• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Rare Collectors Festival 2008 [Feb. 23rd - 29th] ! Looking For Participants!

G

This is an idea originally proposed by Hemisphere a well known collector from Europa. Unfortunatley the idea while a great one has never come to pass, so in an effort to bring the rares community closer together the idea is being resurrected.

The festival will be held on the Atlantic shard, from Feb 23rd through the 29th. The main events will occur on the first day(an exact time has not yet been set), and possibly some impromptu events will be held through out the week.

The purpose of the festival is to give new and old collectors alike a chance to make new acquaintances, trade their wares, buy and/or sell their wares.

An exact location has yet to be set, but for anyone who wishes to participate a free vendor will be provided to display and sell their wares on.

If anyone wishes to participate please pm/icq me and provide an icq number or other contact method. You will then be contacted to find out what you will be bringing with you.

All are welcome, and anything you wish to bring is welcome as well, be it gold, rares, or companionship!

The more participants we are able to get the more involved this event will become, its currently only in the begining stages, but we are looking into some free commemorative hand outs, possibly a raffle or several, and a potential method, to provide some compensation for travel fees. We may also have a suprise guest or two, and some games. Possibly even an Auction!

But this will all depend on the turn out we recieve!

All participants are responsible for any costs and/or fees they incur to travel to Atlantic.

More information about the Rare Collector's Festival!
http://boards.stratics.com/php-bin/uo/showflat.php?Cat=5&Number=7613551&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

<u>Sponsors</u>
1. DVI - HOST
2. Manticore
3. Treyster

<u>Participants</u>

1. Orc Chief
2.. Beso
3. Moslar
4. Halister Marner
5. Chaosy
6. Restless
7. Nine Dark Moons
8. The Scandinavian
9. Kaj
10. Steven Foreman
11. JC the Builder
12. Cisco Kid
13. Sorcon
14. Ryna McBegg
15. Demonous
16. Simon Francis
17. Ace
18. Elbryan Uthador
19. Kratos Aurion
20. Alexander Smithy
21. Athelas
22. Tomas Bryce
23. Charbear
24. Sup Soc
25. Voluptuous
26. Darsus
27. Parkay
28. Tophouseplotter
29. Teufel Hund
30. Devil's Own
31. Smokey of LS
32. Feath
33. Lady Nico
34. BBQ Louisa
35. Mandosa-nice
36. Kelek
37. Rachel of Rachel's Runes
38. Tek
39. Laina
40. Damia TMC

M

mdacc#one

iam lookig for:

Death Knight Entry token lanttern
Happy New Year Lanttern
Romanticst of Arrriang Lanttern
or some other neat looking lantterns except for the umbra ones and trapped soul

also looking for:

I stole this necklace

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
I

imported_gwen_alcestis

Umm... If everybody pays for their own travels, what on earth are you sponsoring?

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Umm... If everybody pays for their own travels, what on earth are you sponsoring?

[/ QUOTE ]

the "managerial and administrative" aspects of holding the event.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

the "managerial and administrative" aspects of holding the event.

[/ QUOTE ]

There might be more to it than that, we havent decided yet...you gotta remember we JUST decided to do this, TODAY lol, nothing is completely certain or decided just yet, no need for skepticism just yet hehe

the more ppl that participate tho, the more we're guna beable to do

G

Hi,

yupp sound like a lot of fun.
Im currently on Chessy but when I have completed my trip there I can head for Atlantic,hopefully in time for your event.

Atlantic was actually my second shard to play about ,well just say it was a loooooong ago.

Im more on the buying than the selling because I wont go to Europa to collect my precious first.
But I guess you all want some to buy your stuff anyway.

If anyone have a Coal Chainmail armor,coal ore,npc ingots,sharpened stick(black)...I would like that alot.
*hint*

Regards
The Scandinavian

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Depending on how this works out, I will most likely attend aswell.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Gwen, if you promise to smile more you're welcome to come too!

G

Awesome, we'll be glad to have you! As much as this is about rares, its a also a community event and is a great opportunity for non collectors to see items that are not available on the market every day, and to perhaps indulge themselves alittle, or to begin a collection!

G

I'll go if there is a specific date/time everyone is gathering. At least one Atlantic collector should show up, it is on our shard after all.

