• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rare-colored Clothing -- Beware

P

prison bound

this post is a courtesy to stratics readers that do not frequent the rares collector forum. this link is the thread in the rares collectors forum. it reads that the japanese shards are having an event that yields AOS-colored cloth. this cloth can be used to create seemingly rare items, like the elven cloak in the picture below which is the invulnerability blue color

this post is just to warn players that there will be copious amounts of this cloth and these items transferring to other shards, do not get taken by a scammer with 'one of a kind' items

Giggles

Wielder of Ebil Cookies
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Social Media Liaison
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Thx for the heads up

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At least THIS time the "Japanese shard" explanation seems to be legit.. I remember people giving that same explanation when the dog dupe stuff showed up. :p

R

RavenWinterHawk

At least THIS time the "Japanese shard" explanation seems to be legit.. I remember people giving that same explanation when the dog dupe stuff showed up. :p
GO READ THE RARES FORUM.
IT DETAILS EVERYTHING GOING ON.

Slimes are being used as dye tubs. Yep slimes.

Kind of cool on Japanese shards.

L

Lord Drakelord

what with this tamer Sakai [yellow name NPC] at the brit banks on the japanese shards shards?? cannot claim or stable pets and cannot buy a pet off him either

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some AoS colored cloth came from the bug with the salvage bag where you could place AoS clothing into it and recycle it into cloth to make other items. This bug was fixed a short while back and anything that is crafted from AoS colored cloth should be buy at your own risk...

Nystul

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and others came from using pigments to dye 'green' labeled clothing. you can cut up non blessed green clothing...

Rumpy

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can dye "GREEN" clothing with the tokuno dyes. Dye a couple of robes, cut it up, remake a elven robe. Done.

Invul Blue robe.

Its not that hard people.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But there is no reason to spend 150 mil on a blue elf robe thingy. This cloth will make it easy to get now.

L

Lord Kynd

this is exactly why EM event items should be made to be 'stuck' on the shard they where created on and not transferd, way way to easy for people to get scammed.

R

RavenWinterHawk

this is exactly why EM event items should be made to be 'stuck' on the shard they where created on and not transferd, way way to easy for people to get scammed.
Well

I am on my way back for a Japanese shard. The colors arent hard to get.
But it did cost me 28 million to by tokens.

So if you want some. Im sure the will be showing up on a shard near you by Sunday.

Price 50k to 100k an item.
Bolts 50k to 250k.

No not my selling price but a general guideline. I want more. Good luck.

Oh by the way.

THE JAPANESE SHARD I am on. Its terrible. Nothing being sold. Luna stinks. Nothing but armour vendors. Desolate. Its funny. I see more players from atlantic there then strangers.

Seriously might be time to shrink shards. OR something.

S

Sneaky

No, this is why EM events should be restarted on ALL shards. I don't mind others having EM items that are rare and powerful, but it is only fair that all shards get a chance to get special items.

J

Joyous2K

No, this is why EM events should be restarted on ALL shards. I don't mind others having EM items that are rare and powerful, but it is only fair that all shards get a chance to get special items.
Weren't American EMs cheating or something and giving friends bonuses? Why did EMs get cancelled?

Doomsday Dragon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am selling a few invul blue elven robes on LS right now at 250k per seems like a fair price at the moment anyhow.

I still have no idea where to get the cloth on the other shards though. I get on but no one seems to speak english so I haven't had any luck. If anyone has done the quest there and can fill me in on what to do It would be a great help.

E

Elbryan Uthador

Well

I am on my way back for a Japanese shard. The colors arent hard to get.
But it did cost me 28 million to by tokens.

So if you want some. Im sure the will be showing up on a shard near you by Sunday.

Price 50k to 100k an item.
Bolts 50k to 250k.

No not my selling price but a general guideline. I want more. Good luck.

Oh by the way.

THE JAPANESE SHARD I am on. Its terrible. Nothing being sold. Luna stinks. Nothing but armour vendors. Desolate. Its funny. I see more players from atlantic there then strangers.

Seriously might be time to shrink shards. OR something.

Asian shards do not have the "Lunaland" malls that the western shards have. Most do not have the "malls" anywhere that most of us are used to.

Asian shards are also much nicer to play on since respect is given by all. That makes their seer events so nice to attend (besides the language barrier).

