• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Gardening] Rare Fire Red plant pollination?

X

Xevious

I did the Solen hive quest and got one fire red and two black seeds, planted them, and they are growing. I noticed today that the fire red has a yellow - next to the pollen indicator. That should be a red X shouldn't it? Both of the black ones have red Xs there.

D

DHMagicMan_1

It's not going to polinate into more Fire Reds, I'm sure... what plant is it? Fire Red what?

X

Xevious

I don't know, it's still in a bowl. I was just saying it should have a red X and not a yellow -.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I have about 20 White, Black and Fire Reds that will hit stage 7 tomorrow... if any show that pollen is available I'll post details... I'm pretty sure if they do, it's not intended.

X

Xevious

Do any of them show yellow -? And I agree that it's not intended.

Sakkarah_

VIP
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's the same issue as with the bonsai. The part of the code that said no seeds / no xpollination for "mutant" plants went on an early Thanksgiving vacation. That's all in the same fix that will be in Pub 57. In the meantime, any seeds you get should be a blue plant as you did with the cocoa tree when xpollinated.

F

Flora Green

I have a fire read 4 barrel cactus that is producing seeds.
ETA it is producing actual, labeled cactus seeds.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Is it producing FIRE RED Cactus seeds or Blue ones?

F

Flora Green

Here's the pic.

As you can see the seed on the menu is plain, however in my pack it's fire red. The cactus in the upper left corner is the source plant.

I grew that cactus prior to pub 56, but had forgotten about it because it was on a non-gardening character. When I went to put it in deco mode, I saw the seeds.

D

DHMagicMan_1

Very nice! Congrats! I guess if it self-polinates it gives Fire Red and if you cross you get Blue? Who knows?

F

Flora Green

I was pretty excited even if it is just a cactus. :) I have a couple more planted to see what happens with them. Will report back when they bloom.