• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Price Check] RARE Fire Hued Cake-Must See!!!

Aftershock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings! I am looking for a price check or anyone interested in this Cake. I obtained this about 13 years ago but cannot tell you exactly where it originated. It is legit and not an exploit. I have spoke with Nails and he said i should post a general topic on a price check. I don't know if it can be eaten, seeing I don't plan on trying it. It doesn't make a sound or does it have an aroma...he-he. If anyone is interested in this fine Rare, please reply here or you may ICQ me as well. ICQ: 38433712. If I am offered any type of price I will also post on here and ask you do the same so there are no issues with anonymous bidders. Thank you.

cake 1 (237x185).jpg Cake 2 (251x151).jpg

Last edited:

Queen Arya

Rares Fest Host | Atl Sept 2011 & June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I will start the bids: 50 mil (what shard?)
(would love to know the history too)

Last edited:

Sapphirediablo

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What shard did you get this on?
Which one is it on now?

What is the history behind the cake? (or is it a lie?)

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
These days price checks are really difficult. If you want to sell it, I would put it up for auction with a reserve of what YOU'D be happy with and let it go from there. The economy is so fickle right now. Things that used to go for 20m two years ago, now go for over a 100m... while I have seen items with counts of less than 5 go for less than 200m. Yours has a lot of potential because it's bright and eye-catching. It's not something I'd buy because I'd have to figure out why I'd have a cake that it looks like a toddler went nuts decorating in my house. Heh. A lot of collectors run traditional museums though and simply display and for them this is fantastic because it's so obviously not anything that can be made. Good luck!

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like what you said Assia, and totally agree. it could go over a billion, it might not be worth more than a couple hundred to someone. For me personally it would be worth about 125million without knowing how the cake came about, just for the color.
Last 1/4 item i sold for around 70 million, last 1/15 item i bought was 800million. so prices vrs rarity can be all over the place. its all about how much someone wants it, and much it would take you to part with it.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
FYI guys this cake is currently on pacific but can be transported to just about any shard. If he don't have the shield I prolly do. Aftershock would prefer gold on Atlantic or Pacific. Although other shards would be considered. I have seen this cake and researched it, as yet haven't found out anything but NO ONE has ever seen or even remembers hearing about one. I am guessing that this thread will be here for awhile!

lineman

Rares Fest Host | Ches Jan 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I use to own one and I know Orc on GL owns one. There is a black one on pacific as well that has a colorful middle.

blend

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I use to own one and I know Orc on GL owns one. There is a black one on pacific as well that has a colorful middle.
I still owned one :)
Can I see black one on pacific?

Decadence

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
For some reason I remember someone calling this cake Skittles Cake, was it you Lineman? If so, or if anyone did, can they remember a specific reason? Or was it completely made up?

Alexander of ATL.

Rares Fest Host | Atl June 2013
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For some reason I'm not sure, but couldn't these cakes be from In-game weddings? Just an idea but my friend got married in-game and Mesanna created the two a special cake, speckled blue/black. But what separates that one from these is that his was named, these aren't.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm trying to dredge up my memories. Part of me wants to say that the cake and perhaps 1 or two more with different hues were on display at BOD Paradise, a Large Tower that used to be at the Brit/Vesper X-Roads on Pacific and I think was owned by Twilight Eyes. Maybe Assia can correct or confirm since she was running around Pac back then. I do remember the Tower had one of the locked down Cursors and many of the rarer server births. If Aftershock got he cake at Miss D's recent castle IDOC that would make sense because Miss D was close friends with Twilight Eyes and had been given some rares from her.

Assia Penryn

The Sleeping Dragon
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
As I recall Twilight Eyes = Iceweasel Here is her old website: http://www.iceweasel.net/wzl_guild/quest/ I thought she sold her items when she left, but I could be mistaken.

"A certain GM created these when they were promoted to IGM. I have pictured, from left to right, normal cake, pink, orange, fire, yellow, green, blue, purple and black (funeral.) Some GM's don't seem to know where they came from, as they will delete these on sight. I have all except orange, blue and black."

If I'm wrong, forgive me... this old dragon's memory isn't quite what it used to be.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yup, they are one and the same. They came back some time ago or never completely left. They still own a handful of houses on Pacific that they juggle now and then. In fact they wrote a book I got at the idoc saying how one item in particulare was in their collection before passing to Miss D. So now we have some history on the cakes. Their origin and how we ended up here.