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

So your "all are welcome" only applies to people who smile... meh... Rubbish !
*mumblegrumbleroars*

G

in order for me to be on the participants list, do i need to bring rares with me to trade/sell or can i just be there to buy other peoples rares? and if the second part is true, count me in

G

all you need to bring is yourself and a willingness to participate, if that means spending money then i doubt there will be any complains!

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
buying, selling, trading is what we're looking for the more you bring the better its guna turn out

the money you bring, the more items you bring to trade/sell etc etc

we got like 20 ppl so far willing to participate and we just brought the idea back yesterday, so it'd looking to be extremely promising so far

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

buying, selling, trading is what we're looking for the more you bring the better its guna turn out

the money you bring, the more items you bring to trade/sell etc etc

we got like 20 ppl so far willing to participate and we just brought the idea back yesterday, so it'd looking to be extremely promising so far

[/ QUOTE ]

Ya. Now if treyster can bring me then double exe items I ICQed him about a lil bit ago Ill for sure be there.

M

mdacc#one

Also, for those of you with museums on Atlantic, perhaps we can get group tours, it can be any types of museums server births, rubbles, EM event items, or it doesnt have to be musuem either just some items you wnat to show off.

Note: please no random gates to red terriorties, we're collectors not fighters LOL, we'll get slaughtered.

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

or in the words of Michael Jackson: I think i told you, i'm a lover not a fighter!

K

Kratos Aurion

Its an interesting idea. I might drop by to see how it goes the first time more so as an observer than a participater. I have little free time and less on UO but if all goes well I'll try to attend

G

Ill do my utmost to attend.. And I may just bring some rares along as well!

G

I would like to attend. Just getting started on the rare's business.

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hey... I said maybe.

I'd have to reactivate and all that goodness.

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

or in the words of Michael Jackson: I think i told you, i'm a lover not a fighter!

[/ QUOTE ]

HOLY CRAP, Gewn said something that wasnt negative :O !!

Way to go Gewn, ur on the right path now

I

imported_charbear

Oooooooooooooooooooo... I wanna come! Can't guarantee I will bring anything other than $$ and the hope of getting something I've always wanted....

G

this weekend and next I'm not around...:p and during the week is an hour play at best...but...I will come with money if I can, and many rares just in case

F

Fantaapple

Omgooses lets show uo pixels we are cool ^^
ur ugly alyssa &lt;3

Treyster18

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

sounds pointless =[

[/ QUOTE ]

Now what on Earth sounds pointless about this????

G

Fantaapple if it sounds pointless then dont bother coming, and dont bother posting about it. Why even post in the first place? The whole point of this is to inspire more of a community feel and bring the many rare collectors of uo together, and to give everyone an opportunity to buy and sell and trade and haggle, and have fun.

If you dont enjoy being part of a community, or having fun, or spending time with others then this certainly is not the place for you.

I

imported_SupSoc

I havent been very active the past couple weeks. But I would love to give a tour of my "Museum"...

I

imported_Moslar

Yep, this whole thing is all about getting to Atlantic, kisssing allot of booty, and make DVI sell his items dirt cheap. I can not wait.

G

I will come , but i will just use my atlantic char and see how the event goes, really cant afford 2 transfer tokens , but my atlantic char will drop bye and take a peek......If its good then maybe next time i will transfer with stuff/gold...

G

THP you as is anyone else welcome to come and participate, but I don't want any negativity from anyone about it, this is supposed to be a positive event to bring the community together.

G

Buyers, Sellers, Traders!

Maybe a few Gawkers &amp; Browsers!

G

If you need an house, I have buy a new in luna next to west gate.

Is empty and i leave empty untill the festival, if you are interested.

I could give a free vendor to each partecipant that want sell something.

Before that someone tell that is for advertise my new shop.

- The house is completly empty, and i don't know, when i have time to start it (I have few time to play for RL problem).

- I could give more that 50 free vendors because is empty.

- Is in a good location (Luna), and in good position for the street.

G

Darsus, I certainly appreciate the offer, but if your free time to play UO is limited it would be best if we use my house as I have a wider range of availability.

G

I need 1 min to add a vendor, is different that start a shop, but np was because, we could make a particular customization for the event and to don't remove eventually vendors from a shop.

I am happy that it has been appreciated

G

I'm on Atlantic.. I have some rares but nothing recent. Just got back into game since AOS pretty much. I dont even know what is rare that i have anymore. I'll prolly drop by to see what's still rare of the old school stuff..
If anyone is willing to help me identify what i have as rare it would be appreciated. I dont plan on selling anything tho.