• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] "Rare"(ish?) Use Best Weapon Composite Bow

E

Evlar

I've a Use Best Weapon composite bow, from way back when they would sometimes spawn as loot. As far as I'm aware, they don't any more and this modification can't be enhanced or imbued.

Also features additional imbued modifications as shown in the image below.

Obvious benefit, a melee weapon skill character can use a bow for ranged attacks.

I brought this over with me when I transferred from Great Lakes to Europa some time back, so am interested to gauge if there's many UBW bows around here these days, along with some form of valuation.

Y

Yen Sid

I've a Use Best Weapon composite bow, from way back when they would sometimes spawn as loot. As far as I'm aware, they don't any more and this modification can't be enhanced or imbued.

Also features additional imbued modifications as shown in the image below.

Obvious benefit, a melee weapon skill character can use a bow for ranged attacks.

I brought this over with me when I transferred from Great Lakes to Europa some time back, so am interested to gauge if there's many UBW bows around here these days, along with some form of valuation.

Pretty sure this was fixed so UBWS bows no longer benefit from the UBWS property.

magicmule

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I heard that once equiped they lose the ubw, not sure tho maybe someone can back me up on this?

Tetricyde

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well if you look closer at the picture im pretty sure the bow is equipped already.... so that can't be true...

L

LionUWF

the mod still stays when equipped but indeed you get no benefit, equip it to a melee char and try it out

M

Malimus

The chance to get UBW was removed because...

1. It was never intended to spawn as a property on bows to my knowledge
2. It never did work. Says UBW but it doesn't actually use best weapon skill. Just uses Archery skill.

It is considered a bit rare though because its hasn't spawned on bows for years. No idea on the price as Ive never seen one for sale or sell. Hope that helps :thumbup1:

E

Evlar

Just tried it out at Ogre Lords on my pally swordsman. With zero archery skill, it was hitting them for 33 standard damage on average. That's without any use of pally skills or specials and without the additional mods, apart from perhaps the Damage Increase stat.

Definately nerfed as suggested, as the character stats on this character show damage to be 50-66 with this weapon armed.

Still interested in valuations, from a "rarity" perspective though ;)

Rare Collector

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I saw a crossbow like that one sell on Atlantic for around 3m at the last rares fest there.