• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rares Fest Rarefest Summer 2016

Promathia

Social Distancing Since '97
Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Did someone say Atlantic Rares Jubilee 2?!?!

....no

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The last thing I heard was that Sonoma is considering hosting one in September, but yeah that's a long time away. We need someone to satisfy our rares festival addictions!

:Begging:

(I'm happy to host some silent auction stuff on any shard, but I can't setup the entire festival)

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
then lets get one set up mid may then. or early may. impromptu rare fest! I know some peeps complain about them happening too much, but i'd like to see them 4 times a year. every 3 months is good to me

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wonder if I could get the temporary houses again that we used for the Jubilee

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Me and lonewolf own most of southwest zento... he could recustomize his 3 houses and host the fest there.... I'll sit at my house eating popcorn and watch. :)

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Me and lonewolf own most of southwest zento... he could recustomize his 3 houses and host the fest there.... I'll sit at my house eating popcorn and watch. :)
Usually a rares festival needs at least 6 houses, do you guys have that many?

2 for vendors (1 for rares, 1 for normal stuff)
2 for silent auctions (the first auction always fills up extremely fast, so only having one isn't really an option)
2 for other stuff (usually one for the backpack art and one for a live auction, lottery, stage, contests etc.)

If you guys can get enough houses I think that spot would be perfect for it!

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The last thing I heard was that Sonoma is considering hosting one in September, but yeah that's a long time away. We need someone to satisfy our rares festival addictions!

:Begging:

(I'm happy to host some silent auction stuff on any shard, but I can't setup the entire festival)
Where is Elenni? She's been noticeably missing for the past 2 months.

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Usually a rares festival needs at least 6 houses, do you guys have that many?

2 for vendors (1 for rares, 1 for normal stuff)
2 for silent auctions (the first auction always fills up extremely fast, so only having one isn't really an option)
2 for other stuff (usually one for the backpack art and one for a live auction, lottery, stage, contests etc.)

If you guys can get enough houses I think that spot would be perfect for it!
The "Trader's Auction House" during Chessy Rares Fest seemed to be a big hit (not to mention it offered overflow from the Silent Auction houses). Can we get one of those again?

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Where is Elenni? She's been noticeably missing for the past 2 months.
Elenni has had a lot going on. She's in touch, but had to back off of Stratics a lot to take care of personal and work issues. She's looking forward to participating more on Stratics when her time commitments ease up.

Captn Norrington

Stratics Forum Moderator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The "Trader's Auction House" during Chessy Rares Fest seemed to be a big hit (not to mention it offered overflow from the Silent Auction houses). Can we get one of those again?
@BrianFreud is the one who usually runs those, I guess that would be up to him. I agree it was a really cool idea. He might not have time with the new baby and everything though.

Restless

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
@BrianFreud is the one who usually runs those, I guess that would be up to him. I agree it was a really cool idea. He might not have time with the new baby and everything though.
His kid is playing now. Already has 3 accounts. Believe the kid will be holding their own mini-trader house auction. Brian will let him run 1 floor to learn the ropes.

Kolka

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Campaign Patron
Awesome. I still have the rune from all the raffles I didn't win, so I could just teleport in and walk over. Thanks Restless for getting Lonewolf to do this!

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Elenni was the one putting together Sonoma; I'd guess that's been on hold with her busy in RL. I'd also heard that GL wasn't going to happen after all. At the moment, the only fest I think is actively being planned is blend's Sakura fest in Jan (or so) of 2017.

As for a trader's auction, I've been happy to run them at future non-Atlantic fests. If I ran one on Atlantic, though, I'd be afraid of it getting way too big, like the Hidden Valley Auctions, esp with as much stuff as I'm quietly hearing people are planning to unload in the near future. I'd think an Atlantic fest would be maybe better served by maybe a couple of live auctions instead. Plus, the baby is a big time drain at the moment - May/June and he'll be just starting to crawl. :)

I just hope any Atlantic fest would be a true 'festival'... the 2015 jubilee was a bit too much "sell stuff" and too little "build community" for my tastes.

Promathia

Premium
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I just hope any Atlantic fest would be a true 'festival'... the 2015 jubilee was a bit too much "sell stuff" and too little "build community" for my tastes.
I'm sorry you felt that way. Everyone I worked with did so because of the community and had tons of fun doing it. Its a bit depressing to hear that's what you took from our efforts last time.

grimiz

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'm sorry you felt that way. Everyone I worked with did so because of the community and had tons of fun doing it. Its a bit depressing to hear that's what you took from our efforts last time.
Don't mind him - I'm sure he's just a sleep deprived new father. :p

The last Atlantic rares fest was the first one I had ever been to. I thought it was the best community event I have ever seen in all my years playing any MMO. I even got to talk to Mesanna while I was browsing around. Wasn't there even a campfire story telling event for all those roleplaying folk? What more could you ask for!?

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sonoma would be cool for a change.. pretty bitg ask to be fair with there lower population. status.. fingers crossed