• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Rares Festival 2010 (Jan, 8 , 9 ,10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Im needing a vendor spot if any left as well, will be brining afew rare items and some nice rubble to boot, might even try and sell a house lol
ICQ me at 320183972 if any spots left
Thx

Kimberly

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It looks like I will be attending the festival after all.

I would like to reserve a vendor spot, please. =)

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
If there are still spots, I would appreciate one. Icq 11944519

I will have various items including EM sashes, Christmas stag items, guild deed, Sea Serpent armor, statues with rare names, donuts, fishing weight, Exodus Lair snow globe, unnamed scrolls, and tree ornament jewelry.

L

LordDextonious

Hello, I would like to participate, and a vendor would be great. ICQ 557064

Selling:
-Old NPC ingots various colors
-Gold chessboard
-Stag Drops
-Angel Boxes (3 colors)
-Neon Boxes '08
-Old School Rarities
-Pacific Event Items

SevenDF

Journeyman
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Hello :)

I often visited the last Rares Festivals, and now i want to be part of it ;) I would like to reserve a vendor spot, please. =)

Greetings

Seven

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
What was the point of having it start on the 8th??

Almost every vendor is stocked already

Saint of Killers

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd like to get a vendor if any are still available.

Saint of Killers (in game). I'm usually easy to get a hold of via "general chat".

Have mostly old holiday rares, rubble, double blessed items.

S

Stewpid

What was the point of having it start on the 8th??

Almost every vendor is stocked already
LOL!!! I ran by too, the place is packed, and most if not every vendor is stocked! Will there be anything left when the actual rares event occurs, or will it just be the left over stuff people didn't sell pre-event? I'm kinda worried about transferring now to participate.

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL!!! I ran by too, the place is packed, and most if not every vendor is stocked! Will there be anything left when the actual rares event occurs, or will it just be the left over stuff people didn't sell pre-event? I'm kinda worried about transferring now to participate.
My vendor is stalked but I am saving all my true rares and event items (besides stag) for this weekend. I have just been selling rubbles and what not. This weekend the good stuff comes out.

irux

Rares Fest Host | GL Jan 2010
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yea most stock is being held for the official beginning alot of the stuff being put one the vendors is reg everyday vendor fodder, rubble and holiday stag. if you can make it early come join in on the pre celebration festival.

Those on the list who have not gotten a vendor the sooner the better so i can give out spots to those asking via icq and ingame.

Anyone who needs anything locked down for display to take offers etc.. just let me know i will friend you and lock off the room. let you lock it down or i can lock it down for ya.

any questions or concerns feel free to post, PM or icq ( 425 784 694)

UltimatePower

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to the Moa website, but who should we contact for the Saturday rares auction? Any other details on it would be appreciated. A Rune to the auction house, so we can submit items would be good. It wouldn't let me open the runebook on the house teleporter.

Thanks

JINX

irux

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I went to the Moa website, but who should we contact for the Saturday rares auction? Any other details on it would be appreciated. A Rune to the auction house, so we can submit items would be good. It wouldn't let me open the runebook on the house teleporter.

Thanks

JINX
Look for a full post 2morrow about how to submit and who.... but Illyana Strange and Emerald Ice are the contacts for this weekends auction

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
irux, i am awed by your organizational skills and rares-fest preparedness - this is promising to be a spectacular festival :)

irux

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
irux, i am awed by your organizational skills and rares-fest preparedness - this is promising to be a spectacular festival :)
TY :) i owe it all to the rares fest supported icqing me questions and comments :)

L

lupushor

I kindly ask for a vendor spot at this wonderful event. I know it's late but I hope to get at least the spot near the bathroom door. Thank thee!

Wolfy of Trinsic

(Catskills/Atlantic)

irux

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
anyone who signed up before the vendors starting to be placed has a reserved spot until Thursday night Jan 7th. anyone who is not on the reserve list come by that night or Friday morning and it first come first serve

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sent a PM but thought I would post here as well just in case. I would like a vendor spot if you still have any available. I have rubble, teleport tiles, rares, spring clean up, rare rose names, and tons of what not :)

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

V

Victorias_Secret

I need a vendor spot....

Bringing...

Blackrock Pilar
Black Widow spider
Icy Flame
Ranger Ingots
Pegan Regs
Small Treasure Box
Broken Minotaur Horn
Spam
Terathan Recruit Pack
Jawbreaker Gum
Chocalate

I am considering parting with my Smite'n'stick..... I will have this on GL, but I am really looking for trades of equal value only.

The Scandinavian

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hi there Evelyn_Marie,

welcome to Great Lakes.

And BTW,I want your npc ingots in your preview !
:D

Regards
The Scandinavian

irux

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
First Note Vendors Anyone who have one reserved last chance to claim your spot is at 10 CST. tonight (thrsday jan 7) after there are no more reserves the rest of the spots are on first come first Serve untill FULL.

Opening Ceremony Will be at noon CST. although tonight you shoppers will more than likly begin to see the Vendors begin to be stocked Tonight :)

AND THANK YOU ALL FOR ATTENDING. Seriously Thank you With Our the community support this would not be a Fest just a few guys setting up vendors :) the people make it the Festival. Welcome To Great Lakes and I hope you enjoy your Stay

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey Irux, I have sold pretty much everything I brought, so I'll be dropping my festival vendor this afternoon to make room for someone else. Thanks much!!!