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Weren't American EMs cheating or something and giving friends bonuses? Why did EMs get cancelled?
EMs were canceled because of all the complaints EA was receiving about suspected unfair practices. Some players were just really good at solving the puzzles and getting items. But players thought they were cheating. Many topics were posted here on Stratics about it.

So now we don't have events anymore.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No EMs were not giving benefits to friends. And yes there are some EMs still around who play the game and read these boards. There is no need to throw out thoughtless and unfounded accusations like this. :(

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yes. However, truthful statements with backing like "Glamdring sucked at his job" are fine.

L

Lord Drakelord

Wish we had such events on our shards, I took a walk around on the shards where this is going on, they are really pretty neat with the deco around the brit banks.

However since I had no skilled charactors there I was unable to located the slimes people speak of. It would be neat to see this on our shards.

L

Lord Drakelord

EMs were canceled because of all the complaints EA was receiving about suspected unfair practices. Some players were just really good at solving the puzzles and getting items. But players thought they were cheating. Many topics were posted here on Stratics about it.

So now we don't have events anymore.

Ya on Somona we had a group that would run around trying to solve all the puzzles and quests, "Stratics reporters", they got so good that people were saying the EM was being to careless with her clues when in fact those folks put their guts out trying to solve the puzzles to help others.

J

Joyous2K

No EMs were not giving benefits to friends. And yes there are some EMs still around who play the game and read these boards. There is no need to throw out thoughtless and unfounded accusations like this. :(
SO I guess they got cancelled for nothing, then? Just a bunch of phone calls got them cancelled and ruined the one beacon of hope and truth in UO?

I didn't accuse anyone of anything, I was looking for the backstory of why the Americans lost their EMs. I remembered from the old Stratics the allusions that they were cheating or that some were cheating and that it is over now.

Are there any specific informations, not names, but what did they cheat at? Or was it just a bunch of prank calls to EA that got them ended?

Stinks too, because I could use some slime cloth so bad. I was just thinking... MAN!! I would pay 50 USD for some virtual slime cloth right about now. LOL

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Event Moderator cancellation was a Mythic decision. When Mythic was put in charge of UO they evaluated everything, including this program which was costing them money. They probably reviewed all the feedback on the program, saw how many people were complaining about corruption and decided it would be better off to just cancel it. Win-win for all involved (players are happy and Mythic saves money), but it didn't work like that.

Crysta

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't the program canned well in advance of Mythinc coming on tho?

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wasn't the program canned well in advance of Mythinc coming on tho?
Mythic was purchased by EA on June 20, 2006. The last EM events took place in about November 2006. It is quite obvious what happened after Glamdring made an announcement that events were coming back big time in the fall, then there was nothing. The whole thing was canned right out from under him. It is like when that Gamemaster was doing those guides on the support site. Suddenly he just disappeared and we didn't hear anything about it. He was obviously laid off.

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
SO I guess they got cancelled for nothing, then? Just a bunch of phone calls got them cancelled and ruined the one beacon of hope and truth in UO?

I didn't accuse anyone of anything, I was looking for the backstory of why the Americans lost their EMs. I remembered from the old Stratics the allusions that they were cheating or that some were cheating and that it is over now.

Are there any specific informations, not names, but what did they cheat at? Or was it just a bunch of prank calls to EA that got them ended?

Stinks too, because I could use some slime cloth so bad. I was just thinking... MAN!! I would pay 50 USD for some virtual slime cloth right about now. LOL
They got cancelled because Mythic took over the customer service aspect of UO (GMs etc) and the EM was considered a part of that, and Mythic had no idea how to run events. That's it. And when you intimate that people are cheating when you have no evidence you give off a bad impression. There is no reason to not have care with what you say.

J

Joyous2K

They got cancelled because Mythic took over the customer service aspect of UO (GMs etc) and the EM was considered a part of that, and Mythic had no idea how to run events. That's it. And when you intimate that people are cheating when you have no evidence you give off a bad impression. There is no reason to not have care with what you say.
I remembered reading about "a few bad apples" from the EM program in the old Stratics. If that was all baloney, fine. I don't care either way.

C

Cysphruo

theres a misunderstanding here, theyre talking about the seer program and not the more recent EM program

american shards dont have seers while asian shards do, they are unpaid volunteers who enjoy doing what they do

originally we had seers too but some of them thought they would be smart and demand pay and take it to court, and now we no longer have seers, due to american laws and greedy people, this was many many many years ago.

