with those Resists and such stats and skills.

What do you think about this one?

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's very nice, but I think phys can be 90, not 85. Not much of a difference really though. Great HP, good magery, nice wrestle. I'd never look for another one if I had that one.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
thx a lot for rating. Phys Resist max is 85 :) BTW its a 4,6 on Pet Power Calculator with skills included.

Aibal

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Very, very nice drag. If I could tweak anything, it would be more strength, but that is an absolute keeper in any book. Congrats.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hrm wonder why i had 90 stuck in my head. My memory is just awful... :)

O

Old Man of UO

Errmmm... not a very good dragon at all. Looks bad to me... very bad. I would do you the favor of taking it off your hands, if you wouldn't mind transferring it to LS. Bad dragon... very bad.

Taylor

Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Pet Power Calculator calls him a 4.5 (4.6 when fully trained). He's a beast. Very nicely done.

Dibs if he shows up for sell on Atlantic. :D

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thank you very much.

Its the fourth greater Dragon i train up and i have to say this is the best one at all. You dont have to watch its HP when its fighting even when its fighting champions or champion spawns. Dont know if it will work good in pvp, but i will try too, when it is completly trained.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
991 hps
573/125/565
84/72/51/56/64
119.2 wrest
108.9 tactic
111.2 resist
116.5 magery
Is it worth the 750k being asked for it? To be honest, I'm too new to the profession to know...la

T

Turdnugget

If you're too lazy or don't know a tamer to help get you one... or 750k is chump change. It's not a bad GD. Pretty good wrestle/magery, mediocre tactics though.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am lazy, lol.

I will eventually get one myself, but want one that i can use while i'm still training...la

T

Turdnugget

For doing Peerless and such... or champion spawns it might suck due to low resists which means a lot more healing...

But I dunno how the market is for pets on Siege and how easy it is to farm gold. But then again you just steal everything, just steal the GD :thumbsup:

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Actually, i just found that even with my current jewelry, I can't control the beast to even get it into the stable. Oh well...la

T

Turdnugget

For 99% control you need 110/110 I believe. I never had issues w/that skill set.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Dunno what it's worth on Siege, but on Atlantic, I've seen 4.2s sell for 75 mil. On the other hand, I've bought a trained 4.1 for 3 mil. Regardless, a 4.6 + the right buyer, you'd be talking quite a chunk of money.

D

Drazasamus

nice thing nowadays, let it be transfered. recall to a stable, log out and back in. This works great for some more pain in the but pets.

G

guum

Dunno what it's worth on Siege, but on Atlantic, I've seen 4.2s sell for 75 mil. On the other hand, I've bought a trained 4.1 for 3 mil. Regardless, a 4.6 + the right buyer, you'd be talking quite a chunk of money.
That seems very high. The OP's dragon is definitely worth tens of millions, but 75mil for a 4.2 is slightly insane.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
That seems very high. The OP's dragon is definitely worth tens of millions, but 75mil for a 4.2 is slightly insane.
Note: I said I bought a 4.1 for 3 mil. Catch that? It all depends on who you sell it to. I have a guild mate, ASHLEY, who did sell a 4.2 for 75 mil. Want to ask him about it, let me know. Personally, I stick with the 3-5 mil range.

K

Kazumi the Wild

At its very best, a 4.2 could be worth tens of millions of gp, or could be worthless (to me), depending on WHICH of its stats provide the bulk of the high score.

That's why I've always seen the Pet Power Calculator as a sort of "ballpark" at best - too much of what makes each type of pet great isn't fully accounted for in the generalized formula used.

G

guum

Note: I said I bought a 4.1 for 3 mil. Catch that? It all depends on who you sell it to. I have a guild mate, ASHLEY, who did sell a 4.2 for 75 mil. Want to ask him about it, let me know. Personally, I stick with the 3-5 mil range.
No, I believe you. It just seems high to me. I mean, there's no question that a good greater is worth a bunch -- it's the most important "item" to a tamer (well a tamer that relies on a greater anyway), and a 4.2 is definitely a "good" dragon (mine's only a 4.0)...just saying that 75 mil seems like a lot of money for anything less than a "stellar" greater.

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
I saw the craziest dragon the other day. Another guild mate, Ashe (aka Seraph Montaire), tamed a 4.8. o_O The thing is a monster. He was already offered 200 mil for it untrained (wanna talk about pricey, lol).

I see what you're saying, though. I wouldn't have paid 75 mil either. I gave the 4.1 I bought to my wife (I paid 3 mil for it), and last night it beat ASHLEY's (guy who sold the 75 mil dragon) prize dragon. Just depends on how desperate the buyer is, I 'spose.

G

guum

A 4.8? Yeah, that's probably worth 200 mil. ;) I didn't know 4.8s actually existed. That's got to be like the best greater in UO, or pretty close to it.

tanotan

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i`ve sold my dragon from the top of the topic for more than 75 mio... and it was instantly transfered to atlantic, i guess, so watch out!

so long, amigos

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor
Hehe, Cal was the guy who tamed the 4.8. He's earned half, I think.

L

Lady Lovely

I have to hear about it on a daily basis so I feel I deserve a cut as well! lol:danceb:

Taylor

VIP
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Benefactor