Bazer

Slightly Crazed
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just wish someone would sell a Shroud of Tal'keesh or a Servant of Tal'Keesh robe, been tring to get one of thoese for forever and the back peice of the rubble ship

Pyccy

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
irux i tried to contact the icq you guys posted to put on auction some items i have and claim my vendor which i said i wanted in a previous post...Any help plz?Icq me 44480663

Gem

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Just got to give a big Thank You...the rares fest has been the best thing to hit GL in ages!

S

shulginist

Everything been awesome so far minus coco being a ****** dropping harbingers and lykors tunic being jacked. Thank you Xuri, Emmy and CFC and everyone else involved.

irux

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hope Every one is still having a blast Part 2 of auction is sunday at noon.(CST GMT -6)

at 5 CST Rares Fest will have a closing Ceremony where i will hand out a few prizes show up you may have won a prize and not know it :) ty all again the community makes it a fest the host just has a house.

S

shulginist

ty all again the cummunity makes it a fest the host just has a house.
Such modesty. I know there was a lot of work put into this so hopefully nobody on gl has taken it for granted.

Ken of Napa

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks irux for organizing this. It's been great!!!!
QFT !

This was the first Rares Fest I've been able to attend. Having a great time, sold a lot of stuff and spent about 300 mil so far. Still have a fair amount of gold to spend at auction part 2.

Thanks again, it went way to well to not be a ton of work ;)

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

shalanria

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Great job to you Irux and your staff! Great fun it was with a few little added extras :)

xxmoondancerxx

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Xuri!

Thank you so much for letting me put up a vendor! The rares fest was lots of fun I hope that there will be another in the near future!
Did a great job :thumbup:

Tempt

Gus of Llanowar

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event was interesting i must say that. Although i did once again see fake interior door keys being sold for 900k and a few player written books being sold for many millions. I myself even fell for one because i got to excited when i saw it to think about researching it before i bought it. And God bless the buyers who was buying the rares off of one vendor for 20 - 30 mil over the average selling price because i was waiting for the prices to drop the items were disappearing. There were only 3 vendors that fit into these two categories so overall is was still fun and i think the Harbringers were fun when they poped up also. Saw a few of the spammers got caught in his wraith LOL.

S

shulginist

And God bless the buyers who was buying the rares off of one vendor for 20 - 30 mil over the average selling price because i was waiting for the prices to drop the items were disappearing.

I know! I was wanting the unlit skull candle and maybe the open book but when they had the items listed for 2x-3x its price I couldn't bring myself to buying them.

irux

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rares Fest Has Come to a close :(

Thank you all for coming and thank you for the praise.

I hope every one had Immense fun, And look Forward to the next one to be hosted :) I Tell ya what though its alot of work GL to the next person who takes the Job :)

Few honerable mentions and some prizes given away at closing Ceremony

Most Re Stocked vendor - Jinx
Most People Kicked out of the house for blocking Vendors - Lykor
Most Persistent About Getting A vendor once we were Full - Peil
Most Spent at MOA - Two
Most Items Won At MOA - Two
Most Incognito( man of many alts ) - Manticore

Those above mentioned Won Gold Prizes if you haven't picked them up Icq me (425 784 694) to arrange time to pick up.

If you still have items / Gold to pick up from MOA please ICQ ME ASAP the vendor in the pit needs to be removed. As Well AS a quick thank you to the MOA staff Who gave up not just parts of thier saturday but also unscheduled Sunday to come in and make the auction happen - THANK YOU

Gabriella _ Gater
Thebe - Gater
Emerald Ice - Cashier
Melian - Cashier
Logan - Broker
Princess Melody - Security
Illyana Strange - Auctioneer

If you haven't already talked to me please start moving your items off you vendor this week ( watch for your contracts to Expire) . If you need longer let me know and i can Renew your contracts.

Again Thank you all you made this a wonderful Rares Fest :)

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The event was interesting i must say that. Although i did once again see fake interior door keys being sold for 900k and a few player written books being sold for many millions. I myself even fell for one because i got to excited when i saw it to think about researching it before i bought it. And God bless the buyers who was buying the rares off of one vendor for 20 - 30 mil over the average selling price because i was waiting for the prices to drop the items were disappearing. There were only 3 vendors that fit into these two categories so overall is was still fun and i think the Harbringers were fun when they poped up also. Saw a few of the spammers got caught in his wraith LOL.
I appreciated that vendor because it was one a few selling server birth rares, however the prices were insane!!! An open book for 45 million!!! I bought one of these a few months ago from Atlantic for 10 million. My boyfriend bought a singing ball from him for 100 million. I thought it was a little overpriced but we weren't sure if another one would pop up again. I think for anyone on a budget (like me) the way to get the best deals is one-on-one transactions from private sellers. One also had to scan vendors quickly because anything at a reasonable price was purchased and resold on another vendor at a higher price.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were a few vendors selling the typical "common items that people trick others into thinking are rare", too.

Aside from that and everyone sort of trickling away after the auction leaving it all feeling very anticlimactic, it was great. :)

L

lupushor

Loved it. Intense and well organized. Too bad the items presented didn't raise to the same level. Maybe next time :thumbup1:

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Festival seemed quite well organized. I did not get a chance to spend much time but I was at the auction which seemed top notch.

Closing this thread as its a pain to moderate threads with 100 posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.