Funny thing about that site you linked "I have all except orange, blue and black." The black one being the cake in lineman's screenshot that is still on Pacific and I actually have owned the Orange one for some time not realizing where it came from. Also the first item on that list, Kik-Pud's black feather I owned for a time but sold here on the rares forum in my big auction over half a decade ago before I quit for 2 years. It was won by Matthew Craemer, but sadly I heard he got hacked and lost everything at some point after that so I have no idea where the feather is now. :(

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So is this cake illegal or legal to own?

" Some GM's don't seem to know where they came from, as they will delete these on sight."

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards
I don't understand why a GM would delete them.
There's lots of stuff I don't understand but gee wiz.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't understand why a GM would delete them.
There's lots of stuff I don't understand but gee wiz.
I also seem to remember that being said about the ethereal and glacial clothing as well, but it seems they only stand good on the ethereal stuff *shrugs* ... TOO much is left to interpretation or discretion these days.

*get off the soap box and offers apologies to OP for the brief hijack*

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that page is quite old, the cakes and everything on it predate EM's and even Trammel so I can see back then the possibility of a GM not knowing the origin and deleting it thinking it was an exploit item. Today they wouldn't blink twice with all the items with weird colors we have so it's legal to own. Think of these Seer or IGM items as an EM item before they were called EMs.

There's a big difference between an old SEER item and an item created by an exploit or dupe.

Last edited:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
For some reason I remember someone calling this cake Skittles Cake, was it you Lineman? If so, or if anyone did, can they remember a specific reason? Or was it completely made up?
I did in fact call it a skittle cake when I sold mine but I cant take total credit for it as I used the term after Manticore I believe used it on one of his goblin tree's I believe.

Alexander of ATL.

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I WANT THIS CAKE!!! SOMEONE GIVE ME 1BILL!!! :)

haha... good luck to everyone that is bidding.

Last edited:

lineman

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I WANT THIS CAKE!!! SOMEONE GIVE ME 1BILL!!! :)

haha... good luck to everyone that is bidding.
Me too, I just forked up most of my gold for a couple returning players who are back after about a ten year hiatus lol. BUt one of them is a guy who got me playing the game in the first place so I owe em for that. Any way that cake and the daemon candle from Gl would look really really nice together.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL I miss having this kinda gold I game where whatever I wanted I could just get it. Currently bid is 710mil to Goodman, just to make sure everyone is on the same page. After is really busy IRL right now so I am helping him keep an eye on this thread. Who else likes CAKE???

Manticore

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
guess i have to chime in, i sold most of those cakes to Twilight Eyes and others back then (had a lot of them at one time). They are not server births but they are from IGMs parties or other sponsored celebrations; sometimes Seers used them as well. Back then they can be eaten and many were around. At some point people start calling them rares. And even some dupers got their hands on some. I reckon they are cool to own but different strokes for different folks I guess. I sold them as cheap as 10 mil back in the days but someone may want to pay a billion today instead of known recorded items *shrugs*

Last edited:

The Shamrock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Me too, I just forked up most of my gold for a couple returning players who are back after about a ten year hiatus lol. BUt one of them is a guy who got me playing the game in the first place so I owe em for that. Any way that cake and the daemon candle from Gl would look really really nice together.
i agree; was hoping to pair them up

Aftershock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Greetings! I am looking for a price check or anyone interested in this Cake. I obtained this about 13 years ago but cannot tell you exactly where it originated. It is legit and not an exploit. I have spoke with Nails and he said i should post a general topic on a price check. I don't know if it can be eaten, seeing I don't plan on trying it. It doesn't make a sound or does it have an aroma...he-he. If anyone is interested in this fine Rare, please reply here or you may ICQ me as well. ICQ: 38433712. If I am offered any type of price I will also post on here and ask you do the same so there are no issues with anonymous bidders. Thank you.

View attachment 15873 View attachment 15874
Sorry havent been on past few days. I have been busy. Will review tomorrow. Thanks.

Last edited:

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hehe and he acts like I ain't been keeping him updated either! Silly Steeler's fan :p

Aftershock

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are about to get rich Buddy......
Hey Ron, good to hear from you. Don't know how rich I will get but have some gold to make up. Yes, Kahlan has been keeping me updated as well as me following on phone. Thanks for that:) Also is there anyway I can change my stratics name from Johnny Pow to Aftershock? Let me know. Thanks.

Kahlan

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you can create a new acct to change your name. It's not like you have a huge post count so I don't think it would hurt any.