C

Cysphruo

that was not the problem with EM events, your describing people who had a good line of communication who would contact each other when an event was happening.
the problem was the events were often too easy and lacked real content, no storyline.
i remember one event, simon says... how is that an event???

JC the Builder

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Cysphruo;57438the problem was the events were often too easy and lacked real content said:
It varied form shard to shard. Some shards had great moderators who involved story lines. Others were mostly one shot events. Some events were even on the scale of what we have now, except they were better because there were no development schedules in the way.

L

Lariat

this post is just to warn players that there will be copious amounts of this cloth and these items transferring to other shards, do not get taken by a scammer with 'one of a kind' items
From your wording, it sounds as if you're accusing the vendor in the picture of scamming. I know SupSoc. He is a respected member of the rares community. I don't know if your intentions were as they seem, but if they were, you are mistaken and owe an apology. That robe is from one of the cloth bugs and was, up until this event, a rare.

G

galefan2004

Ahh no another rare is getting destroyed.

Woot! They need to keep going till every rare is destroyed.

However, they should have made these items available on all shards and not just the Japanese ones.

G

galefan2004

If thats the case then fire that EM and replace them. Don't end the entire system. I refuse to believe there are no honest people out there that wouldn't abuse the system.

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From your wording, it sounds as if you're accusing the vendor in the picture of scamming. I know SupSoc. He is a respected member of the rares community. I don't know if your intentions were as they seem, but if they were, you are mistaken and owe an apology. That robe is from one of the cloth bugs and was, up until this event, a rare.
Cant Speak for others but gouging other players for ******** prices with items created by in game bugs is lame. Respectable is the last thing that comes to mind. Imo:)

G

galefan2004

From your wording it sounds like you are accusing this "respected member of the rares community" of exploiting a known bug to get an item that should have been deleted as soon as the bug was discovered. The problem with the rares community is that the majority of these "rare" items are just items that came from exploits that should have been removed as soon as those exploits were found out.

G

galefan2004

Cant Speak for others but gouging other players for ******** prices with items created by in game bugs is lame. Respectable is the last thing that comes to mind. Imo:)
Well they did say a respectable members of the rares community. That would be the trash that gets together to figure out the newest exploits to get items that were never meant to be obtainable in the game so they can price gogue. So, I guess the person that actually manages to outsell the competition in order to buy more exploit items to sell at 350% is the most respected.

S

SilentFoxXy

So, you think the person who read about the Slime Dyes, bought 2 transfer tokens legally, sold a few arties on home shard, xsharded them to a japanese shard, grinded for 5 days killing and dying, then transfer back, is a cheater, an explioter, a scripter.

Way back in the 5th century, trade routes were established for spice, these explorers were heros of the state, not shot as traitors or deserters, to the above poster, sort it out mate please.

Many items, the new Dyed AOS slime, the Jap token, are only available on Jap shards. So, only the well off are able to afford a double xshard transactions, hence the cloth that makes it back to non Japan shards is expensive, nothing dodgy, no cheating, just folk spending money on 2 tokens and stocking up legally.

But......There are no items unique to Europa that Japan shards dont have......

We pay the same as they do, we play the same game, why should they be allowed unique items, and us not, is this saying Westerners all cheat whilst the easterner never ever do??

Making us fork out for 2 tokens is simply wrong. Its the same game, the same model, it MUST be all the same.

Yes, shame Events stopped, even more of a shame no unique items are created anymore, terrible shame if it was all down to cheating.

A little power thinking, a few hours work, surely a system that is not malleable by the cheater would be feasible??

Until then, we continue to gamble, buy tokens, x shard back, and inflate....

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well they did say a respectable members of the rares community. That would be the trash that gets together to figure out the newest exploits to get items that were never meant to be obtainable in the game so they can price gogue. So, I guess the person that actually manages to outsell the competition in order to buy more exploit items to sell at 350% is the most respected.
:popcorn::lol::popcorn:

E

Elbryan Uthador

Wow. I have read some really stupid things said on this board but this takes the cake. Paint with a broad colored brush do you? Every niche in UO has its bad apples, including the rare collectors. 95% of them though will go out of their way to help you with any questions you have.

Do I agree with Soc pricing that item that way? No. But to label all of us as trash to exploit the ignorant masses is uncalled for and unjust.

By the way, there was a thread in the Rare's Forum that discussed these items and how they were made.